Author Topic: Chris Mannix-Kapono to Boston idea  (Read 8531 times)

Re: Chris Mannix-Kapono to Boston idea
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2009, 08:52:51 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
No chance. An awful contract and a poor player.

I'm amazed that it was ever written by that SI writer. I couldn't believe it when I saw it.

TJ Ford pulled down 40% more rebounds than Kapono against Orlando in the playoffs last season, this despite Kapono playing 20% more minutes than TJ. Toronto was getting mauled on the backboards and their tallest perimeter player doesn't even bother to help out on the backboards ..... it was magnified even further when they tried to play small ball. An awful rebounder.

Kapono is a below average rebounder for a point guard - one every 12 minutes, versus an average of one every 10 for a point guard - nevermind for a shooting guard or a small forward.

On a poor defensive team, and a very poor perimeter defense, no Raptors player is a larger defensive liability than Jason Kapono. He gives up far more points than he gets you.

And then he doesn't even stick to what he's good at. Only 25% of his attempts from downtown last season? Posey took two thirds of his attempts from downtown. Kapono still plays the game like he's in college where he was the All-Time leader in scoring at UCLA. Mentally he doesn't accept and tailor his game to the role he has to play in order to be successful. That wrecks my head. His usage of the basketball on offense is very poor and shows weak decision making ability. The number of good shots that he turns down too, it's ridiculous.

Kapono is a shameful player who has no place on a squad like the Celtics. Tony Allen is vastly superior option on the wing to this waste of money .... and oh boy is it an atrocious contract.

Don't just say no this trade idea, shout it from the rooftops.

[Side Note: Last year the two players that ticked me off the most where Mike Bibby and Mo Williams, and they received many a rant, now with both players playing better basketball a vacuum has been left which shall be partially filled by Mr. Jason Kapono. I'm going to be mean spirited when I talk about his game. His self centered hurt my team style of play wrecks my head.]

Re: Chris Mannix-Kapono to Boston idea
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2009, 08:57:02 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Kapono plays D now?