Author Topic: Gerald Wallace  (Read 5465 times)

Gerald Wallace
« on: December 29, 2008, 05:03:44 PM »

Offline Emperor Young

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/56261/20081229/cleveland_interested_in_gerald_wallace/

According to this article, Bobcats might trade Wallace to Cleveland for Eric Snow, Sasha Pavlovic and Tarence Kinsey..
I think he'd be perfect off our bench.
what are your thoughts on that??

Re: Gerald Wallace
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 05:06:27 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
How does he fit with LeBron?

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 05:07:01 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I think he is a major injury risk, and has many of the same issues Tony Allen has (although the fact that he is taller makes him a better player).  He doesn't scare me that much.

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 05:09:02 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
if the cavs make this deal, and wallace stays healthy....this is very bad news for us!

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 05:10:13 PM »

Offline Emperor Young

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
if the cavs make this deal, and wallace stays healthy....this is very bad news for us!

I agree.. He plays great defense.

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 05:12:28 PM »

Offline adam8

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
Hes a freak athlete which is something we struggle with I dont know where he would play but if they could make it work it would scare me more that Marion to be honest.

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 05:13:57 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
(a) I thought Eric Snow was bought out and retired, which would make his contract not tradeable.  

(b) G. Wallace has a long contract, so if the Cavs go with this deal, they are essentially going "all in".
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 05:20:50 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I agree.. He plays great defense.

Eh, I actually don't know if he will be that great in their team defensive scheme.  He will make some plays, sure, but their defense (much like the C's) is based around team defense and rotations, and that has never been his strength.

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 06:01:36 PM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Pavlovic is no slouch.  If they could pull it off without trading him I'd like it better for Cleveland.

Although if they could make this trade and still have Wally's contract and get another all star type then they would be scary.  They're already a solid team. 

Who could they get for Wally?  I'm thinking a PF since they would have Williams, Lebron, Wallace and Z at the other positions.  I can't check the trade machine at work so I don't know what PFs make close to what he makes.  There probably aren't a ton of options.  Maybe Wally and Varajao for Rasheed?

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 06:04:26 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
That is an AWFUL trade for the bobcats.  none of those three players would project as any sort of long term starter for that team.  AWFUL.  I would hope they can get something better, at least 1 young player of value.

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 06:08:47 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
That is an AWFUL trade for the bobcats.  none of those three players would project as any sort of long term starter for that team.  AWFUL.  I would hope they can get something better, at least 1 young player of value.

Agreed. What a disaster. Wallace is over-paid and eventually they'll have to move him, but to trade him for a little cap space is just silly.

The Cavs would be plain scary if this was true. 

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 06:13:55 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
anybody and everybody fits with lebron

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2008, 06:32:25 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
If the plan is to play him as a starting SG, It could mess with their chemestry.  You see, I think what makes the Cavs chemestry work so well is how DWest stabilizes their backcourt.  You let MWilliams roam and do as he pleases or let LeBron be your point-fwd, you'll see that ball movement getting worse and worse and easier to defend.

LeBron is a stud, of that no doubt.  But big Z and Dolante can't be replaced as starters.  You mess with that, you are asking for trouble.

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008, 07:27:32 PM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
That would be grand theft for Cleveland.  Horrible, horrible deal for Charlotte, if they did that.  That's crazy.  Not even MJ is THAT crazy.

Wallace is WAY better than Pavlovic.

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 07:33:25 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
What's the benefit for Charlotte? Snow is just cap room and the other two aren't particularly good. Did Nike offer Jordan a bonus if he helped LeBron?  ;D