Author Topic: Thoughts on Miles?  (Read 1064 times)

Thoughts on Miles?
« on: January 07, 2009, 05:58:28 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
This will probably get shot down but would anyone rather have another chance with Darius Miles over Patty O, Cassel, or Scal (through releasing)... He could give us length at the 3 and versitility to play the 4 and 5...Basically I've had it with big baby and giving this kid a chance has always been an ok gesture in my mind.

Re: Thoughts on Miles?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 06:12:04 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I wrote this in another thread but it makes sense here as well:

Memphis had all kind of incentives to keep Miles:
- they'd take Portland out of the FA market next Summer (they're one of their few competitors)
- what they'd receive from the luxury tax revenue (by sending the Blazers into tax territory) would be enough to play half of Miles' salary
- they're a bad basketball team (their record is better than what they deserve) that can use any semi-decent player

However, not even all those factors were enough to convince Wallace to keep him. Although I didn't watch Miles playing for them, what I saw in the pre-season, as I repeatedly said, was someone very, very far from being athletic enough to play pro basketball (and not only in the NBA, I'm pretty sure that the pre-season Miles wouldn't find a spot in the Portuguese domestic league, for example). Unless he improved his condition by a lot since then, I can't see him anywhere near to be a contributor for a NBA team.

Re: Thoughts on Miles?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 06:40:11 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I wanna say they just didn't want to pay him, but Im with cordobes here.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner