Author Topic: A couple of more loses to bad teams and big changes has to occur  (Read 4009 times)

Re: A couple of more loses to bad teams and big changes has to occur
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 10:27:06 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Its all over! Time for me to switch to hockey. Let's see:

"J'aime les Canadiens du Montreal."
"Aller Habs Aller"

;D ;D ;D

Re: A couple of more loses and a big change has to occur
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 10:29:01 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
we need two things, imo:

1.  a defensive minded big who can rebound and get some garbage points.

2.  a scorer who is able to create his own shot.

With our cap situation, I think the only way to get this is to trade 1 of the big 3.  :-X

no, guys will be bought out.

hes not talking about allstars, those are really two easy one dimensional things to grab. (and they are needed)

I can see the first but not the second.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

Re: A couple of more loses and a big change has to occur
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 10:33:05 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
we need two things, imo:

1.  a defensive minded big who can rebound and get some garbage points.

2.  a scorer who is able to create his own shot.

With our cap situation, I think the only way to get this is to trade 1 of the big 3.  :-X

no, guys will be bought out.

hes not talking about allstars, those are really two easy one dimensional things to grab. (and they are needed)

I can see the first but not the second.

Number 2 is Starbury.

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 10:41:09 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
I just can't get too concerned with road losses because I still remember how losing to Detroit at home magically cured their postseason road woes. I'm  more concerned with their play on the road against the top Eastern conference teams. In playoffs they'll always have homecourt over lower seeds so if they have to suck for 7 games so be it. Winning in Cleveland is what they should be concerned about.  
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 11:11:07 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
It has to because watching the celtics play lately i think the team chemistry has gone sour and a couple of more losses(like 3 or 4 in 6 games) and it could be to the point of no return.

Ray allen for example has been playing horrible. His defense is lackluster and doesn't fight through screens. (its just bs effort)

In addition yeah the bench is ill equipped but we still beat teams like knicks, gs and cats(horrible game even if we win) with ease using hard work.

I'm willing to take some verbal abuse from ray allen fanatics , but i think while he is still considered deadly and having one of his better years we should look into trading him for a starter and that bench guy we need.

Another choice would be to get another proper coach who has come guts
Forget the whole winning an NBA title thing, the 29-7 record, and the importance of Ray Allen to this team. We've lost 5 out of 7 games, so none of that matters anyomore. Get that bum out of here!!!!!!!

Think before you type. You don't actually want to trade Ray Allen, do you? If you want people on here to respect your opinions, you cannot make comments like this one. This is an overreaction to a losing streak. Teams don't trade players away because of a few bad performances, and they don't blow up teams (especially defending champion teams) because of a losing streak.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 11:17:59 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Its all over! Time for me to switch to hockey. Let's see:

"J'aime les Canadiens du Montreal."
"Aller Habs Aller"

;D ;D ;D

je déteste les habitants!

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 11:58:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
It has to because watching the celtics play lately i think the team chemistry has gone sour and a couple of more losses(like 3 or 4 in 6 games) and it could be to the point of no return.

Ray allen for example has been playing horrible. His defense is lackluster and doesn't fight through screens. (its just bs effort)

In addition yeah the bench is ill equipped but we still beat teams like knicks, gs and cats(horrible game even if we win) with ease using hard work.

I'm willing to take some verbal abuse from ray allen fanatics , but i think while he is still considered deadly and having one of his better years we should look into trading him for a starter and that bench guy we need.

Another choice would be to get another proper coach who has come guts
Forget the whole winning an NBA title thing, the 29-7 record, and the importance of Ray Allen to this team. We've lost 5 out of 7 games, so none of that matters anyomore. Get that bum out of here!!!!!!!

Think before you type. You don't actually want to trade Ray Allen, do you? If you want people on here to respect your opinions, you cannot make comments like this one. This is an overreaction to a losing streak. Teams don't trade players away because of a few bad performances, and they don't blow up teams (especially defending champion teams) because of a losing streak.

do i care about your respect? haha whatever dude

Attack the thought not me, understand how forums work my friend

By the way i say like i see it, ray allen is losing his composure. Taking crappy shots and playing bad defense. Its beyond what ray allen, kg or pierce can do at this point. Our bench is in the wrecks and hoping to sign marbury or joe smith is naive. Ray allen is not the sole guy to point to finger at but the end thought is that the team we have now and i doubt we can add any other significant resources is not repeating. (thats what its all about and nothign else)

It doesn't matter if we win another 10 games in a row again, we just got to get real.

Say if we traded ray allen to dallas and got josh howard and jerry stackhouse how much more balanced our team would be right now. It would be foolish not to explore that thought at the least

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2009, 12:01:30 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
OK, let's keep it civil here.  Argue your point, and leave the personal stuff out of it.