Author Topic: Portland trade rumors  (Read 3972 times)

Portland trade rumors
« on: January 05, 2009, 01:47:35 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Portland has been trying for months to acquire David Lee, who will become a restricted free agent this summer. Mike D'Antoni would prefer to have Camby as his center as opposed to the shorter Lee, who has improved offensively but has struggled on the defensive end.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2009/01/04/2009-01-04_knicks_consider_trade_to_bring_back_marc.html
Instead, Outlaw's name tends to appear in the latest trade rumors floating around the NBA and this season is no different.

"I definitely hear it," Outlaw told HOOPSWORLD when asked about having his name involved in trade speculation.

"I even have people coming up to me like, 'what do you think? I like you and all but maybe that is a good trade'," the Blazers 6-9 small forward said with a smile.
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=11098

Whether it's true or not, shouldn't Ainge at least make few calls & see if something can get done? For instance Travis Outlaw could provide the much needed backup SF/PF with scoring ability.

So should Ainge call Trail Blazers front office?

Re: Portland trade rumors
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 01:49:30 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I don't see a lot that we could offer Portland.  I'd be interested in one of their backup big men -- Frye seems available, and he could help -- but I don't think we have a lot that they'd be interested in.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 01:50:43 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
I'd rather call the Knicks about Lee (not that we have much to offer)
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 01:51:31 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I don't see a lot that we could offer Portland.  I'd be interested in one of their backup big men -- Frye seems available, and he could help -- but I don't think we have a lot that they'd be interested in.

Yeah, I don't see them interested in anything we have. 

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 02:02:27 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I don't get why is Portland interested on Lee.

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 02:10:44 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!

He is a really good rebounder and low post scorer, he's a garbage man, and a better one than Powe, these kind of guys are very valuable.

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 02:37:15 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

He is a really good rebounder and low post scorer, he's a garbage man, and a better one than Powe, these kind of guys are very valuable.

He can't defend to save his life, he goes after the ball on the boards but he's lousy boxing out, he's not very good creating his own shot on the low post... he's solid on the pick'n'roll and yeah, a terrific garbage man, but if I were Pritchard I'd be looking for someone with good defense or an inside scorer good enough to make a difference.

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 03:48:34 PM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
The trade makes sense because it allows Prichard to package LaMarcus Aldridge, Raef LaFrentz, and a number of LaDraft Picks in an attempt to bring back an impact small forward.

I think Caron Butler would be a wonderful addition to that team.
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 03:49:52 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
The trade makes sense because it allows Prichard to package LaMarcus Aldridge, Raef LaFrentz, and a number of LaDraft Picks in an attempt to bring back an impact small forward.

HAHAHA LaTP.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 04:09:47 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

Boogah.  Agreed about Outlaw, but I want no part of Frye - seems like a nice enough guy, but my recollections of him from his New York days left me considering him a 7-footer who thinks he is a small forward.  Nothing in Portland has indicated that these traits have changed.  I'm not that interested in giving something up to acquire an 18-foot shooter who doesn't defend or rebound like a guy his size should. 

He can't defend to save his life, he goes after the ball on the boards but he's lousy boxing out, he's not very good creating his own shot on the low post... he's solid on the pick'n'roll and yeah, a terrific garbage man, but if I were Pritchard I'd be looking for someone with good defense or an inside scorer good enough to make a difference.

I like Lee overall, and he gets to the ball well, but cordobes, you're absolutely right about the boxing out issue.  He can't seem to be bothered.  Ugh.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 04:49:42 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146

I wouldn't trade LAldrige.  That kid is so underrated.  Actually, I don't think Washington could trade CButler for Aldrige straight up.  Aldrige probably has more value around league GMs.