Author Topic: Joakim Noah on the trading block? C's should go after him!  (Read 8522 times)

Re: Joakim Noah on the trading block? C's should go after him!
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 10:20:04 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
these threads crack me up...

"hey, i traded this guy in my video game so danny should be able to do it too..."

sorry, reality doesn't quite work that way...the celtics have NO assets to offer anyone outside of rondo and powe and neither of those 2 are going anywhere. 

I am pretty sure TA, powe and maybe a 2nd round pick could get it done . I think I would do it too. If you think about it we could lose Powe next year without getting anything in return.  Chances are Powe gets offered a 5-7 mil a year deal by a team looking for a PF with potential, so why not trade him now for a guy who is signed for an extra year?

Agreed.  We do have something to offer.  Might not be much, but we do have something that some teams might want.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 10:21:53 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

"hey, i traded this guy in my video game so danny should be able to do it too..."

sorry, reality doesn't quite work that way...the celtics have NO assets to offer anyone outside of rondo and powe and neither of those 2 are going anywhere. 

I am pretty sure TA, powe and maybe a 2nd round pick could get it done . I think I would do it too. If you think about it we could lose Powe next year without getting anything in return.  Chances are Powe gets offered a 5-7 mil a year deal by a team looking for a PF with potential, so why not trade him now for a guy who is signed for an extra year?

So Andy, your saying that gabe might not follow the meteroic ability rise he's had in my nba2k9 game to replace ray allen as one of the top SG's in the league in 3 years? blasphemy!  ;D

there is no way that powe gets a 7 million per deal next year. he MIGHT snif 5, which the celtics will match without hesitation.

Who's going to pay 7 million per for a non-shooting PF who is to short to start but is good off the bench?

I love leon, but 5-7 a year?  8)
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 10:26:33 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

So Andy, your saying that gabe might not follow the meteroic ability rise he's had in my nba2k9 game to replace ray allen as one of the top SG's in the league in 3 years? blasphemy!  ;D

there is no way that powe gets a 7 million per deal next year. he MIGHT snif 5, which the celtics will match without hesitation.

Who's going to pay 7 million per for a non-shooting PF who is to short to start but is good off the bench?

I love leon, but 5-7 a year?  8)

there are so many players that are overpaid

Kenny Thomas 7 mil a year
Darko Milicic 7 mil a year
Mark Blount 7 mil a year

I could go on and on . Some desperate team will offer him a decent sized contract .

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 10:44:28 AM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
I don't think I'd trade Giddens for Noah straight up (if that were possible) nevermind involve BBD or TA. Noah doesn't do anything good, period. Ever see him play? He can't shoot, too skinny to defend, no post game & hes just flat out bad, realllllllly bad! Hes like the Tim Tebow of basketball, yeah he did good in college but the attributes that made him good do not in any way, shape or fashion translate to the NBA.

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2009, 10:46:19 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I'd offer TA for Noah and walk away from the table (which they would also do).  The attitude problems are just not what this team needs right now...at least from a marginal player.

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2009, 10:52:28 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I'd offer TA, BBD, and 09 2nd round pick.

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2009, 10:55:16 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I'd offer TA for Noah and walk away from the table (which they would also do).  The attitude problems are just not what this team needs right now...at least from a marginal player.

I think you are overstating Noah's attitude problems. If Noah was playing for a championship, in my opinion, the attitude problem would be negligible.

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2009, 10:56:04 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

So Andy, your saying that gabe might not follow the meteroic ability rise he's had in my nba2k9 game to replace ray allen as one of the top SG's in the league in 3 years? blasphemy!  ;D

I love leon, but 5-7 a year?  8)

there are so many players that are overpaid

Kenny Thomas 7 mil a year
Darko Milicic 7 mil a year
Mark Blount 7 mil a year

I could go on and on . Some desperate team will offer him a decent sized contract .

all those guys arent equivilnt.

Kenny had a great contract year and got overpaid, so did blount. leon is no where near what they did in thier phantom year. Darko was the first pick in the draft.

Trust me, outside of us in celtics nation, no one thinks leon is worth 7 million dollars a year.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2009, 10:58:45 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

I think you are overstating Noah's attitude problems. If Noah was playing for a championship, in my opinion, the attitude problem would be negligible.

Its absolutely a possibility.  But I just don't know if he is talented enough to make it worth giving up rotation players (other than Allen) to take that risk.

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2009, 11:00:15 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I'd be willing to give up any of the bench players for Joakim Noah. I think he'd be an excellent first big off the bench for this team.

Edit: I might be unwilling to give up more than two of the rotation players off the bench though. Hard to replace guys at this stage in the season.

That said, Chicago will get better offers for Noah from elsewhere. I see no chance of a Boston-Noah deal being done while keeping the starting five in tact here.

