Author Topic: Would you rather have Jeff Green or Ray Allen? OKC Discussion  (Read 8689 times)

Re: Would you rather have Jeff Green or Ray Allen? OKC Discussion
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2009, 03:15:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I am sorry but there is NO way you can compare Jeff Green and Ray Allen.  One is a hall of famer, the other is a slightly above average second year player.  People must be getting bored???

Who cares if Allen is a hall of famer.  If someone offered you Jeff Green for John Havlicek-- right now, in 2009--would you take it?

Green is 10 years younger, 5 inches taller and makes less money.
???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Edit: Oh than Ray Allen. I thought you were saying Green was 10 years younger and 5 inches taller than Havlicek!!

Derrrr!

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2009, 03:17:23 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Am I the only one who has never been impressed by Jeff Green, wasnt excited about the chance to draft him, and didnt even understand the appeal?
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2009, 03:25:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Am I the only one who has never been impressed by Jeff Green, wasnt excited about the chance to draft him, and didnt even understand the appeal?
I saw a lot of his games while at Georgetown and thought he might be the third or fourth best player coming out that year. He was extremely impressive at Georgetown and like Pierce caught a bad rap over a bad NCAA playoff game. The overall body of his wrok in school was way way way above normal. He was the glue on that team for a couple years.

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2009, 03:37:52 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I always picked him as very posey esque. I'd still rather have Ray right now.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2009, 03:55:56 PM »

Offline orrzor

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 58
I also couldn't believe Durant was being played as a shooting guard. I thought when he came into the league he was a 3, who with enough weight training would become a 4. Sort of like a shorter KG.

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2009, 03:59:25 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Ray has a lot of All-Star appearances and a championship ring. Jeff Green has a bunch of losses. If we had Jeff Green last year we would have no championship, so I think I'll stick with Ray Smooth.

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2009, 04:16:59 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Ray Allen and its not even close...

No ring without Ray.

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2009, 04:20:09 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Yes, but the ring is a done deal.  The question is whether or not you would do the trade right now, with a championships already in hand.

Assuming Green recovers 100% from his injury, he will have a better NBA career than Durant, who is the biggest bust in last year's draft class.

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2009, 04:24:57 PM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
Jeff Green could be interesting on a running team as a Lamar Odom type power forward, but I do not see him as anything better than a decent third option.
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2009, 04:27:31 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Assuming Green recovers 100% from his injury, he will have a better NBA career than Durant, who is the biggest bust in last year's draft class.

Wow, well, we will have to agree to disagree on this one.  I don't know how Durant can be seen as a bust, based on his performance this year. 

He is averaging 23.5 points and 5.9 rebounds on and shooting 46.5% from the field and 42.5% from 3.  And he has been on fire since they made the coaching change, and stopped playing him as a SG.

The only argue I can see against him is that his team stinks...but Green is on the same team!

Anyways, I think Green is going to be a very good player (He reminds me a lot of Caron Butler), but I don't think he will ever be as good as Durant.

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2009, 04:38:40 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Brickowski is being provocative, but it's an idea with its merits. Durant is an elite scorer, but Green will potentially become the more well-rounded, 2 way player.

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2009, 04:40:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Wow, well, we will have to agree to disagree on this one.  I don't know how Durant can be seen as a bust, based on his performance this year. 

He is averaging 23.5 points and 5.9 rebounds on and shooting 46.5% from the field and 42.5% from 3.  And he has been on fire since they made the coaching change, and stopped playing him as a SG.

The only argue I can see against him is that his team stinks...but Green is on the same team!

Anyways, I think Green is going to be a very good player (He reminds me a lot of Caron Butler), but I don't think he will ever be as good as Durant.
Oh and by the way, he's 20 years old!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2009, 04:45:18 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Brickowski is being provocative, but it's an idea with its merits. Durant is an elite scorer, but Green will potentially become the more well-rounded, 2 way player.

Yes, I don't want to downplay Green at all, he is going to be an excellent player.  But Durant is on his way to being one an unstoppable scorer.  I don't think it would be a stretch to say that even a conservative projection would put him on par with 'Melo, and he has the potential to be much better (although Melo has potential to be much better too...he just doesn't seem to want to).

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2009, 04:52:31 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Durant doesn't pass and he can't defend a chair. One-dimensional.

Durant is a taller version of Alan Iverson or Corey Maggette.  Same mindset.

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2009, 05:01:42 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Looks like just about everyone was wrong about Oden being a better choice than Durant. Yeah, I know the jury is still out on Oden, but it's tough to argue with Durant's production.

And I still believe if we had won the lottery that Danny would have taken Durant.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!