6 (16.2%)
Dwayne Wade
4 (10.8%)
Chris Paul
2 (5.4%)
Dwight Howard
1 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Lebron vs Kobe  (Read 15840 times)

Re: Lebron vs Kobe
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2009, 11:31:22 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Kobe isn't even the best two guard in the NBA, why is this the discussion?

really? who's the better 2?

I'm assuming:

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2009, 11:40:25 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

I'm assuming:

You mean that guy having the best season in the NBA? Yeah, that would be the guy.  TP for the pic.

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2009, 11:57:07 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

I'm assuming:

You mean that guy having the best season in the NBA? Yeah, that would be the guy.  TP for the pic.

I love D-Wade - probably my favorite non-Celtic - but he's not better than Kobe right now. Nothing would make me happier than to change my mind. But no, not yet.

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2009, 11:59:46 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

I'm assuming:

I love D-wade, but i don't think he's better than Kobe.

For one thing, he doesn't play defense at near the level Kobe Does.

He may be a better offensive 2, but i'll take Kobe over him any day as a complete package.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2009, 01:13:23 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
Brick, buddy I might be thee #2 Lebron hater in the world after you.  I think he's overrated and doesn't play by anywhere near the same rules as the rest of the league, even the second prima donna Kobe doesn't get calls like him.

But he's the best player right now.  Friday night's play was astonishing.  You surround him with role players and he can win a championship.  Surround Kobe with role players and he might make the second round, might.

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2009, 01:15:48 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
Actually, if you surround Kobe with role players he will ask to be traded

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2009, 04:34:28 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
I think Kobe is a better player in terms of skills and footwork, but in a game of one on one, LeBron would dominates simply because of his size and athleticism.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2009, 06:26:09 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

I'm assuming:

He may be a better offensive 2, but i'll take Kobe over him any day as a complete package.

DWade this season
29 ppg 7.1 Assts 5.1 boards. 2.25 steals 1.56 blocks 2.6PF

Kobe
27.0 PPG  4.6 Assts  5.3 boards 1.39 Steals .36 blocks 2.33 PF

And if you look at their career stats Dwade leads in steal (1.79) blocks (.94) Assts and trails in points by 1 (25-24) and boards (4.3-4.9). Also, Dwade is a better teammate and I would rather have him with the ball and the game on the line then Kobe.

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2009, 06:27:57 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

I'm assuming:

DWade this season

Kobe

And if you look at their career stats Dwade leads in steal (1.79) blocks (.94) Assts and trails in points by 1 (25-24) and boards (4.3-4.9). Also, Dwade is a better teammate and I would rather have him with the ball and the game on the line then Kobe.

i think we have plenty of threads on how misleading the steal stat and block stats are (see iverson, allen and camby, marcus)

I think their very close as a total package, but i'd still take kobe.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2009, 06:34:03 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

I'm assuming:

DWade this season

Kobe

i think we have plenty of threads on how misleading the steal stat and block stats are (see iverson, allen and camby, marcus)

That's fine about steals as far as guards go, but neither of these guys is known for playing the passing lanes like Iverson. They're both guys who get up in your jersey. And no matter how you slice it a guy 6'4 playing 2 guard averaging a block and a half is absurd. That's not Camby helping from the weak side, that's a 2 guard having amazing timing and anticipation.

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2009, 06:38:15 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

I'm assuming:

DWade this season

Kobe

That's fine about steals as far as guards go, but neither of these guys is known for playing the passing lanes like Iverson. They're both guys who get up in your jersey. And no matter how you slice it a guy 6'4 playing 2 guard averaging a block and a half is absurd. That's not Camby helping from the weak side, that's a 2 guard having amazing timing and anticipation.

KC your not going to change my mind on this. i watch them both, i like them both (as players, kobe i can't stand as a person) and i think kobe is slightly better on defense of the two, especially man to man.

You like wade, i like kobe at the 2 guard, thats just the way its going to be :D

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2009, 06:41:42 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

I'm assuming:

DWade this season

Kobe

KC your not going to change my mind on this. i watch them both, i like them both (as players, kobe i can't stand as a person) and i think kobe is slightly better on defense of the two, especially man to man.

You like wade, i like kobe at the 2 guard, thats just the way its going to be :D

That's fine, you can be wrong.  ;) Tp.

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2009, 06:42:29 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

I'm assuming:

DWade this season

Kobe

That's fine, you can be wrong.  ;) Tp.

hehe back at ya bud

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2009, 06:58:29 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
give lebron anyday of the week

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2009, 07:44:12 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I think it's Kobe, and I don't think it's that close.

Fixed.

As I said, besides scoring, finishing, rebounding, passing, defense, leadership, and team success, I think it's Kobe all the way.

Agree to disagree.  LeBron gets credit for how "smart" he is.  I guarantee you if I had his body, and the treatment from the refs he gets, I'd average 85 points a game.  No joke.  He takes the worst shots for no good reason.

Last, LeBron is not really a good passer.  He's good at passing to wide open people, but he hardly creates the angle.  The angle creates itself due to his mesmerizm of the opposing defense - everyone just sits around and watches him dribble 20 seconds off the shot clock and someone sneaks back door for an easy layup...or he posts up and kicks out to a 3 point shooter with about 15 feet of room to shoot the ball.  That is not skill in my opinion. 
So, shooting, clutchness, defense (help-side blocks, no matter how "emphatic", don't really impress me as defense, just athleticism), BBIQ, and TEAM SUCCESS (3 rings and 5 finals appearance VS getting sweeped in the finals), definitely Kobe.

And as maestro said I can't stand either of these guys but Kobe's simply better.  LeBron is just a freak of nature (no way that's natural either, I'm sorry).

I'll begin by saying that I do think Kobe's better.  Its very tough to compare though.  LBJ has to dominate for his team to win, Kobe does not.  Because of that, LBJ is appearing to be far more dominant this season that Kobe IMO.  But in terms of overall game, I still prefer Kobe slightly.  But I have to refute 2 of your points.

1.  You would not score 85 points per game.  That is a a joke. 

2.  LeBron has fantastic court vision and is a good passer.  I'm really impressed with how he can read defensive rotations and figure out who the open man will be almost instantly.  I've seen him make some incredible passes along the baseline too.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur