Author Topic: Toine is VERY Generous with the Interns  (Read 2309 times)

Toine is VERY Generous with the Interns
« on: January 04, 2009, 08:54:29 PM »

Offline PSquared

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
And no, Toine is not taking any lessons in adultery from Stephon Marbury....  ::)

Carpe per diem

Antoine Walker's greatest impression with the Grizzlies was made in the seat cushion at the end of the bench. But there are some in Memphis who miss the chunky forward since his buyout in mid-December. Walker, 32, who reportedly walked away with about 95 percent of his $9.3-million salary, used to hand over his travel per diem - a little more than $100 per day on the road - to Grizzlies interns.

"What do I need this for?" Walker said when he was handed the cash at the start of the first trip of the season. Walker did not play in a single game this season for Memphis.

Walker, who won a ring with Miami in 2006, still is considered a good shooter but one of the worst-conditioned players in the NBA (and that includes comparisons to Eddy Curry, Sean May and Brad Miller). He said he hopes to sign with another NBA team this season. Interns around the NBA are campaigning for him.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/ny-spbark5986732jan04,0,4670436.story

Re: Toine is VERY Generous with the Interns
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 09:19:44 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
that shows antoines personality, he's a good guy. too bad this good guy can't hit the gym and get in shape.

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 01:39:58 AM »

Offline PSquared

• Al Horford

I don't understand why the NBA views him this way.....

What would the NBA Execs know whether a player is in shape or not?  Was Barkley ever "in shape"?  He didn't look it but because he was always a winner and was an effective player, they ignored that aspect.   

The NBA is really p****** me off with these slanted views of theirs.....

Walker was apparently in shape when the Heat won it all in '06(and yet, Riley said that Toine was never in shape throughout the whole time in Miami) and quite frankly, the only time I could really see him being out-of-shape was in '03(his final FULL Season as a Celtic) when he blew up like a blimp....

Oh yeah....He also averaged 20/9/4 in that season, too.   If the NBA is going to start bashing Antoine, at least bash him for Actual Factual reasons(His game has deteriorated, etc.) and not just 'cause of overall public opinion without much thought put into it.  But then again, this *is* the NBA we are talking about.   ::)

« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 02:27:30 AM by PSquared »

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 03:53:31 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
I always heard from Riley that Toine and Posey were both "in good shape" just not "in Riley shape", that is why they got "punished".

Toine has always been considered a "gym rat" regarding playing the game of basketball just not in regards to conditioning, like say a Paul Pierce or a Karl Malone.

Still, being in the best of shape hasn't stopped Toine from having a productive career.

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 10:03:12 PM »

Offline PSquared

• Al Horford
Well, LB, that is now all a moot point as Toine's NBA Career is in SERIOUS Jeopardy thanks to him doing a Vin-Baker imitation......  :-\

[dang it], toine!   With all that money, why don't you hire a Driver??  OR CALL A FREAKIN' CAB??????  >:( >:( >:(