Author Topic: Trade with Bucks: Gadz and Crosher  (Read 5989 times)

Re: Trade with Bucks: Gadz and Crosher
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2009, 04:46:33 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
;D ;D
The same people who trash O'Bryant and Scal thinks everybody else wants them.

How about a New Year's resolution:  Somebody try to propose a trade which doesn't include Scal.

Little secret that few in this blog can figure out:  He's a lot more valuable to us than he is to other teams. 

They would be desirable for contracts.  It would save the Bucks money.   

He is worth more to teams trying to save money then he is to the Celtics. 

Players like Scali are often included in trades for salary purposes. 
Scal only helps financially if his contract is shorter than the bad contract he is matching.

The problem with a lot of trade proposals they include Scal when his contract is longer. Take Joe Smith, for example. There have been silly proposals to trade Scal + 1 player for Joe Smith, when Joe Smith's contract is far better than Scal's. It would be far better to cut Smith than to trade him for Scal.

No bad contract is a good thing in itself. It tends to only be good when you can use it to match a longer term contract that a team wants to dump.

Thus, his contract works here since it is shorter (and less) then Gadz.

Re: Trade with Bucks: Gadz and Crosher
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2009, 07:15:25 PM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I think Outlaw should get reacquanted with Perk and BBD real soon! It's almost comical whenever I see BBD go into a game opposing players go flying. I forget that he in the game and then I see bodies falling backwards and rewind the game and it's always BBD. I am pretty sure there arent too many players in the league who can take shot better then those two.