Author Topic: I really really really hate Ron Artest............  (Read 5386 times)

I really really really hate Ron Artest............
« on: January 07, 2009, 11:27:39 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
i fricking hate this dude. i have to give it up to the rockets. they would be the LAST team i'd want to play if we were able to make the finals but it would kill me as a basketball fan to ever see this piece of crap win a title. the refs thru the years have turned him into a better player than he is (like dennis rodman). he's already a very good defender but the x cheap shots he throws that they let him get away with ...uggh. hate him.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 12:34:32 AM by Edgar »

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 12:26:44 AM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
i fricking hate this dude. i have to give it up to the rockets. they would be the LAST team i'd want to play if we were able to make the finals but it would kill me as a basketball fan to ever see this piece of crap win a title. the refs thru the years have turned him into a better player than he is (like dennis rodman). he's already a very good defender but the cheap shots he throws that they let him get away with ...uggh. hate him.

The only difference between him and Posey is that he punched a fan.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 12:35:26 AM by Edgar »
God bless and good night!

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 12:33:57 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
People say the same things about KG, so quite frankly I have no right to complain about Artest

edited for the thread title on
ly..(edgar)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 12:36:32 AM by Edgar »
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

Re: ron artest is such a fr!@#$%^&^&
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 12:49:40 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
i fricking hate this dude. i have to give it up to the rockets. they would be the LAST team i'd want to play if we were able to make the finals but it would kill me as a basketball fan to ever see this piece of crap win a title. the refs thru the years have turned him into a better player than he is (like dennis rodman). he's already a very good defender but the b.s. cheap shots he throws that they let him get away with ...uggh. hate him.

no way man, Artest is like a bad person, he's a scumbag. Posey played hard, sometimes cheap, and got under peoples skin, but Ron is the type of player that would try to hurt you if it would benefit his team. the way he body slammed Ray tonight, and the way he smacked PP in the face in preseason. They have similiar styles but Artest is a whole other level. I'd venture to say he's above Rodman in the cheap shot category.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxU3YXcRwV0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y72gBvGSFuk
Posey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dze-VA2QCRo
Rodman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtHs1x4-mgY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD796H08J7w
Artest

now that i've watched this.... we should sign Ron Artest as our 6th man, the second unit defenitly wouldn't lack defensive intensity, plus we're alreay known as a trash talking bully type team.

Re: I really really really hate Ron Artest............
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 12:51:24 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
...another guy that likes to get under people's skin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2HW-EpbzUk

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 10:00:22 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
danny!! that's my boy!!!   artest is a loser. but it's up to the refs not to let cheapshotting become an asset to a team.

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 10:02:30 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
regarding kg and his antics... i'll say this. next time he wants to get into it with someone forget the little guards. we got cleveland on friday. he should go at ben wallace.

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 12:07:09 AM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
regarding kg and his antics... i'll say this. next time he wants to get into it with someone forget the little guards. we got cleveland on friday. he should go at ben wallace.

uhh... Ben Wallace is what we call an "unstable individual". He gets kinda angry, kinda quickly.

Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 01:29:49 AM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
i fricking hate this dude. i have to give it up to the rockets. they would be the LAST team i'd want to play if we were able to make the finals but it would kill me as a basketball fan to ever see this piece of crap win a title. the refs thru the years have turned him into a better player than he is (like dennis rodman). he's already a very good defender but the cheap shots he throws that they let him get away with ...uggh. hate him.

on the court i agree completely....simply going off of hearsay, id say all signs point to posey being a much better person off the court, but on the court u cant really hate a guy for playing the way artest does or posey does. great defenders are often dirty...posey, artest, bowen, rodman, mj, etc.

i love posey...but he is def dirty, but i wont hate him for it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxU3YXcRwV0

Edit: didnt notice this video was already posted...my bad
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 12:08:44 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
To be honest, I love Ron Artest.  I really can't wait to watch him in the playoffs...especially if he gets to match up against Kobe for 7 games.  Yeah, he is a pain in the ass, but you can tell that all of the other players really respect him (especially Pierce), because he really wants to win out there. 

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 12:18:41 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I would LOVE Artest on our team. There is another thread out there that questions what Ray Allen's value across the NBA. As solid as Ray has been with us, I would do that trade straight-up (even though Ray makes MUCH more and we would have to match salaries). Artest may be a bit of a scumbag, but he plays basketball with so much heart- and he has the skill to back it up...

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 12:28:48 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
To be honest, I love Ron Artest.  I really can't wait to watch him in the playoffs...especially if he gets to match up against Kobe for 7 games.  Yeah, he is a pain in the ass, but you can tell that all of the other players really respect him (especially Pierce), because he really wants to win out there. 

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 12:29:31 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107

I honestly don't think Pierce likes artest and has little to no respect for him whatsoever
artests game is ugly, it honestly looks like an NFL player playing basketball, Pierce does a good job of just ignoring him, always has
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 02:11:38 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Classic love to hate em' guy.  He may be frustrating to watch, but you have to respect Ron's game. 

Houston is very dangerous, imho.  Come June it will be clear to all the talking heads that he is their best player.  Nobody is a bigger 2-way matchup problem than Ron Artest in a 7 game series.   

I got the Rockets coming out the West this year b/c of his contribution and what I think is the best D in the West.  I think Ron will give Kobe fits and outplay him over the course of a 6-7 game series.  With a healthy Yao, Lakers front court is also at a serious disadvantage.  This team is so deep that they really don't even need McGrady, fortunetely for them.

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 02:26:29 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Artest sometimes substitute playing good basketball with wwf moves to make up for getting beat on plays by quicker and better players,especially when he's playing hurt.He probably should be on the injury list for weeks but they have been alternating him and T-Mac for awhile.I think some ref's will let him get away with more than others,and he pretty well got them down to a science which refs he can get over on.Is it fair,not at all,but is Lebron crab dribbing fair,or is D.Wade carrying the ball fair without any calls?Its up to the officials to make the calls.As long as these players are allowed to break the rules it will continue.