Author Topic: FREE POB!  (Read 47580 times)

FREE POB!
« on: December 27, 2008, 01:33:02 AM »

Offline MoBSTa_69

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 0
Free POB! If this game against the Warriors would have meant anything to any Player on the Celtic's Roster it would have meant everything to POB.

Perkin's out and POB never got to even step on the Warriors court.

I got to say, if I was indeed a coach and needed a little boost to my team I may look to a player that has something more to play for.

But all in all, I don't feel BBD has proved anything this season, other than that he can hit a 12ft jump shot in which I believe POB can do also.

POB was indeed a Lotto Pick and with KG I think he could develop but I also believe every player deserves a little something from the table, and if POB ever deserved to be on the Celtic's Roster he deserved a few mins to play against the Warriors.

With Perkins hurt and the Celtic's in a bind POB never seen 1 sec.

Can someone explain why we have POB if were not going to use him?

Re: FREE POB!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 01:34:56 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
yeah, set him free...as in free agent.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 01:52:56 AM »

Offline MoBSTa_69

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 0
At least cut him if your not gonna use him, I think POB would be better than BBD in the Rotation.

In fact BBD is a disgrace to the SEC.

When BBD rotates its generally counter clock wise.

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 02:24:11 AM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Free POB! If this game against the Warriors would have meant anything to any Player on the Celtic's Roster it would have meant everything to POB.

Perkin's out and POB never got to even step on the Warriors court.

I got to say, if I was indeed a coach and needed a little boost to my team I may look to a player that has something more to play for.

But all in all, I don't feel BBD has proved anything this season, other than that he can hit a 12ft jump shot in which I believe POB can do also.

POB was indeed a Lotto Pick and with KG I think he could develop but I also believe every player deserves a little something from the table, and if POB ever deserved to be on the Celtic's Roster he deserved a few mins to play against the Warriors.

With Perkins hurt and the Celtic's in a bind POB never seen 1 sec.

Can someone explain why we have POB if were not going to use him?
I totally agree whole heartedly with playing O'Bryant in tonights game. Matter of fact I was willing to bet he played even if Perk was playing tonight. With Perk being out, I truly dont understand why he didn't start! Powe is our offense in the 2nd unit, take him out & our 2nd unit has gotten even that much more weaker. Doc has been great all season so far, but he dropped the ball on this move. O'Bryant would not have effected our first unit at all being that he is not a scorer & he could have focused on defense & rebounding while getting easy hoops from Rondo,Garnett & Pierce when they were doubled. And Powe woulda in turn stayed in his normal role as instant energy guy of the bench & our 2nd unit could keep playing together so they can continue to gel! If he can find minutes for Scalabrine he shoulda found at least 10-12mins for Patrick tonight!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 02:31:06 AM by KG_ended_Bias »

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 02:49:05 AM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
I agree with Mobsta69. O'Bryant obviously would have had a vendetta against his former club tonight. And with Perk out, we were soft on the interior. The Warriors don't exactly have what I would call a tenacious interior defense. Garnett finishing with 14 tonight is disappointing. Maybe it was a carry over from the Lakers game on a back-to-back, but still.

Ray only taking six shots is ridiculous. And fouling out even more so.

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 02:56:36 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Powe's from the Bay Area. I bet it meant a lot to him to be able to start tonight.

Didn't have a chance to see the game, as I am stuck in Chicago's Midway Airport tonight, praying for the standby gods to smile down upon me tomorrow AM. Judging from the box score, it looks like Powe did well.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 03:39:49 AM »

Offline Induna

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
It is typical of Doc he has never played guys until he absolutely had to. ::) POB should have played against the Lakers as should Pruitt

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 04:46:23 AM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107

Powe's from the Bay Area. I bet it meant a lot to him to be able to start tonight.

Didn't have a chance to see the game, as I am stuck in Chicago's Midway Airport tonight, praying for the standby gods to smile down upon me tomorrow AM. Judging from the box score, it looks like Powe did well.

I was down with Powe starting and he did good.  Question is what happened to him in the 4th quarter..ask Doc because only he knows.  Back to the subject I wish POB would have gotten a few minutes tonight because I do agree  if it were any game he would get more pumped up about than any other it would be the game against his former team. 

We keep saying we need size off the bench and we have a 7 footer just sitting there and none of us know if he is any good or bad at all.  Sure we can say oh he must be awful because otherwise he would play but like Induna said Doc never plays guys until he absolutely has to, like Ryan Gomes, or Leon Powe.  Finally when they got the chance to play and proved they deserved it, he puts them in the rotation because he finally realizes there to good to take out.  That maybe the case with POB, it may not, nobody can really say for sure.  The same case can be made for Pruitt.  Obviously with the current 2 game losing streak and the bench struggling you'd think Doc would realize its time to try something new because the current bench isn't working to great as of now. 

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 05:19:56 AM »

Offline jimmehx

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 166
well said scribbles, TP.  I have never been disappointed by Powe but it doesn't make sense to sit POB in a game that was meant to be less than a challenge. I'm pretty frustrated with this loss. 

"Uhhh... Wife makes chicken..." - Brian Scalabrine 2007.

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 06:11:06 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
We are so slim in the middle. I agree that POB should at least played for 5 to 10 minutes so he may have a positive sense of confidence build up. From there, we would know where in the roster will he really fit. If he doesn't fit, then ship him out together with some pieces.
I think DA is cooking up something. He may really get a BIG ( a big man or a marquee player) from POB and some players to give the team a better chance of repeating as champs.
Still POB is an important piece right now while we don't have Perk.

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008, 08:29:50 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
POB is terrible on defense (where he looks absolutely lost), and he's averaged 6.6 turnovers and 8.8 personal fouls per 36 minutes in the limited playing time he's gotten.  Oh, yeah, and the head coach says he's lazy, much like his last head coach said.

No thank you.  Just because a project is on the roster doesn't mean that he should see minutes to the detriment of the team.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 09:05:25 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
yeah, set him free...as in free agent.

Just what I was thinking.

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 09:42:57 AM »

Offline Induna

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
So how do we come to the conclusion that he is terrible in defence and looks lost when he has seen practically no minutes on the floor?

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2008, 10:12:40 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
What exactly is it that people don't understand about the fact that Doc sees all these players in practice and knows exactly what these players can give this team when they get on the court? The reason deep down the end of the bench players don't get playing time is because it has been determined that they will be a detriment to the team if they get on the court.

Is that so hard to understand? Does Doc need to play every scrub that doesn't deserve minutes and lose more games simply to prove to the fans that he is making the right decisions in the first place and that 99% of the fans don't have a clue as to how to coach a professional basketball team?

Patrick O'Bryant is getting playing time because he is not that good and/or because he hasn't earned any playing time. What is so difficult to grasp about that?

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2008, 10:13:34 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
So how do we come to the conclusion that he is terrible in defence and looks lost when he has seen practically no minutes on the floor?

Watching him. It took me like 10 minutes in a couple of games for the Warriors. It's painfully evident.