Author Topic: New Angle  (Read 1387 times)

New Angle
« on: January 07, 2009, 09:59:52 AM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
Has this team stopped listening to Doc?
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

Re: New Angle
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 10:11:25 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
No.

playing devils advocate, considering that the biggest part of our losses is a complete lack of defenseive effort, and Anti-Doc posters are quick to point out thats tommy Tibs area and doc shouldnt get credit for it, shouldn't this question be:

"have the celtics stop listining to tibs?"

to be fair?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 10:20:53 AM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
Interesting take, but I think the problem was on the other side of the ball - stagnant ball movement, turnovers, and poor shooting. All of that individual effort going into the offense leads to tired players on the other end.

but to your point:
captain Paul Pierce said. "The way we play defense, if one person messes up, the whole thing goes."
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 10:25:06 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

but to your point:
captain Paul Pierce said. "The way we play defense, if one person messes up, the whole thing goes."

So what? Kg was qouted as saying the were sloppy on offense and needed to limit turnovers. Does that lip service to poor offensive execution disprove you theory as much as paul playing lip service to defense does mine?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 10:33:40 AM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum

but to your point:

So what? Kg was qouted as saying the were sloppy on offense and needed to limit turnovers. Does that lip service to poor offensive execution disprove you theory as much as paul playing lip service to defense does mine?
I offerred that quote in support of your theory. One could read Pierce's comments as disparaging to a system that completely breaksdown is one person messes up.

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 10:37:45 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

but to your point:

I offerred that quote in support of your theory. One could read Pierce's comments as disparaging to a system that completely breaksdown is one person messes up.

ohhh i see, i thought you were saying he was repeating Tibs mantra and that showed he was still on board.

Regardless, TP for the idea, but i don't think not listining is the problem. I think fatuige, boredom, and overall lack of exectuion is the problem.

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 11:14:51 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Good question, but I have no idea...it seems like it, huh? Am I the only one noticing the panic written all over docs face? including when were were up 10+ points to teams like the warriots, blazers, and knicks?
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 11:45:15 AM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
I don't think Doc has lost the team. 

We need to get back to basics which mostly means; start defending and cut back on TOs

This whole thing is probably a lack of focus, which should return as soon as we play a really tough team....Houston will probably get everyone's attention.  If not Houston, then the Cavs and their perfect home record should do it.