6 (16.2%)
Dwayne Wade
4 (10.8%)
Chris Paul
2 (5.4%)
Dwight Howard
1 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Lebron vs Kobe  (Read 15845 times)

Lebron vs Kobe
« on: January 11, 2009, 02:29:19 AM »

Offline JR Giddens

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
I know I've done this a million times but I want to do an official poll. Although Kobe has the best skill-set ever I still think Lebron would stomp all over him. If Kobe had to guard Lebron all night Kobe wouldn't be able to score sort of like Paul Pierce last night. I also don't think the Lakers could win against the Cavs either because of Big Zs jumpshot and Big Ben is keeping every big man off the post again this year.

Re: Lebron vs Kobe
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 02:34:16 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I said Chris Paul.
He seems like a good person and
he scores AND dishes the ball.
I don't particularly like LBJ
and I truly and outright hate Kobe.

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 02:38:21 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
I know I've done this a million times but I want to do an official poll. Although Kobe has the best skill-set ever I still think Lebron would stomp all over him. If Kobe had to guard Lebron all night Kobe wouldn't be able to score sort of like Paul Pierce last night. I also don't think the Lakers could win against the Cavs either because of Big Zs jumpshot and Big Ben is keeping every big man off the post again this year.

Btw, what happened to "73 to 75 wins
for the Lakers"!?  ;D  ;)

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 02:52:58 AM »

Offline JR Giddens

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33

Lakers are toast. This Lebron's league just like Tim Duncan said 2 years ago.

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 02:57:07 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan

Lakers are toast. This Lebron's league just like Tim Duncan said 2 years ago.

If the Cavs don't win it, I'll make
sure this will come back to haunt you.
That's a promise, young man  ;)

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 07:06:43 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Ok here's my thing.

For years (2-3ish at least) I've regrettably said Kobe is the best in the NBA. I still think he is; but only just. The gap has been significantly closed and it really is marginal, but for me it's Kobe - better defender, shooter and he's more clutch.

It hurts saying this because I hate both players immensely. And for what it's worth, Dwyane Wade isn't even that far off either of them, nor is Chris Paul.

And why no mention of the HOFers Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki and Kevin Garnett? They're deserving of a mention at the very least in this conversation.

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 07:36:55 AM »

Offline twistedrico

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
I don't think its Lebron's league yet. Regardless of The Celtics slump, they WILL return to the finals.  One guy does not win a championship alone and I do not believe he has the supporting cast yet to get it done. 

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 08:29:59 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I think it's Lebron, and I don't think it's that close.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 08:31:26 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

Based on what, Roy?

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 08:44:03 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Based on what, Roy?

Right now, Lebron is a better and more efficient scorer, and he's a better rebounder, passer, defender, and finisher around the basket than Kobe. 

Lebron is also besting him in head-to-head matchups (the Cavs are 6-3 against Kobe's Lakers, including 5 in a row and 6 of the last 7), with Lebron putting up better overall statistics in those matchups.  Also, even though the two teams have the same record, I think the Cavs have been the more impressive team this year (and point differential bears this out), despite the Cavs having inferior talent outside of Lebron.

Kobe is a better pure shooter, but I think that's the only thing he has on Lebron.

Stats / Head-to-Head Stats.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 09:18:48 AM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
I'd have to go with Lebron just because he's so unstoppable.  There are some guys (not many) that can actually contain Kobe somewhat.  I can't think of one person that can match up physically with Lebron.  Not just now, but EVER.

The scary part is that he could be so much better.  For a guy as physically menacing as Lebron is, I can't remember him ever posting up a smaller guy the way Jordan, Kobe and even Pippen did.  If he had the post game Jordan did he would be impossible to stop.

I think Kobe has a better "skill set" right now.  More offensive arsenal and better at covering players his own size.  The difference is Lebron is so much bigger but is just as quick and has most of the same skills.

Dwight Howard is going to be second to Lebron soon I think.  He can impose his will almost as much as Lebron.

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 09:11:19 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

co-sign

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 09:13:56 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I think the question is not LeBron or Kobe, It's Lebron or Dwade.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 09:29:28 PM by KCattheStripe »

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2009, 09:14:38 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
LeBron has inherited the mantle of best player in the world from Tim Duncan last year. This season he's already heads and shoulder above anyone else.

Kobe? One can only image what would LeBron do with Kobe's supporting cast.

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2009, 09:17:29 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
LeBron has inherited the mantle of best player in the world from Tim Duncan last year. This season he's already heads and shoulder above anyone else.

Kobe? One can only image what would LeBron do with Kobe's supporting cast.

Win every championship for the next ten years.