Author Topic: Courtney Sims - Center from the D-League  (Read 1858 times)

Courtney Sims - Center from the D-League
« on: December 31, 2008, 09:53:08 PM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Players can be signed to 10 day contracts on Jan 5.  I think Courtney Sims will definitely get a call up from someone. 

He's got some very respectable numbers in the D-League and he's got PJ like size.

I have not personally seen the guy.  Has anyone else?  His numbers are outstanding though:

2008-09 D-League Statistics

PPG    23.5
RPG    13.10
APG    1.3
BPG    3.5
EFF    + 31.00

Born: Oct 21, 1983
Height: 6-11 / 2,11
Weight: 230 lbs. / 104,3 kg.
College: Michigan

Re: Courtney Sims - Center from the D-League
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 03:16:33 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Sims couldn't crack the Celtics' rotation. He's simply not good enough at anything.

Not sure he's worthy of being in the league .... he's a close call though as a 15th man who never plays.

He didn't impress me much in summer league with Indiana, I think it was Indiana, or in training camp with the Hornets who possibly have the worst collection of backup bigs in the league and had two open roster spots at the time. He played for the Pacers a bit last season too, and again did not impress.

Sims certainly could not crack the C's rotation or add anything to the team.

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 03:27:45 AM »

Offline EarthBall

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 110
I went to high school with this kid. He was a METCO student (from Boston) who got to go to high school in the suburbs (in this case Wellesley High). He was in the class below me. Nice kid. Kinda quiet. He wasn't that tall (maybe 6'3") as a freshmen and sophomore, but shot up to about 6'10" in a year. Went to prep school for his senior year and then Michigan for college.

It'd be pretty crazy if he made it to the NBA.

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 09:18:38 AM »

Offline dano313

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 5
Just saw him play on Sunday (36 pts, 16 rebs).  He's alot like POB.  Tall, lanky, no lower body strength.  Not much of a defensive presence.  He'll put up great numbers in the DL but wouldn't see much time on the Cs.

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 02:43:42 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
There aren't a lot of NBA caliber players in the D-League, especially guys with legit size. I never saw him playing, but I think the chances of him being better than Davis are basically non-existent. If this guy was any good, he'd be playing in the NBA already. Even if he wasn't that good but not a complete stiff either, he'd probably be playing in Europe.

Tall players do very well in the D-League statistically wise, because there's such a shortage of length. I remember Nick Fazekas. He put up very good numbers in the D-League, some stats guy said he would be a very productive NBA player and that Karl was crazy for waiving him. He went to the Belgian League, a 3rd tier league in Europe, and he isn't good enough to keep a job there.

I say the chances of finding a decent backup center in the D-League are very, very slim.