Poll

Which of these guys will lose their job? Not should, but will.

Sam Cassell
10 (50%)
Gabe Pruitt
0 (0%)
Bill Walker
1 (5%)
Patrick O'Bryant
9 (45%)
JR Giddens
0 (0%)
Eddie House
0 (0%)
Brian Scalabrine
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: So we all want to add someone..who do we cut?  (Read 3255 times)

So we all want to add someone..who do we cut?
« on: January 07, 2009, 11:49:36 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Sam Cassell: Hasn't played a game this season, but Doc has shot down every rumor about him changing his role. Cassell has said without a doubt that he'll be coaching soon, and Doc has said Sam pretty much is a defacto coach now. He's got a lot of pride though, and if he didn't think he could still play, he wouldn't.

Gabe Pruitt: Young guy, played decent lately, but pretty unproven. If/When Sam gets to play he will probably lose many/all of his opportunities.

Eddie House: I just love this guy. If he gets cut I will buy a discount jersey and wear it until Danny retires. Well if he gets cut THIS season anyway. He won't get cut though.

Bill Walker: He's expendable this season, but I think he's the most promising of our prospects. If we don't want to be basement dwellers come 2012, this is exactly the type of guy we hold on to, with no 1st this season, and no 1st in 2010 (I think), we need to make some second round picks work out as legit starters down the road. This guy is our most promising prospect in my mind. He's also on the real cheap for like 4 years.

POB: He's been less than good. I don't believe in him, some do. We need length though, and if we add length, this is my number one chopping block man.

JR Giddens: He's like Bill Walker 2 to me. Pretty promising, too early to tell. I'd rather not get rid of him, but I wouldn't be heartbroken.

Brian Scalabrine: Everyone has different thoughts on this guy, but the fact is his contract runs through 2010 and he'd be a nice expiring contract next spring.

Thoughts?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: So we all want to add someone..who do we cut?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 11:51:06 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
POB.  He has done nothing but be tall. 

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 11:51:24 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 11:52:17 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

/nodheadvirgirously
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 12:01:55 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Unless we are signing Marbury (in which case, I think Cassell would not be needed), I agree.  Perhaps he will be a decent player some day, but it is clear that is not likely to happen this year.

I also am hoping that someone takes a liking to Giddens in the showcase, and gives up a first rounder for him.

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 12:03:06 PM »

Offline Vineet

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 22
POB plays soft on offense and defense.  He doesn't appear to have the toughness that the other players have. Therefore he can't play on this team.

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 12:03:54 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Hard to choose between Scali and Cassell

Why is Sam I am still on our bench...at least play him for a game and see if he can still even make it up and down the court? If not, send him away.

I know Scali tries really, really hard on the court but every time I see him out there, I reach for a bottle of tums and feel like the world is coming to an end(or at least the Celtics are about to blow a 30 point lead!). When he throws up one of those patented air balls, I cringe. Did you ever notice nobody even stands within 10 feet of him on defense and he guarantees someone else on our team will have a double team.

Can we package them both for a 10 dollar discount on our nba season pass?

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 12:04:50 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

Unless we are signing Marbury (in which case, I think Cassell would not be needed), I agree.  Perhaps he will be a decent player some day, but it is clear that is not likely to happen this year.

I also am hoping that someone takes a liking to Giddens in the showcase, and gives up a first rounder for him.

Im hoping danny brings walker back with him, he certainly is out to impress the boss, you see his recap last night?

All that, and he slammed his head on the backboard trying to block a shot. Think he wants the boss to notice his defensive work ethic?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 12:09:03 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I think its time to revive the Bill Walker hype club.

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 12:22:13 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Bill Walker last night (FTR): 10-12 FG's, 5-5 FT's, 1-1 3's, 26 pts, 7 rbs, 3ast, 3 stl, 3 PF's, 4 TO's.

Not bad.

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 12:23:25 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Why is Sam I am still on our bench...at least play him for a game and see if he can still even make it up and down the court? If not, send him away.

I know Scali tries really, really hard on the court but every time I see him out there, I reach for a bottle of tums and feel like the world is coming to an end(or at least the Celtics are about to blow a 30 point lead!). When he throws up one of those patented air balls, I cringe. Did you ever notice nobody even stands within 10 feet of him on defense and he guarantees someone else on our team will have a double team.

Scal is not being cut.  Not only is he one of our only tradable contracts, but he also is still an important part of the team...even if we would prefer an upgrade.

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 12:25:44 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

Scal is not being cut.  Not only is he one of our only tradable contracts, but he also is still an important part of the team...even if we would prefer an upgrade.

yea, no way scal gets cut. his contract is to valuable.

plus he lets drunken slightly racist younger fans at the game chant and pretend its not because he's the only white guy.

(disclaimer: just my personal read on the small section of the crowd that delights in the chant)

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 12:32:59 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
to me this is simple. cut cassell with the understanding he becomes an asst coach. if we need him later in the year (but before 3/1 when he'd become playoff ineligable), you re-sign him -- 10 day, rest of the year, whatever.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 12:38:04 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Scal is our only real sf bench guy and he's a contract.
Sam is my vote, had a great career but his guile is the only thing that pruitt isn't better at (sorry and posting up)

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 12:42:48 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I know Scal will not be cut, but don't destroy my dream of having a better option that replaces his playing time!

I guess if I had to choose it would be bye bye Sam