Author Topic: I really really really hate Ron Artest............  (Read 5403 times)

Re: I really really really hate Ron Artest............
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2009, 06:28:34 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
as bad as artest is i would'nt insult him by putting him in the same category as bruce bowen. deliberatly putting your foot under a jumpshooter's foot is just about the most cowardly thing i've seen in por sports.after hurting players ith this he then uses it to scare shooter's into missing.bowen should have had his nose smashed broken and then punched again in the nose. dirtiest player in nba history. laimbeer was'nt even a big enough coward to pull this.

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2009, 06:59:11 PM »

Offline TrueGreen

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 22
He's a non-issue. If the refs call the all the fouls on him he'd be out of the game in a quarter. It's not an Artest problem, it's an officiating problem. But the NBA would never acknowledge that they have an officiating problem. But the NBA does have a form email they send out if you complain about officiating. One of their statements is that the officials are human (and can make mistakes). My response was could they at least be human on both ends of the court. But the NBA, in all it's wisdom, doesn't accept replies to their emails.

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2009, 07:26:19 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
as bad as artest is i would'nt insult him by putting him in the same category as bruce bowen. deliberatly putting your foot under a jumpshooter's foot is just about the most cowardly thing i've seen in por sports.after hurting players ith this he then uses it to scare shooter's into missing.bowen should have had his nose smashed broken and then punched again in the nose. dirtiest player in nba history. laimbeer was'nt even a big enough coward to pull this.

Don't agree...Artest is much more of a dirty player than Bowen...Posey and Bowen are on the same level, and artest takes it to another level imo, although he is more talented as well
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2009, 07:52:31 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
To be honest, I love Ron Artest.  I really can't wait to watch him in the playoffs...especially if he gets to match up against Kobe for 7 games.  Yeah, he is a pain in the ass, but you can tell that all of the other players really respect him (especially Pierce), because he really wants to win out there. 

Yup, this is what I was getting at with my "difference between him and Posey" post.  Not that I dislike Posey.

Nor am I defending Artest's off-the-court actions.  He's a great player and one of the toughest in the league.
God bless and good night!