Author Topic: Nazr Mohammed  (Read 5848 times)

Nazr Mohammed
« on: January 06, 2009, 02:18:45 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I'll be keeping an eye on him tonight. I don't know what his situation in Charlotte is like, but I imagine he's someone we could acquire in a trade.

Scal, POB, and Sam Cassell, plus a future 2nd rounder works for him.

Scal needs to be included for salary purposes, obviously, but he'd also provide them with some veteran help at the 3/4. Cassell would immediately announce his retirement, and return to the Celtics as a member of the coaching staff.

Charlotte gets out from Mohammed's contract (Scal's is one year shorter, resulting in a cap saving of $6.8 million for 2010/11), gets a cheap prospect in POB, and picks up a future pick for the trouble.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Re: Nazr Mohammed
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 02:42:29 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Mohammed isn't good enough to warrant a package like that.  I don't know if I would even give Scal up for him straight up.  His contract is horrendous, and he is a pretty terrible player.

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 02:47:12 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
Mohammed isn't good enough to warrant a package like that.  I don't know if I would even give Scal up for him straight up.  His contract is horrendous, and he is a pretty terrible player.

I have to confess, I haven't seen much of his play of late. Has he really deteriorated that much?

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 02:51:22 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

I have to confess, I haven't seen much of his play of late. Has he really deteriorated that much?

Well, he never was very good in the first place, but I think the fact that he is averaging less than 10 minutes, 3 points and 2 rebounds, for the Bobcats who are really lacking in size, should show you how little he has to give.

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 02:52:27 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Interesting, the Celtics trade a guy that doesn't play, a guy that doesn't have the talent to play, and a guy that doesn't have the drive to play AND a second rounder for an overpriced guy that can play a little!?!?!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 03:32:10 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 03:10:33 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

Well, he never was very good in the first place, but I think the fact that he is averaging less than 10 minutes, 3 points and 2 rebounds, for the Bobcats who are really lacking in size, should show you how little he has to give.

Well, I wondered how much of that could be chalked up to Larry Brown. I figured he just doesn't consider Mohammed one of his guys, for whatever reason.

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 03:14:33 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

Well, I wondered how much of that could be chalked up to Larry Brown. I figured he just doesn't consider Mohammed one of his guys, for whatever reason.

Its a possibility.  And If he was a FA coming in on a minimum contract, it would be worth a shot.  But we would be giving up a borderline rotation player in Scal...and the money is just way too much for a risk like that.

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 03:19:53 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

Its a possibility.  And If he was a FA coming in on a minimum contract, it would be worth a shot.  But we would be giving up a borderline rotation player in Scal...and the money is just way too much for a risk like that.

Yeah, I hear you. And this wasn't suggested as a means of running Scal out of town; I agree that his contributions to the team are seriously underrated.

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 03:36:39 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Stay away.  Every defensive minded coach and team find ways not to play him.

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 03:42:24 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
What about Mikii Moore?

Boston trades
Tony Allen, Brian Scalabrine, 09 2nd round if needed.

Sacramento trades
Mikki Moore

We get room for Marbury or Joe Smith, and a hustling athletic back up C. Why sacramento does it I don't know :P

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 04:00:54 PM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
 No thanks. The guys been playing forever and never really been any good.
And if Mikii Moore's career lasts five or six more years, he'll have played on every NBA team before he retires. Having said that, I'd take him.

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 04:07:16 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
What about Mikii Moore?

Boston trades
Tony Allen, Brian Scalabrine, 09 2nd round if needed.

Sacramento trades
Mikki Moore

We get room for Marbury or Joe Smith, and a hustling athletic back up C. Why sacramento does it I don't know :P

Yeah, his name was another I was thinking of. His contract ends when Scal's does, so there's no cap savings here to entice Sacto. A slight payroll reduction, they can kick the tires on TA, and a 2nd rounder is all they get out of it.

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 04:32:46 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Well, it seems to me that Paddy O is just as likely to block a shot from the weakside or knock down an open jumper as either of those two. 

Given our elite team defense, it would take a significant talent upgrade for me to think about a trade right now.

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 04:49:47 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Doc just needs to give Patty minutes...Why he's buried doesnt make sense. We are a 29 - 6 team how would it hurt to play a 7 footer for ten minutes a game instead of Scal or a poor big baby...Give the kid a run, let him get 10 minutes a game...who cares if he gets 6 fouls he'll probably average 7 rebounds and 4 blocks a game as well

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 05:01:43 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
Doc just needs to give Patty minutes...Why he's buried doesnt make sense. We are a 29 - 6 team how would it hurt to play a 7 footer for ten minutes a game instead of Scal or a poor big baby...Give the kid a run, let him get 10 minutes a game...who cares if he gets 6 fouls he'll probably average 7 rebounds and 4 blocks a game as well

What could it hurt to give him 10 minutes a game?  Well, the bench defense would become even more of a revolving door to the basket, and instead of just allowing teams to chip away at the lead when the bench is in, it will allow them to completely take over the game.