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2009, 11:25:59 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
Tommy Points should be issued to everybody for not including Scal in your trade proposals.....There's hope.

Noah isn't a candidate for us for the same reason Marbury isn't.  Noah seems like a poor-man's Rodman-type head case.  Danny spent all this time idiot-proofing the roster and idiot (Rivers)proofing the coaching staff.  He's not going to bring idiots and head cases in after doing all of that.

This, IMHO is a simple case of the team hiring a coach with absolutely no experience or credibility.  Del Negro surrounded himself with longtime head coaches.  During timeouts it looks like Harris is the head coach.  Hughes has no history of problems with coaches.  This team looks like the only direction it gets is from it's rookie PG.  When they gutted the team they should have kept Skiles.  His act wears on players.  But most of the players who played for him were no longer there.  He was a perfect coach for Rose.

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2009, 11:30:10 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
i know my opinion probably doesn't matter much, but if you go through the archives BEFORE the draft, i stated that Noah was a flake and that teams would be wise to stay away.

I live in Florida and regularly watch the Gators play...i had concerns about him regarding his attitude and work ethic then and i got beat up a bit for that.  well, i think my concerns have played out to some degree.

Noah reminds me of Ed Pinckney, except eddie wasn't so goofy...but the same lack of fire i saw for years in pinckney i now see in Noah.  i advise to stay away...

we have a special player in leon powe...you guys are too quick to want to get rid of him.  powe's a better player when he has a legitimate big man next to him.  i'd advise doc to start playing powe next to garnett more instead of big baby...it's foolish to put powe next to a guy smaller (in height) than him.  with a shot blocker next to powe he becomes that much better of a player.

but if you traded powe for noah i GUARANTEE you guys would later start threads regretting that deal.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2009, 01:24:26 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
Tommy Points should be issued to everybody for not including Scal in your trade proposals.....There's hope.

Noah isn't a candidate for us for the same reason Marbury isn't.  Noah seems like a poor-man's Rodman-type head case.  Danny spent all this time idiot-proofing the roster and idiot (Rivers)proofing the coaching staff.  He's not going to bring idiots and head cases in after doing all of that.

This, IMHO is a simple case of the team hiring a coach with absolutely no experience or credibility.  Del Negro surrounded himself with longtime head coaches.  During timeouts it looks like Harris is the head coach.  Hughes has no history of problems with coaches.  This team looks like the only direction it gets is from it's rookie PG.  When they gutted the team they should have kept Skiles.  His act wears on players.  But most of the players who played for him were no longer there.  He was a perfect coach for Rose.

Or they should have paid the extra money for D'Antoni.  Yeah, they would probably never win a championship with him, but it would be a pleasure for any NBA fan to be able to watch Rose running his offense...and it would likely have turned Deng into a superstar. 

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2009, 01:59:48 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

Noah isn't a candidate for us for the same reason Marbury isn't.  Noah seems like a poor-man's Rodman-type head case.  Danny spent all this time idiot-proofing the roster and idiot (Rivers)proofing the coaching staff.  He's not going to bring idiots and head cases in after doing all of that.

This, IMHO is a simple case of the team hiring a coach with absolutely no experience or credibility.  Del Negro surrounded himself with longtime head coaches.  During timeouts it looks like Harris is the head coach.  Hughes has no history of problems with coaches.  This team looks like the only direction it gets is from it's rookie PG.  When they gutted the team they should have kept Skiles.  His act wears on players.  But most of the players who played for him were no longer there.  He was a perfect coach for Rose.

Or they should have paid the extra money for D'Antoni.  Yeah, they would probably never win a championship with him, but it would be a pleasure for any NBA fan to be able to watch Rose running his offense...and it would likely have turned Deng into a superstar. 

Absolutely, Chris.  I forgot about them chasing D'Antoni.  With Thomas, Noah, Deng, Gordon, Heinrich, Nocioni, and Gordon,  D'Antoni would have a killer team and an instant superstar in Rose.  And one amazingly fun team to watch.

Just looking at what D'Antoni has done in NY with pieces which don't fit his style...and not enough of them.  Imagine what D'Antoni could have done with those young athletic players in Chicago.

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2009, 03:30:51 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

Absolutely, Chris.  I forgot about them chasing D'Antoni.  With Thomas, Noah, Deng, Gordon, Heinrich, Nocioni, and Gordon,  D'Antoni would have a killer team and an instant superstar in Rose.  And one amazingly fun team to watch.

Just looking at what D'Antoni has done in NY with pieces which don't fit his style...and not enough of them.  Imagine what D'Antoni could have done with those young athletic players in Chicago.

Just imagine the overly inflated contract it would have earned Tyrus Thomas for some other poor team that would then realize he is actually pretty horrible.

That alone is reason to hate the Bulls.