Author Topic: Something I don't hear very often about the Cavs...  (Read 1436 times)

Something I don't hear very often about the Cavs...
« on: January 09, 2009, 09:00:46 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Sorry if it is bad timing to be pro-Cleveland in the midst of a big game against them...  but I'm sure by now you've all read or heard the argument that the Cavs are the favorites in the East because "they almost beat the Celtics in the playoffs last year, and they've improved more since then than the Celtics have."  Then there is the evidence... "Cavs added Mo Williams"... "Celtics lost Posey"... "Celtics are getting older".... "LeBron is playing better than ever".... etc..

Well, one major factor that is strong evidence in favor of the Cavs... they pulled off a pretty big trade in the middle of last year.  It's rare for teams to gel as quickly as these Celts did after a big roster change.  Ben Wallace is playing better in Cleveland than he did last year... Szczberiak has a clearer role... Delonte West is playing much better this season.  That is a major, major difference in that team from this year compared to last.

I know we can beat them, but I also recognize that it will take a much better series than last year, because they've improved... a lot.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.