Author Topic: Eddie House Gunning  (Read 5994 times)

Re: Eddie House Gunning
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 11:22:48 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
Bring on Starbury!

While I'm pretty sure you're being sarcastic, if he came cheap I'd give him a shot. It would have to be made clear to him that at the first hint of unacceptable behavior, he'd be gone. What the heck, maybe playing with Ray, Paul nad KG would straighten him out a little.

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2008, 11:25:17 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
They need to get him going again.

Take the ball out of his hands. 

Put him back to basics on offense.

Three things for House to do on offense.

1) find an opening
2) Catch
3) Shoot.

Celtics do this with him, he will become the player they need out of him.

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2008, 11:30:08 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Bring on Starbury!

While I'm pretty sure you're being sarcastic, if he came cheap I'd give him a shot. It would have to be made clear to him that at the first hint of unacceptable behavior, he'd be gone. What the heck, maybe playing with Ray, Paul nad KG would straighten him out a little.

Yeah, because Garnett did such a stellar job of straightening Ricky and Blount out in Minnesota.  Because Paul and Rivers did such a stellar job of straightening out Ricky, Blount, and Banks in Boston. 

If management thought PG was such a desperate situation, Cassell is a winner...and a lot more logical solution than foxhole stephone.

House is paid to gun.

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2008, 11:38:23 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I have been saying this for that last few weeks now ,  but I have seen enough of Eddies gunning.  Hit or miss he is taking bad shots,  it looks like it is not even within the flow of the offence.  Biggest offseason mistake bringing him back not Posey.  Our bench needs a scorer plain and simple, yes size would be nice but a scorer is needed.

James Posey was hardly a scorer for us. All of the bench regulars outscored him on a per minute basis last year.

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2008, 11:42:49 AM »

Offline TerreHaute

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
This is getting ridiculous. Two weeks ago Eddie was hitting every shot imaginable and from a long ways away. Eddie is what he is, a shooter and a bench player. If he was good enough to start, he would. He's trying to help our team by leading the second unit. He could be used differently, but that is not up to him. His intensity/execution on the defensive end is fine.

Guys, we are 28-5. We have the best record in the league. It is still December. Some of you are reminding me of some of the crazy parents I had to deal with when I coached. We should have six months of basketball left. There will be bumps in the road. We can certainly play better, but last I checked there has never been an undefeated team in the NBA.

We are who we are. Let the professionals do their jobs and we can pass out judgements when the time is right (end of the season).

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2008, 11:46:43 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I have been saying this for that last few weeks now ,  but I have seen enough of Eddies gunning.  Hit or miss he is taking bad shots,  it looks like it is not even within the flow of the offence.  Biggest offseason mistake bringing him back not Posey.  Our bench needs a scorer plain and simple, yes size would be nice but a scorer is needed.

James Posey was hardly a scorer for us. All of the bench regulars outscored him on a per minute basis last year.

TP4U tim, posey wasen't a good scorer. he was an awesome clutch catch and shoot guy who played great defense, ala' bowen.

the reason he got so many open looks last year was he often started a break with his great defense and hustle, and thus was the trailer since he needed to pick himself out of the stands  :D

If your looking for scoring punch off the bench, it ain't james. Now if your looking for a defenseive wing (something we could use right now) who can hit open three's, thats james.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2008, 11:58:11 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
eddie is in a slump mentally and physically right now as far as Im concerned...Im getting sick of him shooting lights out in garbage time and like complete garbage in meaningful time...Also in the preseason he was shooting lights out, as soon as the regular season started he was in a slump....TA just isnt Posey, and this has its effect on Eddie imo. he has been useless on this road trip, he might as well stayed home
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2008, 11:58:49 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
Bring on Starbury!

Yeah, because Garnett did such a stellar job of straightening Ricky and Blount out in Minnesota.  Because Paul and Rivers did such a stellar job of straightening out Ricky, Blount, and Banks in Boston. 

If management thought PG was such a desperate situation, Cassell is a winner...and a lot more logical solution than foxhole stephone.

House is paid to gun.

Point taken. It was just a thought.

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2008, 12:04:17 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Eddies real job with this team is shooting the outside shot.  He isn't hitting right now but he's a vet and knows that is why he is on the court.  He might not be the fastest defender but he works his ass off out there.
Davis I agree, can't see why the pt, Leon does a great job for us.
Side note; loved posey but he wasn't a true scorer we could rely on.  He did a great job on d, rebounding and spot up 3's.  What we miss w/ posey is this, when PP was out you could put posey in the starting lineup and it would be smooth, hardly miss a beat.
Who of our current subs could slide into the starting team like this??
Leon at pf sure, besides that?
give pruitt some real time!

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2008, 12:16:54 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
The problem isn't that he's in a shooting slump, the problem is that he's taking horrible shots.  And when he does make a few in a row, it always seems to be in a blowout situation.  At least TA helps with D and gets to the line.

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2008, 02:57:41 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Bring on Pruitt!
God bless and good night!

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2008, 03:35:59 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
If Eddie had of made that shot over Oden's outstretched arm last night,we wouldn't be having this conversation.

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2008, 04:33:50 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
If Eddie had of made that shot over Oden's outstretched arm last night,we wouldn't be having this conversation.

If the Celtics didn't lose three of four, there'd be nothing to talk about either...

But he did, and they did.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2008, 05:13:15 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I'd like to see Pruitt get some run to see what he can do.