Author Topic: LeBron Called for Travelling  (Read 19449 times)

Re: LeBron Called for Travelling
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2009, 08:26:01 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
The fact that this actually counts as a thread topic should say it all.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2009, 08:57:14 PM »

Offline nba is the worst

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 75
For once...

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2009, 10:32:45 PM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
Here's the game video:

http://www.nba.com/video/games/wizards/2009/01/04/nba_cle_was_0020800496_recap.nba/index.html?player=whatsnew

TP to you and the OP...that made my day .... it took a few years of complaining on a similar situation where LeBron benefitted from it and gave the Cavs the series victory over the Wizards to finally get the refs a bit more fair lol.

Sidenote: anyone see LeBron get called for the offensive foul in the same video? Then he tried to cover his face and pretend he got smacked hard by a hand (I think it was the ball that got blocked that hit his face) in an attempt to get the ref change the call lol. Lame LeBron...you shouldn't have to do that.
Call me a hater, but I think LeBron can take a smack to the face better than that.
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2009, 12:38:48 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Just to throw this out there, KG travels  everytime he touches the ball and trys to create his own shot, everyone knows it, his teammates, coaches, opponents, fans, and refs know it, and he gets it called on him 1 out of every 100 times, maybe.... And Pierce is quite the primadonna himself, I mean cmon guys you know it...so we dont have much room to complain
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 12:45:19 AM by TatteredOnMySleeve »
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2009, 01:21:13 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
Anyone who watches the 'offensive foul' that was called on Lebron (the play that Mike Brown got kicked out over) and can reasonably say that was a charge should go through a complete reality check.  Mike James jumped in front of him, turned his shoulder, and leaned.  Not one part of his body was set.  That's a block.  Plain and simple.  Please stop your Lebron hate for 2 seconds and realize a terrible call.  The travel was legit.  Lebron can say he jump stopped all he wants, but the reality is that both his feet did not hit at the same time, hence 'steps' not a jump stop.

As for the Wizard fans and their team.....I would be bitter too if my team kept getting ousted from the playoffs in the first round by the same team year after year.  They can hold sign of Lebron crying all they want.  Its always easy to mock and make excuses when you just aren't better than the other team.  The Wizards play the Cavs tough every game....you know want to ruin the Cavs year for once instead of vice versa

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2009, 01:50:44 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
Anyone who watches the 'offensive foul' that was called on Lebron (the play that Mike Brown got kicked out over) and can reasonably say that was a charge should go through a complete reality check.  Mike James jumped in front of him, turned his shoulder, and leaned.  Not one part of his body was set.  That's a block.  Plain and simple.  Please stop your Lebron hate for 2 seconds and realize a terrible call.  The travel was legit.  Lebron can say he jump stopped all he wants, but the reality is that both his feet did not hit at the same time, hence 'steps' not a jump stop.

As for the Wizard fans and their team.....I would be bitter too if my team kept getting ousted from the playoffs in the first round by the same team year after year.  They can hold sign of Lebron crying all they want.  Its always easy to mock and make excuses when you just aren't better than the other team.  The Wizards play the Cavs tough every game....you know want to ruin the Cavs year for once instead of vice versa

Agreed the offensive foul was a bad call.  But there have been so many hundreds of bad no-calls or even defensive fouls called when Lebron charges into people, it's just a tiny bit of karma.  Please stop your Lebron love for 2 seconds and realize why so many people hate  :P

As for the Wizards' fans... well I'd be pretty bitter if I was them.  They should have group therapy sessions with Sacramento Kings fans from the start of this decade.  Stress from having officials completely rob your team and a league that doesn't do dip about it.

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2009, 01:53:02 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
Agreed the offensive foul was a bad call.  But there have been so many hundreds of bad no-calls or even defensive fouls called when Lebron charges into people, it's just a tiny bit of karma.  Please stop your Lebron love for 2 seconds and realize why so many people hate  :P

As for the Wizards' fans... well I'd be pretty bitter if I was them.  They should have group therapy sessions with Sacramento Kings fans from the start of this decade.  Stress from having officials completely rob your team and a league that doesn't do dip about it.

Please realize that your first paragraph could be said about KG, and Pierce as well.  Lets not pretend they don't get favorable calls. 

Wizards have been robbed by the refs?  Why?  because of one missed traveling call in 3 years?  The refs let them mug Lebron last year in the playoffs, to the point where it was getting ridiculous.

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2009, 02:24:36 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170

Please realize that your first paragraph could be said about KG, and Pierce as well.  Lets not pretend they don't get favorable calls. 

Wizards have been robbed by the refs?  Why?  because of one missed traveling call in 3 years?  The refs let them mug Lebron last year in the playoffs, to the point where it was getting ridiculous.

KG, Pierce and other stars get respect from the refs but now and then they get calls go against them while Lebron is always guaranteed to be on the winning end of questionable calls in crunchtime as evidenced by the complete overreaction of Mike Brown to that charge. It was a bad call but I think his ejection was fortuitous as I don't know what would have happened if he was there when that travel was called.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2009, 02:29:58 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
KG, Pierce and other stars get respect from the refs but now and then they get calls go against them while Lebron is always guaranteed to be on the winning end of questionable calls in crunchtime as evidenced by the complete overreaction of Mike Brown to that charge. It was a bad call but I think his ejection was fortuitous as I don't know what would have happened if he was there when that travel was called.

Lebron gets just as many calls against him as KG and Pierce.  Lebron fouled out earlier this year, when is the last time KG or Pierce did that?

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2009, 02:37:53 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170

Lebron gets just as many calls against him as KG and Pierce.  Lebron fouled out earlier this year, when is the last time KG or Pierce did that?

I don't think Lebron fouling out once this season proves he gets as many calls. Pierce and Garnett both average more fouls than him in fewer minutes.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2009, 03:14:33 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I've seen Lebron call for plenty of travelling calls. Some haters are just in denial.

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2009, 03:24:56 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum

I don't think Lebron fouling out once this season proves he gets as many calls. Pierce and Garnett both average more fouls than him in fewer minutes.

Lebron averages 1.97 fouls per game.  KG averages 2.03 fouls and Pierce averages 2.71 fouls per game.  Not huge discrepancies there.  You may want to rethink your argument

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2009, 03:27:20 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Lebron averages 1.97 fouls per game.  KG averages 2.03 fouls and Pierce averages 2.71 fouls per game.  Not huge discrepancies there.  You may want to rethink your argument

KG no big discrepancy, paul is nearly an entire foul.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2009, 03:45:41 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
I don't think Lebron traveled at the end there.

The NBA has often allowed that "hop step" or that "jump stop" and then two steps.

If the NBA officials want to change how they call traveling to actually fit the rule book then each game is gonna last 3 to 3 and half hours long.

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2009, 03:50:37 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum

KG no big discrepancy, paul is nearly an entire foul.

Very true, but none of them are ever in danger of fouling out.  That was more my point.