Author Topic: If Marbury signs with Boston, does TA or House become trade bait?  (Read 9086 times)

Re: If Marbury signs with Boston, does TA or House become trade bait?
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2009, 06:30:32 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Leon Powe didn't play such a huger role in the playoffs.

What now?  Powe was huge in several playoff games for us.

That's hardly a huge role. Powe and Davis were so inconsistent that as the playoffs went on Doc was forced to go into a 3 men rotation with the bigs, with PJ being the third and was quite down in the depth chart.

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2009, 08:40:42 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I think they are both trade bait whether Marbury comes here or not.  If they can turn them into a better player, then they will be traded, regardless of whether Marbury, Pruitt, or Cassell is taking their minutes.

Agreed.  Good luck getting a team to give of us something of value for Tony, House, BBD, or anybody else, though.

Well, isn't Collison on the record wanting out of OKC? You can move Tony, Scal and some cash for him, I think.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2009, 10:20:17 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Leon was good for us last year and has been good this year but hasn't gotten minutes I think he deserves.
Back to the original, don't like marbury but if he signs both eddie & tony are on the block with sam retired.  Pruitt has the size of TA with the range of Eddie and has shown to have a better defense than both (hard to believe).
If marbury signs we definately have a glut of guards.  I think Pruitt has the least value so he stays plain & simple.  A package of davis, ta, house and draft pick if needed to get joe smith.fine by me
love joe smith

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2009, 10:57:33 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Signing Marbury is a low risk, high reward proposition, because despite the tattoos on his head, he can really play.

;D ;D  Theorically, he should be fresh.  Because he hasn't "really" played since he signed his last contract.

The tattoos made Marbury a caracature of Marbury.  His game is a caracature of a team concept.  Or the antithesis of it.
He has never been on a team with this kind of talent. Every other team he has played with he was the #1 option. On this team he would be the 4th or 5th option. I know he wasn't a model citizen in New York, but he shouldn't be blamed for all the problems the Knicks have had over the past few years. Isah Thomas had a lot to do with that. I just don't see it being a big risk signing a guy who has averaged 20 ppg and 8 apg for his career to the Vet Minimum. We clearly need some scoring off the bench and someone who can get our other bench player involved on offense when Rondo is out of the game.

I was among the people who were the most dissappointed in Pierce the three seasons prior to last year when he, our franchise player, showed no leadership.  Particularly defensively. 

I have no problem pinning most of the blame on Marbury for the Knicks' malaises.  His behavior has been pathetic.  He's had great coaches, average coaches, and bad coaches.  He's been consistent under all of them.

It comes with the territory when you're the team's cornerstone, highest paid, and best player.