Author Topic: Clippers waive P Davis and F Jones  (Read 6401 times)

Re: Clippers waive P Davis and F Jones
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 01:03:14 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Paul Davis is a serviceable third string center ... but I think the C's can do better.

He's certainly not capable of beating out Glen Davis for minutes.

But can he beat out POB?

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 01:16:58 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Paul Davis is a serviceable third string center ... but I think the C's can do better.

But can he beat out POB?
Any legit NBA player can beat out O'Bryant. He's not an NBA player at this stage in his career.

I don't see Davis as a good fit for the C's though. Better to wait for a superior talent to come available ... which will happen because Davis is no great shakes himself.

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 01:23:28 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

But can he beat out POB?
Any legit NBA player can beat out O'Bryant. He's not an NBA player at this stage in his career.

I don't see Davis as a good fit for the C's though. Better to wait for a superior talent to come available ... which will happen because Davis is no great shakes himself.

I'm still thinking 10 day contracts.  I rather have someone that is a fringe NBA player on the bench for 10 days at a time then a player that is less then a fringe NBA player on the bench for most the season.

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 01:27:57 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

But can he beat out POB?

I'm still thinking 10 day contracts.  I rather have someone that is a fringe NBA player on the bench for 10 days at a time then a player that is less then a fringe NBA player on the bench for most the season.

I am starting to wonder about 10 day contracts as well...although I think it would be a waste with this team.  Unless there are injuries, there are very few guys who would sign 10 day contracts that would get anywhere close to the floor for us. 

I think this team is what it is until they can find someone who will be a legitimate 6th or 7th man.  They already have plenty of 8th-12th men.

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 01:31:13 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

But can he beat out POB?

I am starting to wonder about 10 day contracts as well...although I think it would be a waste with this team.  Unless there are injuries, there are very few guys who would sign 10 day contracts that would get anywhere close to the floor for us. 

I think this team is what it is until they can find someone who will be a legitimate 6th or 7th man.  They already have plenty of 8th-12th men.

To many 8th-12th man.  (I use the term 8th litely)

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 01:41:43 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

Yes, I don't think the team will be able to sign anyone to a 10 day contract that is an upgrade on the players that are playing - Powe, House, TA, BBD. Especially since all of these guys have had a year and a half on a championship team, know the system and their teammates well.

I wouldn't think too much on the 10 day contracts. Very unlikely to get anything from there.

I'm all for dumping O'Bryant to clear up a roster spot.

He has too much to learn before becoming a serviceable player. That simply doesn't fit in with a title winning side ... especially when other roster spots are being used on players who aren't going to contribute right away either.