Author Topic: Is Kevin Garnett getting let off the hook here?  (Read 5560 times)

Re: Is Kevin Garnett getting let off the hook here?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 06:02:56 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Everyone's been pretty poor lately.

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 07:23:50 AM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
As others have pointed out, KG is a little knicked up right now.

Did anyone see what a hard time he had getting up last night after wresting with Matt Carroll for a loose ball? Doc needs to give him a week off, but I doubt KG would sit.
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 08:14:12 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
He without a doubt has an injury to calf or knee.  You can see when he runs its stiff and he doesn't have full flexibility range.  His quickness is affected which means defense his standout (and he does so much for team) is noticable.

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 08:18:36 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
In todays newspapers, Perk said they were not communicating on defense.  KG then blamed himself... and I have to agree with KG.  He has been getting lit up in the paint.  Maybe it's injuries or fatigue.  Whatever the reason, KG is not getting it done defensively.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2009, 08:22:19 AM »

Offline bowlingwarnie

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
wasn't it about this time last year the ticket had his 'little rest' (injury/recharge) anyway... might do the big fellah some good and get Powe going as well???
why Johnny Ringo...
You look like somebody just walked over your grave

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2009, 09:32:30 AM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
They keep talking about the defense but I think they're missing something.  They can't score when they need to in crunch time.  They either win big or lose close games now.  They can't even win close ones against garbage teams.  They stopped the Cats three straight times last night but couldn't score on the other end to make up for it. 

KG is partially to blame for this.  While he might have a bum leg, he's still 7 feet tall and should have owned Diaw down low.  The only post up I remember him taking deep into the paint was in the switch against Wallace.  Nice easy jump hook.  He could have done that to Diaw all night.

They're definitely playing to the level of competition.  I would be really surprised if they don't pick it up against Houston or Cleveland.

I am starting to get a little worried about this team though.  It's good for Celticsblog though!  I haven't had much to complain about for a long time!

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2009, 10:33:51 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Everyone's been pretty poor lately.

Except the captain.  I'd say Paul has actually picked up his play of late with his scoring and FG% going up.  He hit some big shots last night to keep us in the game.  We need Rondo to play on the road as he plays at home and yes I agree KG needs some rest.  I looked at the schedule earlier after the Cleveland and Toronto back to back there is a little break in the schedule/traveling so then it might be a good time for our vets especially KG to get some rest.

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2009, 10:38:45 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Simple answer to the thread question:  Yes.

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2009, 10:41:17 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
The only negative to giving KG a week off, is it than takes about another week for him to get back in game shape...this guy fatigues as quickly and dramatically as anyone in the league...
the bottom line is he is not carrying his weight, and hes the furthest from doing such, injuries arent an excuse, Pierce is injured too, pierce came up hobbling in NY as well
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2009, 06:03:36 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
after watching last night i predict a fake kg injury(not that he is'nt minorly knicked up). it really looks to me like a lot of guys are just tired. especially kg though. maybe he is declining a bit but i don't think there would be that drastic a drop off yet. it' tough for the c's. they may have to risk falling to the 3rd and even 4th seed if they sit kg too long. then ofcourse,p2 and ray are handling too much. arrgh. lat year we could get away with sitting him and not paying for it. i think there are too many teams that have improved to not expect a tough record without kg.