Author Topic: Walker and giddens would be such a big help for the near future  (Read 2325 times)

Walker and giddens would be such a big help for the near future
« on: January 07, 2009, 12:20:22 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
They are excelling in the dleague(consistant), they are excellent rookies but the knock is that we have no space and they just don't understand the complicated celtics system yet.

Your 2nd unit should not come in to try to survive until the starters get some rest.

right now our second unit most of the time is praying the starters can come in before they mess things up again.

Patrick obryant was the stupidest desperate signing by danny in addition to scal. They both need to be let go. In addition doc has to chill on teaching the young guys a lesson and let walker and giddens play, make mistakes and learn on the court. (look at dj agustin, he is playing like a vet after mistakes he went through on his own)

If giddens and walker gave you even 6 points a piece in addition to not making much mistakes that would make it easier on everyone.

We are losing right now and its frustrating and ridioulus, for me if we had giddens or walker or both come in , play make mistakes and we lose i'd be happy because eventually we would such a stronger team than now.

Re: Walker and giddens would be such a big help for the near future
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 12:36:55 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Anything is better than Tony Allen at this point. We really need a trade, but for now I would def. just flip a coin and bring up one of Walker or Giddens.

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 12:40:57 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Tony allen has been decent but ever since his injury he hasn't been quite the same. And without that explosiveness teams are daring him to shoot which he can't do with confidence.

Giddens and walker can make the midrange day and night.

With the makeup of our team right now(only have two pure shooters), we really need other guys who can make shots and play defense

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 12:41:21 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
The problem with the D-league is it gives them playing time but they don't get to learn the Celtics schemes down there. If they get called up I doubt Doc will give them meaningful minutes anyway.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 12:45:31 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Bill Walker is a spark plug, he's the guy that when the celtics get punched, he's gonna punch back, he's gonna go out and be aggressive and give huge breakaway dunks, steals, blocks, offensive rebounds... and thats what i think the celtics need right now. TA is a spark plug too but his performance is all based of his first shot, if he misses he gets down on himself, if he goes to the basket and doesn't get the call, he gets all flustered and distracted from his game. Plus TA appears that he has a nagging ankle injury.

Bill Walker:

this shows his game really well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K09krOegG4

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 12:54:37 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
now that i watch my own post i realize that he has a Leon Powe like ability to get the contact, stay in the air, and get the shot to fall despite the foul.

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 01:08:02 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald

this is what our 2nd unit should look like right now. (both becuase of TA's fallout, and his injury)

note: i posted about defensive ratings about 2 weeks ago, at that point TA was number 9 in the league, as of now he's not in the top 20.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 01:31:25 AM by xmuscularghandix »

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 01:16:38 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
now that i watch my own post i realize that he has a Leon Powe like ability to get the contact, stay in the air, and get the shot to fall despite the foul.

True and from what I can tell like Powe his knee surgeries really don't seem to have affected his game. Great video. Thanks for posting.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 01:32:03 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald

True and from what I can tell like Powe his knee surgeries really don't seem to have affected his game. Great video. Thanks for posting.

thank you i've found a bunch of really good ones that actually show his basketball skill. not just "whoa look at that dunk"

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 07:11:14 AM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117

Powe's knee surgeries had a major impact on his game, but he has been playing with them long enough to adapt. At one time he was an explosive leaper and finisher.
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 07:14:43 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald

Powe's knee surgeries had a major impact on his game, but he has been playing with them long enough to adapt. At one time he was an explosive leaper and finisher.

i think he meant that it didn't affect him to the point that he lost his career over it. but either way Leon is still the man.

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 08:40:55 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

this is what our 2nd unit should look like right now. (both becuase of TA's fallout, and his injury)

note: i posted about defensive ratings about 2 weeks ago, at that point TA was number 9 in the league, as of now he's not in the top 20.

Interesting that Walker is covering the future PG of our second unit in that picture.  Coincidence?

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 08:46:10 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
They're not very good player as of now.

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 09:32:13 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald

Interesting that Walker is covering the future PG of our second unit in that picture.  Coincidence?

100% the reason why i used THAT picture.