Author Topic: Travis Outlaw  (Read 2462 times)

Travis Outlaw
« on: December 28, 2008, 09:23:30 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Is there anyway we could get him out of portland? There is a log jam there in Portland with him,Batum,Fernandez,and webster. I think he would be a perfect fit for coming off the bench and could replace PP when he is done.. Your thoughts and if not him maybe one of those other SF's because that is where i think our problem lies

Re: Travis Outlaw
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 09:35:33 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
I donīt think thatīs possible, Outlawīs value is too high. The Celtics have nothing to offer.

...and Iīd rather have Fernandez.

Maybe for TA + Draft Pick 2011 + Cash?  :-\
Nah, I think itīs impossible.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 09:37:55 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
ainge has always loved his game, so the interest is there.  however, i dont think the players we have that are expendable have the value to bring him here

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 09:55:20 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Leon Powe + Giddens + Scals for Outlaw + Sergio works on Real GM. :-\
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 09:57:04 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
Leon Powe + Giddens + Scals for Outlaw + Sergio works on Real GM. :-\

it may work on real gm, but i dont think portland does that trade

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 10:05:00 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
ainge has always loved his game, so the interest is there.  however, i dont think the players we have that are expendable have the value to bring him here
I like the energy myself he brings off the bench...the last time his name came up on here i was surprised by a few who hated Outlaw.I was wondering after if i missed something about him.From reading these posts i guess i was right in thinking he is a very good player that would be a good addition to the Celtics second unit.Not trying to hijack this thread, dark_lord  what is your feelings/thoughts on Jeffries once played for the Wizards,presently i think he is a Knick(injured).Why i ask is,i was watching a Cavs/Wiz.playoff series from 2006 on NBA.tv the other day and Jeffries is the first player i have ever seen actually play Lebron toe for toe besides Pierce/Posey.I mean he didn't stop Lebron from scoring some but altered a lot of his shots,made him think about bringing it strong to the hole.I was impressed with his defensive prowess.

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 10:07:01 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
I like the energy myself he brings off the bench...the last time his name came up on here i was surprised by a few who hated Outlaw.I was wondering after if i missed something about him.From reading these posts i guess i was right in thinking he is a very good player that would be a good addition to the Celtics second unit.Not trying to hijack this thread, dark_lord  what is your feelings/thoughts on Jeffries once played for the Wizards,presently i think he is a Knick(injured).Why i ask is,i was watching a Cavs/Wiz.playoff series from 2006 on NBA.tv the other day and Jeffries is the first player i have ever seen actually play Lebron toe for toe besides Pierce/Posey.I mean he didn't stop Lebron from scoring some but altered a lot of his shots,made him think about bringing it strong to the hole.I was impressed with his defensive prowess.

i will pm you so that we do not hijack the thread