Author Topic: Posey vs Kobe  (Read 5827 times)

Re: Posey vs Kobe
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 01:51:17 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
This kills me. From today's Daily Dime:

"On Tuesday, the Hornets displayed 2008 All-Stars Chris Paul and David West in all their glory. Paul wheeled and dealed for 32 points and 15 assists, with no turnovers. West matched his career high with 40 points, to go with 11 rebounds. They were missing the elements of Peja Stojakovic's marksmanship (he missed five of six 3-pointers) and Tyson Chandler's inside presence (only eight rebounds, no blocked shots). But they showed the new addition: James Posey's attitude.

Posey was guarding Bryant in the second quarter and fouled the Lakers' star early on a drive, but as Bryant continued to the hoop after the whistle blew Posey took a whack at him. That drew a technical foul from Joey Crawford. It was worth it. Posey made his point, without giving a free one to the Lakers, as Bryant missed the free throw.

"They tell the defender to stop," Posey said. "If I should stop, the offensive player should stop, as well. I wasn't allowing continuation on that.

"That's just how I play. I make my presence felt. Not just that, but throughout the course of the game. That's just how I play.""

Um, anyone remember when this was a calling card of the Cs last year? There's been alot of talk about hitting the Cs first (Outlaw, 5'6" DJ Augustin), but I though this was a good example of the swagger that seems to have left the proverbial Celtics building.

Seriously, when is Perk gonna clobber somebody out of frustration? I welcome it.

TP, Great post , I couldn't agree more!We need an enforcer and Perk is just not doing it.

you don't suppose it has anything to do with the fact that when he was doing that he was on a recored pace technical foul wise do you?  ::)

perk has clearly been told to tone it down, and his play has declined since he started trying to not give the officals anything to T him up on.

Perk's a emotinal guy  (like KG) but doesn't have the vetran "don't tech me" status that KG has. since he's stopped getting T's he's been much less into the game.

I don't need the  ::) thing. I'm perfectly aware of Perk's Ts. I'm also aware that despite the fact that he's figured out how to hit the braod side of a barn with his hook shot, Perk still has a specific and important role on this team.

I'm not pleased about being called soft by rookies and jumpshooters. I still want him to clobber someone. If you prefer, Baby can do it, or Leon, though I like the idea less that way. And I have not been one on here posting about the Cs being "thugs" or losing respect thru talk: doesn't worry me in the slightest. So my point remains the still the same.

you didn't adresses me or celtic's counter argument in your rush to point out my use of a harmless smiley face.

The entire team was doing this (playing the enforcer) and was leading the league in technical fouls.

Perk was the leading vote getter in that, and was on pace to become an every other day player due to techs. Since then, he in particular has clearly been told to tone it down, he's way more subdued out thier and hasent picked up a tech in a long stretch, but it clearly cost him the enforcer mentaility your ripping him for not having.

So, again, our counterpoint remains. you can't have it both ways. either you turn him loose and deal with the techs because he's not a superstar, or you take this "quieter" version of perk.

so my question is would you rather have once every 2 days perk and have baby/powe start the other games or have him stay on the floor?

i followed your point from the get-go, bro. like i said, deal with the techs, go back to not letting s****y teams dominate the pait.

fair enough then, but i dont think were going to get a very good seed with baby and leon starting every other game at center due to perk being auto-suspended every addtional tech.

TP for picking a side regardless.

thanks. TP to you, guy.

i agree, which was really the point of my original post here. Baby doesn't need replacing, he needs help of the 6'11" variety or larger. so bringing another idea i've thrown out a number of times -- bring in courtney sims, and let him do a little hammering of his own. heck, he might even block a shot or two.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 01:57:24 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

"On Tuesday, the Hornets displayed 2008 All-Stars Chris Paul and David West in all their glory. Paul wheeled and dealed for 32 points and 15 assists, with no turnovers. West matched his career high with 40 points, to go with 11 rebounds. They were missing the elements of Peja Stojakovic's marksmanship (he missed five of six 3-pointers) and Tyson Chandler's inside presence (only eight rebounds, no blocked shots). But they showed the new addition: James Posey's attitude.

Posey was guarding Bryant in the second quarter and fouled the Lakers' star early on a drive, but as Bryant continued to the hoop after the whistle blew Posey took a whack at him. That drew a technical foul from Joey Crawford. It was worth it. Posey made his point, without giving a free one to the Lakers, as Bryant missed the free throw.

"They tell the defender to stop," Posey said. "If I should stop, the offensive player should stop, as well. I wasn't allowing continuation on that.

"That's just how I play. I make my presence felt. Not just that, but throughout the course of the game. That's just how I play.""

Um, anyone remember when this was a calling card of the Cs last year? There's been alot of talk about hitting the Cs first (Outlaw, 5'6" DJ Augustin), but I though this was a good example of the swagger that seems to have left the proverbial Celtics building.

Seriously, when is Perk gonna clobber somebody out of frustration? I welcome it.

TP, Great post , I couldn't agree more!We need an enforcer and Perk is just not doing it.

you don't suppose it has anything to do with the fact that when he was doing that he was on a recored pace technical foul wise do you?  ::)

perk has clearly been told to tone it down, and his play has declined since he started trying to not give the officals anything to T him up on.

Perk's a emotinal guy  (like KG) but doesn't have the vetran "don't tech me" status that KG has. since he's stopped getting T's he's been much less into the game.

I don't need the  ::) thing. I'm perfectly aware of Perk's Ts. I'm also aware that despite the fact that he's figured out how to hit the braod side of a barn with his hook shot, Perk still has a specific and important role on this team.

I'm not pleased about being called soft by rookies and jumpshooters. I still want him to clobber someone. If you prefer, Baby can do it, or Leon, though I like the idea less that way. And I have not been one on here posting about the Cs being "thugs" or losing respect thru talk: doesn't worry me in the slightest. So my point remains the still the same.

you didn't adresses me or celtic's counter argument in your rush to point out my use of a harmless smiley face.

The entire team was doing this (playing the enforcer) and was leading the league in technical fouls.

Perk was the leading vote getter in that, and was on pace to become an every other day player due to techs. Since then, he in particular has clearly been told to tone it down, he's way more subdued out thier and hasent picked up a tech in a long stretch, but it clearly cost him the enforcer mentaility your ripping him for not having.

So, again, our counterpoint remains. you can't have it both ways. either you turn him loose and deal with the techs because he's not a superstar, or you take this "quieter" version of perk.

so my question is would you rather have once every 2 days perk and have baby/powe start the other games or have him stay on the floor?

i followed your point from the get-go, bro. like i said, deal with the techs, go back to not letting s****y teams dominate the pait.

fair enough then, but i dont think were going to get a very good seed with baby and leon starting every other game at center due to perk being auto-suspended every addtional tech.

thanks. TP to you, guy.

i agree, which was really the point of my original post here. Baby doesn't need replacing, he needs help of the 6'11" variety or larger. so bringing another idea i've thrown out a number of times -- bring in courtney sims, and let him do a little hammering of his own. heck, he might even block a shot or two.

If we could go back to the offseason, i wish danny had signed the birdman. Kid is playing some good hustle minutes for the nuggets.

I'd take him over POB anyday.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 02:11:43 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

thanks. TP to you, guy.

If we could go back to the offseason, i wish danny had signed the birdman. Kid is playing some good hustle minutes for the nuggets.

I'd take him over POB anyday.

again, totally agree. he seemed such an obvious fit in the off-season. he only needed to bounce around 15 mins a game.

i've tossed around an idea to get him but denver has no reason to trade him.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)