Author Topic: Chris Mannix-Kapono to Boston idea  (Read 8539 times)

Re: Chris Mannix-Kapono to Boston idea
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2009, 04:37:10 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
No thanks.  His shooting is not worth what it would take to get him. 

you don't think we could get him without giving up Eddie? why would TOR even want Eddie?

I would rather use Scal's contract to try to get a more versatile player, otherwise, Scal is too important to this team right now. 

I am holding on to Scal unless we can get a player who can help us on both ends of the floor, and I just do not think Kapono is that guy. 

Really, all Kapono gives us is shooting...and we can get that if they play Pruitt more.

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2009, 04:38:16 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
If we are going after someone on Toronto, it should be either Parker, or Moon.  If we can't get either of them, then I just am not interested.

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2009, 04:40:57 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255

you don't think we could get him without giving up Eddie? why would TOR even want Eddie?

I would rather use Scal's contract to try to get a more versatile player, otherwise, Scal is too important to this team right now. 

I am holding on to Scal unless we can get a player who can help us on both ends of the floor, and I just do not think Kapono is that guy. 

Really, all Kapono gives us is shooting...and we can get that if they play Pruitt more.

it's not just shooting, but it's shooting from a big.

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2009, 04:43:01 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

Kopono isn't a "big", he is a wing with decent height.  If they want shooting from a big, they should just sign Croshere.

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2009, 04:44:53 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas

Kopono isn't a "big", he is a wing with decent height.  If they want shooting from a big, they should just sign Croshere.

certainly a big in relation to any other shooter on our bench.

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2009, 04:47:01 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

Again, sign Croshere, and use the assets it would take to get Kopono to get a better player.

Besides, the fact that Kopono is taller than Pruitt means nothing, since he can't play defense.

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2009, 04:51:57 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas

Again, sign Croshere, and use the assets it would take to get Kopono to get a better player.

Besides, the fact that Kopono is taller than Pruitt means nothing, since he can't play defense.

i'd take Kapono way over Croshere. Kapono is a significantly better shooter.

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2009, 05:03:51 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Let me get this straight: the same people who think that giving Posey the contract he was asking are okay with trading for Kapono?  :o

Posey over Kapono....not even hint of a doubt. But that said i really think we need that shooting from a tall wing.

Not at this price. And I'm not talking about what we'd need to send back to Toronto, but about Kapono's contract.

If we are going after someone on Toronto, it should be either Parker, or Moon.  If we can't get either of them, then I just am not interested.

Moon is not very good, I think; Parker looks very, very old - I don't know if he can rejuvenate enough to help us. Anyway, I doubt we have the assets to trade for Parker.

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2009, 05:31:45 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
Let me get this straight: the same people who think that giving Posey the contract he was asking are okay with trading for Kapono?  :o

Posey over Kapono....not even hint of a doubt. But that said i really think we need that shooting from a tall wing.

Not at this price. And I'm not talking about what we'd need to send back to Toronto, but about Kapono's contract.

Moon is not very good, I think; Parker looks very, very old - I don't know if he can rejuvenate enough to help us. Anyway, I doubt we have the assets to trade for Parker.

I would take Moon purely as a long, athletic body to throw at Lebron defensively. 

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2009, 05:35:23 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Bring the Sixers in on a deal. They need Kapono's outside shooting badly.

PHI sends out Reggie Evans
PHI receives Jason Kapono

TOR sends out Jason Kapono and Jamario Moon
TOR receives BBD, POB, Scalabrine, and Cassell (released)

BOS sends out BBD, POB, Scalabrine, and Cassell
BOS receives Reggie Evans and Jamario Moon

PHI gets the outside shooting they desperately need, and opens up some minutes for Speights at PF.

TOR gets out from Kapono's contract with expiring and short-term deals (perhaps a draft pick thrown in as well).

BOS gets a vet rebounder and a rental of Moon, who should help as a cheap wing defender, not to mention opens up a couple of roster spots.

The trade also works if we keep POB and PHI sends TOR Donyell Marshall instead.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 05:43:50 PM by Lucky17 »
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2009, 05:55:13 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
Let's go easy on the feeling bad for Brian Scalabrine... The man has taken a very hefty contract for his limited skill set and accepted every penny. There is no way I could possibly feel bad for Scal after he got cult status, got paid extremely well, and rode everyone to a freakin ring... He's worn out his welcome to me. It's not cute or fun anymore, lets free up his roster spot and get someone who can play now that our bench is in rough shape.  

That said, no on Kapono haha... I don't like that he's just a taller House and we'd lose the energy that House brought on defense last year that hopefully he can find again.

i agree about keeping Eddie, but what if we could do it without giving him up?

Lucky17's deal looks good to me... How is Reggie Evans defensively, because I know he can rebound pretty well. Moon is a solid backup perimeter defender, and someone I feel comfortable giving Pierce a rest for a couple minutes per game with. Don't know if Toronto would do it though... They'd have to not care about the short term and just go for it in 2010 with Bosh and someone else. I'd do it though.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2009, 06:22:38 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
 i'd be thrilled to get rid of scal. now that he is actually getting in once in awhile again can we please hold him accountable for not changing his body AGAIN? wasting yet again another offseason while everyone else(except maybe davis) busted their tail?

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2009, 06:25:01 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!

Who cares about contracts? If this happened it would essentially be Tony for Kapono, and we DID screw up not resigning Posey, and even though he doesn't admit it, Danny knows it, too. We really could use a wing with good size who can shoot. We've been extremely inconsistent with the outside shot, and if we're going to take it, get someone who can hit it.

House/Ray/Pierce/Kapono/KG for short stretches? That's a Jim O'Brien wet dream right there.

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2009, 06:34:43 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Bring the Sixers in on a deal. They need Kapono's outside shooting badly.

PHI sends out Reggie Evans
PHI receives Jason Kapono

TOR sends out Jason Kapono and Jamario Moon
TOR receives BBD, POB, Scalabrine, and Cassell (released)

BOS sends out BBD, POB, Scalabrine, and Cassell
BOS receives Reggie Evans and Jamario Moon

PHI gets the outside shooting they desperately need, and opens up some minutes for Speights at PF.

TOR gets out from Kapono's contract with expiring and short-term deals (perhaps a draft pick thrown in as well).

BOS gets a vet rebounder and a rental of Moon, who should help as a cheap wing defender, not to mention opens up a couple of roster spots.

The trade also works if we keep POB and PHI sends TOR Donyell Marshall instead.

Reggie Evans.. We don't need another guy that can't shoot.  No thanks.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2009, 06:35:41 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Chuckle.

We really have come full circle, haven't we?
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."