Author Topic: posters who have been here under a year  (Read 15387 times)

posters who have been here under a year
« on: January 08, 2009, 07:25:41 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
in talking to a friend, i was wondering what the newer posters' impressions have been on the blog, but from a community view point.  we all know the blog has great info and sharing of ideas, but i want to know if you feel a sense of belonging, you feel ur input is respected by others, and the overall sense of community.

i have always enjoyed this place and its posters.  i want to make sure everyone has the same type of experience.

Re: posters who have been here under a year
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 07:35:09 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
also, share ur thoughts and ideas how to make the community better.  new ideas are always a good thing, imo

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 08:07:16 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Make sure you have the consensus viewpoint, or prepare to be flamed.  ;D
God bless and good night!

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 08:13:13 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Make sure you have the consensus a reasonable viewpoint, or prepare to be flamed.  ;D

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 08:14:48 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
Make sure you have the consensus a reasonable my viewpoint, or prepare to be flamed by me;D

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 08:15:59 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
I like the Blog alot, I get a feeling that Scalablob990 is always welcomed here.   :D
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 08:29:47 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
I like the Blog alot, I get a feeling that Scalablob990 is always welcomed here.   :D

Yeah, usually a cool name (i.e. something that involves "blob") and avatar or signature (I've told you I love that PJ Brown pic from the Finals) is usually all it takes for me.   ;D  We're an easy to please bunch.

Also, DL, it just occurred to me that I'm only barely outside the requisite tenure range to be in the target demographic for this thread.

I was sitting here feeling like a grizzled vet...and then realized I've only been here 13 months myself...

-sw
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 09:14:08 PM by Steve Weinman »

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 08:31:27 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Make sure you have the consensus a reasonable viewpoint, or prepare to be flamed.  ;D

Exactly.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 08:39:12 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
the thread has taken a turn and not what i had imagined when i created it, but hey, contribution is a positive thing nonetheless.

by the way, steve......ur input has made u grizzled vet, regardless of time of membership.  ur the man!

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 09:25:33 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense
I enjoy the blog very much when I am able to participate during games. Since I am in New York, it is unusual to spend any "quality time" with avid Celtics fans.

During this little slump, it is healthy to know I am not the only one ready to tear his teeth out. I have taken to calling this team the Boston Septics lately. But, I am not hopeless yet - I really do think they will turn it around and be in great shape by March or April to re-assume their dominance.
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 09:31:44 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
I enjoy the blog very much when I am able to participate during games. Since I am in New York, it is unusual to spend any "quality time" with avid Celtics fans.

During this little slump, it is healthy to know I am not the only one ready to tear his teeth out. I have taken to calling this team the Boston Septics lately. But, I am not hopeless yet - I really do think they will turn it around and be in great shape by March or April to re-assume their dominance.

another New Yorker!  Good to have ya aboard...

...and thanks for the props, DL.  The respect is certainly mutual.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 09:36:36 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
I've been a part of three different incarnations of Celtics Blog. There was the first site, which I was on in 2006, I believe, and then it moved to the last spot, which was slightly more modern, and then it was moved here a few months ago and I joined again quite recently.

The blog is definitely different. That can probably be attributed to our change in fortune as an organization. I remember A long while back on the first incarnation of Celtics blog I started a thread called "Will Gerald Green Be An Allstar?". It got 172 replies.

We've come a long way.

But yeah, we have a lot more Debbie Downers now, it seems. Even during the 18 game losing streak people weren't getting as upset as they are now. Maybe because we all wanted either Oden or Durant.

I also see a lot of pretentious posting. Things like, "Von Wafer was the 27th draft pick of the 1999 draft, not the '98. Get your facts straight, you simpleton  ::). Your ignorance offends me deeply."

I wish there was a little less of that going on. Yeah. Speaking of pretentious posting.... anybody seen Scintan lately?  ;D
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 09:43:27 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

I also see a lot of pretentious posting. Things like, "Von Wafer was the 27th draft pick of the 1999 draft, not the '98. Get your facts straight, you simpleton  ::). Your ignorance offends me deeply."

Ahem, please, if you will, we simpletons prefer to be called stupidheads.  Being PC is important too. ;)
Yup

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 09:58:07 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Hey all, Im one of the group who have been here less than a year.

I think this website is great.  Before I started posting here I had been posting on the espn boston celtics message board since 2000-2001-ish, and even though it took me a long time, Im glad I found this place.  On the espn boards there was a few select posters who would give good insight and discussion, but the majority were trolls from other teams, complete idiots looking to get a rise out of you, and people just that are just flat out disrespectful to other people just because they dont share the same ideas.  It's absurd.  I rarely if ever post there anymore.

I feel a great sense of belonging here, everyone is respectful, and when people disagree everyone is usually very tactful in their counterpoints so they dont offend (usually).  It is a great sense of community here and the tommy points on the boards are a nice friendly reward you can give to encourage rational thoughts.

From what Ive the read the articles are great, and I like that everyone can make posts of their own.

All in all, great work with the site guys, and Mods keep up the good work on the boards, I think the boundries that have been drawn for discussion are perfect.

........As far as ideas go, I can only think of one off the top of my head, and I dont know how possible it would be, but I would love to be able to post replies and start new topics on the boards from my mobile phone.  I read the discussions from my phone while Im at work all the time but cant reply until I get home to my computer.

Hope this helped.
Greg

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 12:38:30 AM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol

Same here, I live on LI. I rarely ever find Celts fans in my areas, everyones a Knicks and Laker fan, no love for Boston sports in NY.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!