Author Topic: Gutting the Number 1 Team in the League  (Read 2542 times)

Gutting the Number 1 Team in the League
« on: January 02, 2009, 03:38:44 PM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
If we are going to do this, we should do it right!

BOS Sends: Davis, Powe, O'Bryant, Giddens, TA, House, Scalabrine
BOS Gets: Maggette, Smith

GSW Sends: Maggette
GSW Gets: TA, House, Scalabrine

OKC Sends: Smith
OKC Gets: Davis, Powe, O'Bryant, Giddens

GSW does it for future cap room, OKC does it because they get an asset (Giddens) for a contract they would buy out.

Boston signs Marbury, Luke Jackson, Antoine Walker, and Mike Doleac off the street.

Rondo
Allen
Pierce
Garnett
Perkins
-------------
Marbury
Maggette
Smith
-------------
Pruitt
Jackson
Walker
Walker
Doleac
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

Re: Gutting the Number 1 Team in the League
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 03:52:27 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
 ;D
Yup

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 03:53:58 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
If we are going to do this, we should do it right!

BOS Sends: Davis, Powe, O'Bryant, Giddens, TA, House, Scalabrine
BOS Gets: Maggette, Smith

GSW Sends: Maggette
GSW Gets: TA, House, Scalabrine

OKC Sends: Smith
OKC Gets: Davis, Powe, O'Bryant, Giddens

GSW does it for future cap room, OKC does it because they get an asset (Giddens) for a contract they would buy out.

Boston signs Marbury, Luke Jackson, Antoine Walker, and Mike Doleac off the street.

Rondo
Allen
Pierce
Garnett
Perkins
-------------
Marbury
Maggette
Smith
-------------
Pruitt
Jackson
Walker
Walker
Doleac

This looks great and all, but why the hell does Golden State (or OKC for that matter) take on a bunch of poop players to ensure we win a title?
God bless and good night!

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 04:03:29 PM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
The thread is half-way sarcastic, but to quote my original post:

"GSW does it for future cap room, OKC does it because they get an asset (Giddens) for a contract they would buy out."

Golden State is unhappy with Maggette's production, and he is under contract for 5 years. We give them the ability to dump his deal after two (TA, Scal & House expire after next season. Additionally, all three players would fit in Nelly's system.

There is a lot of speculation that OKC will buy out Smith by the end of the month. Instead of buying him out, they can take a look at Giddens, Davis, Powe, and O'Bryant - if they do not like what they see, they can buy those guys out for the same price.
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 04:04:18 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I don't know if it would still work under the CBA, but switching TA to OKC and Baby & Powe to GSW might make a little more sense for the respective teams.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010