Author Topic: Antoine Walker arrested in Miami  (Read 4802 times)

Antoine Walker arrested in Miami
« on: January 05, 2009, 01:09:58 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/sfl-0105walkerdui,0,6282710.story

That's really disappointing news to read...Too bad.

Come on, Toine. Don't go all Vin Baker on us.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

Re: Antoine Walker arrested in Miami
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 01:13:40 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
One more time: why on earth would any professional athlete go out drinking without having a driver?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 01:27:31 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Antoine's unemployed.  As loyal bloggers, I think we should have a fund raiser to generate the $1000 bond.

A.Walker
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 02:25:07 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Did anyone here about Toine getting picked up on a drunken driving charge?If this has already been posted,then im late with this one.Go to ESPN news and it will tell you more.I heard it on my car radio first.

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 02:40:32 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
One more time: why on earth would any professional athlete go out drinking without having a driver?
I said the same thing on the front page...this will cost way more than the 60,000 a year it would cost to hire a full time driver.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 03:10:21 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Maybe he's just sad nobody wants to sign him.

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 03:12:38 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I said the same thing on the front page...this will cost way more than the 60,000 a year it would cost to hire a full time driver.

you dont even need a full time driver, either.

They have these things called cabs. I've found them very useful when i find myself to intoxicated to drive. Most bars won't exactly tow your car (espically a high paying clients car) if you choose not to kill yourself driving home from thier establisment.

Most of the bars (albiet, im happy to say this isn't a regular occurance with me) ive done this at could care less if you want to come back and pick up your car hungover at 8 in the morning.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 03:15:50 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669

you dont even need a full time driver, either.

They have these things called cabs. I've found them very useful when i find myself to intoxicated to drive. Most bars won't exactly tow your car (espically a high paying clients car) if you choose not to kill yourself driving home from thier establisment.

Most of the bars (albiet, im happy to say this isn't a regular occurance with me) ive done this at could care less if you want to come back and pick up your car hungover at 8 in the morning.

I think there's a thread around here somewhere that can confirm your endorsement of these so-called "cabs" when the night calls for it ;) hahaha
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 03:28:02 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Fat like Charles, now drunk like Charles?

What's going on Toine?

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 04:28:16 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
I heard he did the Wiggle when the cops asked him to walk in a straight line.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 05:35:34 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
The Tione I remember used to settle for just taking too many shots and not driving enough. This is new.

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 05:49:50 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
So does this event effectively end even the most minor of chances that most "Bring back Toine" enthusiasts thought existed? Let's hope that the reality of Toine driving around drunk has finally ended every single "Antoine to the Celtics" thread ever at this site!!! ;D ;D

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 06:05:15 PM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
It definitely doesn't help him sign with a new team this season...

???

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 10:01:03 PM »

Offline PSquared

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
I'm positively stunned now....This foolish decision by Toine pretty much torpedoes any shot of making ANY team, let alone Playoff team, this season.   

If I'm Toine right now, I'd SERIOUSLY consider retirement.   Any miniscule leverage he had left in being able to sign with a team this season is like Scarlet O'Hara : Gone with the Wind.  :(

This officially sucks....Royally.  And I respected Toine for the type of Person he is.  This is not how you represent, Antoine.   >:(

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2009, 10:05:09 PM »

Offline PSquared

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
So does this event effectively end even the most minor of chances that most "Bring back Toine" enthusiasts thought existed? Let's hope that the reality of Toine driving around drunk has finally ended every single "Antoine to the Celtics" thread ever at this site!!! ;D ;D

Antoine to the Celtics????   I think the chances of Antoine to ANY NBA TEAM are pretty much shot to hell this season.....