Author Topic: Eddie House Gunning  (Read 5990 times)

Eddie House Gunning
« on: December 31, 2008, 12:56:03 AM »

Offline Texstyles

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
I have been saying this for that last few weeks now ,  but I have seen enough of Eddies gunning.  Hit or miss he is taking bad shots,  it looks like it is not even within the flow of the offence.  Biggest offseason mistake bringing him back not Posey.  Our bench needs a scorer plain and simple, yes size would be nice but a scorer is needed.

Re: Eddie House Gunning
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 01:00:49 AM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
I have been saying this for that last few weeks now ,  but I have seen enough of Eddies gunning.  Hit or miss he is taking bad shots,  it looks like it is not even within the flow of the offence.  Biggest offseason mistake bringing him back not Posey.  Our bench needs a scorer plain and simple, yes size would be nice but a scorer is needed.

Its because he's having to create things for the second unit. That's not his game. In fact, he sucks at it big time. He needs to get the ball passed to him in the corner for an open three. To have that happen, you need someone who can drive the lane and dish. Like Rondo, but from off the bench.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 01:00:59 AM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
I wouldn't pull the cord yet, his play hasn't personally irritated me that much. TA has been plentiful in supplying ammo for hate right now, and although I love BBD his game has not improved since last year unfortunately. Posey has some bad games also last season dont forget that.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 01:01:40 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Bring on Starbury!

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 01:02:46 AM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg

Its because he's having to create things for the second unit. That's not his game. In fact, he sucks at it big time. He needs to get the ball passed to him in the corner for an open three. To have that happen, you need someone who can drive the lane and dish. Like Rondo, but from off the bench.

I should add that he is an excellent shooter when he's set, in rhythm, and open. He shoots like 60% in those situations. I don't hate Eddy, I hate how he's being used.

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 01:05:50 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
I wouldn't pull the cord yet, his play hasn't personally irritated me that much. TA has been plentiful in supplying ammo for hate right now, and although I love BBD his game has not improved since last year unfortunately. Posey has some bad games also last season dont forget that.

House is keeper on this team. Doc should experiment with Rondo & House together in the back court. The guy that irritates me is TA, he has no game. No handles, Can't defend, can't shoot, always gets blocked, turnover machine, too short for SF........

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 01:07:44 AM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg

House is keeper on this team. Doc should experiment with Rondo & House together in the back court. The guy that irritates me is TA, he has no game. No handles, Can't defend, can't shoot, always gets blocked, turnover machine, too short for SF........

I kind of agree with you, but in TA's defense his D is good and he doesn't get his shot blocked too often.

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 01:09:32 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Bring on Starbury!

Is there some type of inside joke I'm missing out on? Are you sure your Roy Hobbs?

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 01:09:56 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Bring on Starbury!

I'm sure this quote from above had a hint of sarcasm. However, desperate times calls for desperate measures.

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 01:10:29 AM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • The REAL Pau Gasol

House should not even be close to the trade/boot out stage, and neither should Powe. TA, POB, BBD seem like the weak links right now. If Gabe could work to be somewhat more of a slasher AND a better long range threat TA would be made useless. They're the same height with the only difference being weight.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 01:11:08 AM »

Offline Texstyles

• Al Horford
True, on a lot of your points on BBD, Tony,  and even the Posey having bad games to.  I just don't like what Eddie is doing.  I feal that BBD and Tony are not playing well but looks like they are taking good shots( within the flow of the offence ).  Eddie is just gunning.  I really think it is time for Pruit, I think he offers a lot more on the floor then Eddie does at this point.   

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 01:11:14 AM »

Offline Binky-King

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I think his gunning is apart of his overall regression as a point guard, if that's possible.

He hasn't controlled the pace as well as he did last year, it's bit too fast & guys end up taking quick jump-shots as a result of it.

Defensively he's a liability an he can't make plays on offense, so you can imagine how it looks with him out there with Ray, Tony, BBD & Leon.

I'm over Eddie House, especially if he's not making his shots let's what Pruitt can do.

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 01:14:21 AM »

Offline Texstyles

• Al Horford
I think his gunning is apart of his overall regression as a point guard, if that's possible.

He hasn't controlled the pace as well as he did last year, it's bit too fast & guys end up taking quick jump-shots as a result of it.

Defensively he's a liability an he can't make plays on offense, so you can imagine how it looks with him out there with Ray, Tony, BBD & Leon.

I'm over Eddie House, especially if he's not making his shots let's what Pruitt can do.

Agreed.  Don't get me wrong, I like Eddie but he is hurting us more then he is helping.

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 01:16:12 AM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Eddie is a reliable veteran. He may have missed tonight but he is a solid piece. What we need to do more than anything is jettison Glen Davis. Why? Here's the scene:

BBD makes a terrible, half-hearted, and late defensive rotation.

Pryzbilla dunks, and one.

KG BERATES Glen Davis for his horrific D

Glen goes back out, and immediately follows up with another awful defensive rotation.

Another And 1 basket for Portland.

Finally, I fall to the floor of my living room, gagging for air as I choke myself with my Big Baby jersey/t-shirt.

End scene.

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 01:16:21 AM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • The REAL Pau Gasol

I absolutely agree with everything your saying includin Gabe, but House is pretty good on D. When he was in tonight he stopped Blake from making the 3's Rondo kept letting him get. In the previous games he's done a good enough job as well ( the AI/ pistons game also comes to mind)
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!