Author Topic: Celtics (29-6) at Bobcats (12-22) 1/6  (Read 86516 times)

Re: Celtics (29-6) at Bobcats (12-22) 1/6
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2009, 08:18:46 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Isn't this a better coached version of the same Bobcats ball club that took a last second 3 by Ray to beat in Charlotte last year? Should we really be that surprised?

you keep your logic out of this!  :D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2009, 08:18:58 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Perk is bothering me. He has awful hands, no post moves, and really does not get a lot of rebounds considering that is his one of his few jobs.
He's boxing out Okafor on the defensive glass pretty well. That leaves KG to get the rebound. The only thing I'd ask Perk to do in this game is rotate a bit quicker and hit another couple FTs.

« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2009, 08:19:09 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Perk is bothering me. He has awful hands, no post moves, and really does not get a lot of rebounds considering that is his one of his few jobs.

Let me guess... play POB!

« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2009, 08:19:11 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
Isn't this a better coached version of the same Bobcats ball club that took a last second 3 by Ray to beat in Charlotte last year? Should we really be that surprised?

look at their record...yeah, i'm surprised.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2009, 08:19:22 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
i know there is a half left but i honestly don't see this team coming back tonight...this is the knicks game all over again...this could be an ofer week

wow, and your accusing the team of quiting?

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2009, 08:19:32 PM »

Offline reggie35

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 51
hopefully dick will let paul play a bit this half and not call him for another ticky tack foul early.

EDIT: road troubles are nothing new for rajon as a young kid, check his splits.

i mistakenly thought he had gotten over the hump this year.

« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2009, 08:19:43 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Sorry to say this, but this team is absolute garbage right now. When are they going to start playing defense again? Another uninspired half of basketball against a bad team. It is getting close to start to worry time.
Absolute garbage, a little over the top.

I'll stick with that description of the way they are playing basketball right now. Once again they are letting a bad team think they are good enough to stick with them. The C's probably come out and win it in the second half, but this play is not encouraging.
Because in the NBA the better team always wins, especially on the road. Plus good teams never ever have to fight hard for wins. Gotcha.

But shouldn't the defending NBA champs be able to beat the Knics or the Warriors -- the two worst defensive teams - regardless of where they are playing? And shouldn't the NBA champs be knocking Charlotte out of its own arena? I get some of the arguments here about how everyone gets up for the Celtics, it is tougher to win, etc. I don't get accepting losses against the garbage of the NBA.

« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2009, 08:21:09 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i know there is a half left but i honestly don't see this team coming back tonight...this is the knicks game all over again...this could be an ofer week

wow, and your accusing the team of quiting?

not quitting but there has to be a stop to this..they have shown me nothing in the first half

« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2009, 08:21:39 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107

Except the C's should be playing with some purpose tonight...or at least you'd think so, not just coasting allowing the bobcats to do whatever they want...this one could get real ugly, the celtics look exhausted and doc still has panic written all over his face like he has recently
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2009, 08:21:45 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Look at their home record. They're okay at home, terrible on the road.

« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2009, 08:24:01 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

a 9-12 home record should hardly be classified as okay.

« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2009, 08:25:34 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

They're 12 and 22, which isn't that far off their pace off last years 32 and 50. They've also been playing much better basketball since getting Diaw. I'm not surprised, disappointed, but not surprised.

« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2009, 08:26:40 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
9-12 is a

9-12 is .428 winning percentage. Roughly what the Hawks did last year. So yeah it is okay in the NBA. We still should beat them, but its not like they're the Thunder!

« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2009, 08:27:27 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

for a young team with no real superstar?

I bet thier fans are ok with it.

« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2009, 08:28:51 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

for a young team with no real superstar?

I bet thier fans are ok with it.
Especially since the NBA is a league where the top teams get most of the wins.