Author Topic: Trade Idea: Utah and Boston, for the sake of discussion  (Read 3607 times)

Trade Idea: Utah and Boston, for the sake of discussion
« on: January 07, 2009, 06:10:28 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Would you do this deal?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=434~2011~9&teams=2~2~26&te=&cash=

First of all, not saying i would do this, and it's not gonna happen is it. But i think it's an interesting thought, and i'll tell you why -- there one important reason why this might be key to the Cs: the ability to cover LeBron in the playoffs. I love Ray, and appreciate his toughness, but Paul is more important to this team than Ray come playofftime. Asking Paul to cover LeBron in the playoffs could mean then end of their season -- LeBron has become that good. AK-47 (if healthy) is one of the few with the agility and length to cause LBJ problems.

Korver of course adds some scoring to the bench, and situational shooting at the end of games, which would be an added plus.

I also want to add this is not about the losing of late. This is a big picture consideration. If you were GM would you pull the trigger on this? Do the Cs need a change to maintain championship make-up?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: Trade Idea: Utah and Boston, for the sake of discussion
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 06:34:48 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I would do this in a heart beat, esp. after seeing Ray not even be able to stop an unathletic Adam Morrison or a much shorter Felton in person last night.

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 06:51:23 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Tough to decide.  I've always been a huge fan of AK47's all around game and always wanted him to be a Celtic. I think he would be a huge addition.  I guess I'm not opposed to trading Ray..... I just don't know though.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 07:07:12 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i wouldnt do this deal.  ak47 is overrated, imo.  korver is a one trick pony who is a liability on defense.

id keep ray any day of the week over them

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 07:16:44 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
No, Ray deserves to finish his contract here IMO. AK47, he's a bit too....expressive. He crumbled under Sloan for an entire year, what's he gonna do when Garnett makes him and his frosted tips cry on national television. Ray Allen is by no means a 1 trick pony as we so love to label him, but Korver...well he's more of the singular shenanigan pinto.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 07:22:37 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Kirilenko's contract is just too horrible.

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 07:42:26 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
[quote

but Korver...well he's more of the singular shenanigan pinto.

/quote]

that is a singular turn of phrase ;D

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 08:07:08 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
As much as I'd like to say I'd do this deal as Korver is a great shooter and Kirilenko gives you that length and athletic defensive presence we need, Kirilenko is made of paper and is always hurt. If the guy could stay healthy he is not overrated at all. I still would have to think hard about this, but why would Utah do this?

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 08:18:25 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I think it'd be a great trade for Utah ..... I think it's a very poor deal for Boston.

I don't like AK47 when he's forced to play at small forward, it makes him a mediocre player (30mpg type mediocre). Put Andrei in a team where he's able to play power forward and roam around the rim defensively, and then attack slower big men offensively with his multitude of skills, and I have interest in him ... although not at that contract price.

Korver is a solid player.

I'd love to see Utah trot out Deron Williams, Ray Allen, Ronnie Brewer, Carlos Boozer and Memo Okur. That would be a mighty dangerous team. Millsap and a couple of young backup big men, good backup point guards, still have Harpring and Miles on the wing. Nice squad.

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 09:37:48 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
That's an intriguing deal but Utah would have to throw us a first rounder for it to be fair.
I was looking at the Trade Machine with Utah and Boston and I came up with something else.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=9~1703~306&teams=26~2~2&te=&cash=
Ray for Boozer and Harpring?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 10:28:30 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Nope, as disappointed as I may be with the C's play lately, this isn't the answer. Ray seems to be the easy target for the recent Celtics woes, as far as trade proposals are concerned. Ray is an extremely important part of this team, the problem is the team overall. The bench needs help, and the C's can't really wait much longer, waiting for buyouts might not be an option anymore.

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 09:29:06 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
alot of fair arguements here. ray does probably deserve to end his career here, and AK is hardly.... tough. a also agree long term at the 3 he may have some problems. but my fear of how the Cs will game plan for LeBron as our boys get older and he gest better is still a major long-term issue for this team.

we need to be able to sic someone on him not named Paul Pierce who can be moderately effective. it doesn't help that right now, like KG, Ray looks pretty tired right now, both offensively and defensively.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)