Author Topic: Wizards (6-24) at Celtics (28-5) 1/2  (Read 21988 times)

Re: Wizards (6-24) at Celtics (28-5) 1/2
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2009, 08:26:43 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
When is cleveland gonna have an actual tough stretch in their schedule? my god, at home against the Bulls tonight and then they have 4-5 nights off while we have to go on the road again while they rest up for the bobcats? ugh

living in ohio now I keep asking all these Cav homers around here the SAME thing...they have played Houston that is it. boston, atlanta miami and detroit all beat them...they don't have a quality win IMO...but yet they play scrubs each night... i will be rooting for LA when they go there in mid January.

They destroyed Denver about a week or so ago.  Theyre not exactly a weak team.

didn't say they are weak but put there wins up against the lakers or boston and they are far behind in wins vs playoff teams....for the last week they have played washington, the heat and the bulls followed by the bobcats...denver was a good win but nothing big

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2009, 08:29:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The Celtics may have only given up 26 points thus far but they are not playing good defense. They've given up 7 offensive rebounds and are leaving guys wide open for great looks. The Wiz have missed at least 6 layups, 3 other shots inside 5 feet, and at least 5 wide open no one within 10 feet jumpers.

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2009, 08:37:31 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
When is cleveland gonna have an actual tough stretch in their schedule? my god, at home against the Bulls tonight and then they have 4-5 nights off while we have to go on the road again while they rest up for the bobcats? ugh

living in ohio now I keep asking all these Cav homers around here the SAME thing...they have played Houston that is it. boston, atlanta miami and detroit all beat them...they don't have a quality win IMO...but yet they play scrubs each night... i will be rooting for LA when they go there in mid January.

didn't say they are weak but put there wins up against the lakers or boston and they are far behind in wins vs playoff teams....for the last week they have played washington, the heat and the bulls followed by the bobcats...denver was a good win but nothing big

We couldnt beat Denver in Boston.  The Cavs beat them in Denver, and Denver was playing some real good ball at the time, it deserves some kind of credit.

I understand what youre saying though, but theyll get to their tough part of the schedule eventually.  I'm just saying dont overlook them just b/c they have an easy beginning to their schedule, people said the same things about us last year.
Greg

« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2009, 08:42:37 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

We couldnt beat Denver in Boston.  The Cavs beat them in Denver, and Denver was playing some real good ball at the time, it deserves some kind of credit.

I understand what youre saying though, but theyll get to their tough part of the schedule eventually.  I'm just saying dont overlook them just b/c they have an easy beginning to their schedule, people said the same things about us last year.

no way i am overlooking them..i can't get away from them living here. but they will have a lot of proving here in the future...and i am not writing detroit off yet either

« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2009, 08:55:22 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
speaking of the Cavs, they just said on the Wizards telecast here that Big Z is sidelined again with ankle problems.  They didnt say how long he'll be out.
Greg

« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2009, 08:58:37 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Rondo could have 20 assists if he played 32 minutes. :o
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2009, 08:59:22 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
speaking of the Cavs, they just said on the Wizards telecast here that Big Z is sidelined again with ankle problems.  They didnt say how long he'll be out.

1 thing about the cavs is they fall in love with shooting the 3 pointer...

« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2009, 09:01:19 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
Nick Young must be a total bust if he can't get big minutes on this team.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2009, 09:05:27 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
how does a team with jamison, butler and some decent role guys stick this bad? does arenas matter this much?

« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2009, 09:07:21 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
how does a team with jamison, butler and some decent role guys stick this bad? does arenas matter this much?

They were never this bad without Arenas but with Haywood. They miss Bredan's defense more than Arenas' offense.

« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2009, 09:07:52 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
I think someone tied Butler's shoelaces together.

Larry Bird

« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2009, 09:11:44 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
good to see another full 4th of the bench. get the starters some good rest...i wish boston had haywood off the bench

« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2009, 09:14:42 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

They were never this bad without Arenas but with Haywood. They miss Bredan's defense more than Arenas' offense.

Got to respectfully disagree here cordobes.

Arenas's offense is ten times what Haywood's defense is. Very good defender, yes, but Gilbert is an elite offensive player.

« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2009, 09:15:04 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Doc is a horrible coach, our bench sucks, we'll be lucky to win 40 games this year... probably not make it past the first round.

« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2009, 09:15:06 PM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191
Who yelled "block party" when Jameson drove to the hole there?

OK, well, we take care of business here but it's hard to be impressed. It's not our fault that Washington sucks, but they are about one notch above OC.