Author Topic: Notorious Trailer  (Read 8886 times)

Re: Notorious Trailer
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2008, 11:53:46 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
the only way i would see this, is once it is on dvd.

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2008, 12:09:50 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
not trying to sound stupid, but i don't get it...

my perception is that he's a fat rapper who wears gold chains and wants to use his money to get women.  are there any other pieces i'm missing of this must-see story?  Wink

That's why you need to go see it.  I am sure there are some stuff in there that tells how the person is special.  I personally don't know much about the background stuff about BIG, but I am curious to see it though.  This movie does have the potential to be a huge bust because of all the hype behind it.  I hope this is an inspirational biography movie like Ray Charles and not a ganster thing( even if i get it to point a name in a bad manner this time sounds innapropiate)

No disrespect to anybody, but I have a hard time entertaining the thought that this movie has a chance to be even half the movie that "Ray" was.  A comparison with Get Rich or Die Tryin with 50 Cent I think would be more accurate.

Well, Ray had the music to go along with the emotional part of the movie and it last for a long period of time.  But BIG was a very smart and motivated musician and business man.  What I meant by that is I wonder if they'll take the approach of a poor black man taking it to the top and overcoming obstacles and therefore an inspirational/motivational movie (even if the approach is designed to the younger crowd) or if it's another gangster crap that is not only a bad movie but promotes the negative stereotype that our African-American brothers face out there (50 Cent movie).

PS. Ray is one of my favorite movies of all time with a GREAT soundtrack, so I def dont expect this to be as good as Ray.  The soundtrack for this movie should be sick too.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2008, 12:11:23 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
can't wait to take the kids to see it!

Redz, didn't know your kids were straight thugs...  ;D

It's never too early for them to learn what it takes to be a rapper.

(I say this as I experience the joy of finally figuring out how to work the Taffy Tammy Cupcake Doll that my daughter was given in the kindergaterten Holiday Swap today...what a freaky thing this is...it folds up to fit inside a cupcake...who thinks this crap up?)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 12:19:38 PM by Redz »
Yup

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2008, 12:36:58 PM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis

my perception is that he's a fat rapper who wears gold chains and wants to use his money to get women.  are there any other pieces i'm missing of this must-see story?  Wink

That's why you need to go see it.  I am sure there are some stuff in there that tells how the person is special.  I personally don't know much about the background stuff about BIG, but I am curious to see it though.  This movie does have the potential to be a huge bust because of all the hype behind it.  I hope this is an inspirational biography movie like Ray Charles and not a ganster thing( even if i get it to point a name in a bad manner this time sounds innapropiate)

No disrespect to anybody, but I have a hard time entertaining the thought that this movie has a chance to be even half the movie that "Ray" was.  A comparison with Get Rich or Die Tryin with 50 Cent I think would be more accurate.

Well, Ray had the music to go along with the emotional part of the movie and it last for a long period of time.  But BIG was a very smart and motivated musician and business man.  What I meant by that is I wonder if they'll take the approach of a poor black man taking it to the top and overcoming obstacles and therefore an inspirational/motivational movie (even if the approach is designed to the younger crowd) or if it's another gangster crap that is not only a bad movie but promotes the negative stereotype that our African-American brothers face out there (50 Cent movie).

PS. Ray is one of my favorite movies of all time with a GREAT soundtrack, so I def dont expect this to be as good as Ray.  The soundtrack for this movie should be sick too.

speaking of biopics with awesome soundtracks,,,,i can not wait for the Marvin Gaye movie in 2010.  Jesse L Martin is playing him and has an amazingggg voice, plus I love Marvins music.
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2008, 12:48:56 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

speaking of biopics with awesome soundtracks,,,,i can not wait for the Marvin Gaye movie in 2010.  Jesse L Martin is playing him and has an amazingggg voice, plus I love Marvins music.

Woah. I didn't know they were making a movie about Marvin Gaye. That should be a good one.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2008, 01:03:09 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

Ray is one of my all time favorites too.  Phenominal movie.  In all honesty, Im not too excited about this movie, for the reasons you stated.  I think in the end it will just glorify being a gangster.  I think the Tupac resurrection documentary was a great way to portray Tupacs life, because even though it showed a lot of the thug/gangster lifestyle that was a part of his life, I feel like they spent more time highlighting the positive things that he was apart of, and the work he did to try and better the lives of African Americans in America......I have a hard time believing this Notorious movie will do the same.
Greg

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2008, 01:41:08 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586

(I say this as I experience the joy of finally figuring out how to work the Taffy Tammy Cupcake Doll that my daughter was given in the kindergaterten Holiday Swap today...what a freaky thing this is...it folds up to fit inside a cupcake...who thinks this crap up?)

You need to get your daughter to trade that in for the Ghostface doll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHbGaDHmNfc

I kid you not, as real as it gets.
http://www.theghostfacedoll.com/

And if she's been really good, maybe you can buy her Ghostface's book:  The World According To Pretty Toney to go along with it, cuz remember Wu-Tang is for the children!

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2008, 01:43:59 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

You need to get your daughter to trade that in for the Ghostface doll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHbGaDHmNfc

I kid you not, as real as it gets.
http://www.theghostfacedoll.com/

And if she's been really good, maybe you can buy her Ghostface's book:  The World According To Pretty Toney to go along with it, cuz remember Wu-Tang is for the children!

lol  ;D

That's great!  Loved the commercial.

Marked down from $499 to $299...such a deal
Yup

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2008, 01:56:09 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586

And you can never teach your daughter too soon that it is cool to jump out of a cake.  I'm sure this well help you sleep better tonight knowing your daughter is playing with this doll thinking about how much fun it would be to jump out of a cake someday.  "Daddy, when I grow up I want to jump out of a cake too!"

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2008, 02:45:08 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
The one thing I hope I don't see in this movie is them making Biggie look like an angel and Tupac just looking like a thug jerk.  I'm hoping I don't see this, I hope they play this out like it really happened.
do it