Author Topic: Felton and Ammo for POB, Giddens, TA, & Scals  (Read 2797 times)

Felton and Ammo for POB, Giddens, TA, & Scals
« on: January 01, 2009, 02:20:49 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Before you annihilate me, hear me out. As NickAgenta said, whoever takes Felton will likely have to take Ammo, a sure BUST so far.

That being said, Felton completely solves our back-up PG problem and he can score the ball and shoot from deep when hot.  Why does Charlotte do this trade?  They need to blow things up some more in Charlotte.  In this trade, they get another big man with upside, a veteran for the lockerroom to got with Howard in Scals, and a slasher to replace JRich in TA, and a potential stat-filler in JR.

For us, as mentioned, Felton helps with breaking pressure and also provides some offense for our marginal bench.  Also, Ammo has a little over a year to prove that he belongs in the league.  He does have potential that will likely NOT show until next year, as it usually takes one full year back from ACL surgery to get completely comfortable.

Thoughts?

Here is the trade link:  http://www.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/3/

Peace and Happy New Year,

Smitty77   

Re: Felton and Ammo for POB, Giddens, TA, & Scals
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 02:31:22 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
I don't hate the trade, but I don't think it solve our most pressing issues, which are on the wing and down low.

Also, Felton is another undersized PG, and that makes me nervous. He'd probably get abused just as badly as House on D.

And isn't Felton starting in Charlotte? Why would they trade away their starting PG for some bench guys?
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 02:49:07 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Rondo,

I understand your questions completely.  Felton seems to play much bigger than House as he is rather stocky and seemingly has a strong base which keeps him from getting abused on the block and posted up like you might imagine.  They are looking to move Felton bec. Larry Brown apparently is NOT sold on him and they already decided NOT to extend him this summer.  Also, Brown seems to love DJ Augustine as his PG.  Second, TA might start for them.  Third, they would love to unload Ammo's contract.

Ammo is a long 6'8" and has potential to be a decent TEAM defender.  Yes, he is horribly slow, but he will get faster as he gets more confidence that his knee is OK following ACL surgery last year.  I would just like to see what our trainers and coaching staff could do with Ammo.  True, Ammo doesn't completely address our lack of a swing man off the bench, but I would like to see what Coach Thibodeau might be able to teach him.

Last, this certainly does NOT address our dearth of a back-up C but remember that this trade opens up two roster spots.  We could sign a C (Dwayne Jones) or someone out of the D-League and then move Walker or Giddens back up.

Smitty77

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 03:06:06 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Why do they need to blow things more in Charlotte?

I'm with Rondo_is_better, I don't see the point of trading our entire depth at the wing for another backup PG. Morrison can't defend. He's very far from being a contributor for a NBA team. He's a shooter who can't shot. 

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 04:07:24 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Things do NOT have to make sense to us for them to make sense to Higgins, Jordan, and Brown, Cordobes!!!  I live about 30 miles from Bobcats' Arena and hopefully will be at the game next Tuesday:-))  Not much that the Bobbiecats have done makes a LOT of sense.  Drafting Morrison, May, Felton, and trading JRich.  Drafting Augustine and Ajinca rather than Lopez and Chalmers for example.  NOTHING in Charlotte makes sense, so why NOT take advantage of them??

Perhaps you missed this today:  http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AjJv3szwiwxF12z9VOstXYm8vLYF?slug=aw-jennings123108&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

It clearly says that Charlotte is looking to move Felton and Ammo.  Remember that the Bobbiecats did not extend Raymond this off season???  There is a reason.

How about pursuing an out-of-shape Sean May instead of Ammo IF they would go for it.  IFFFFFFFFF May will ever get into shape (which is doubtful), he would really help our front line.  BTW, I am NOT a UNC fan, but both of these guys do know how to win, which is important. 

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 04:12:36 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Will Pierce play 48 minutes a game?

Scal, TA and Ray are our only decent options behind Pierce at the 3. Trading TA and not getting a 2/3 that can honestly contribute is suicide. We need TA far more than we need Felton.

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 04:56:49 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
we arent giving up enough.  POB is complete garbage with next to no trade value.  Scals is negative trade value.  TA and Giddens isnt enough for Felton.

Nice try.