Author Topic: T.A. and Scals for Josh Boone, Najera, & Sean Williams  (Read 8925 times)

Re: T.A. and Scals for Josh Boone, Najera, & Sean Williams
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2009, 12:15:29 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
As much as I would love the first trade it would create a log jam at the big man position and would leave us without an athletic swingman who can play a little bit of defense. I just dont see NJ taking Scals and TA unless NJ really misses Scal that much. This wouldnt add any veteran experience for us however, and thats the main thing the bench needs...

Baby for serg, not gonna happen.

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2009, 03:13:29 AM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
Well this is very easy for me. Since I trully believe that TA and Scal are two of the worst players not only on the Celtics, but in the league, I would drive them to NJ. That being said, I can't see NJ being that desperate. Surely than can do better than that.

This is all I needed to read before I decided to skip over every post you've made in this thread. Tony Allen is not one of the worst players in the NBA...only a moron could think that...

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2009, 06:58:22 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I don't understand the interest in Najera. I think Scal is the better player of the two, particularly on the defensive end and his ability to play multiple positions.

Josh Boone is a liability on the offensive end and the defensive end. He is one heck of a rebounder though .... but the C's are the best rebounding team in the league right now, there is no need to carry all those offensive/defensive problems for Boone.

Sean Williams is an interesting prospect. I'd rate him as having a low likelihood of ever fulfilling his talent though, so he's a risky prospect in my eyes. I wouldn't be willing to give up someone as valuable as Tony Allen in order to acquire Williams. If Sean were available in a Delfino type situation, say two second round picks, I'd be happy to see the C's make a move on that.

On top of the below par talent coming over in return, the club loses TA? The only wing who currently provides quality contributions. Losing him without any clear plan of who will replace him? I don't like that.

I don't see the virtue of this deal. I think this trade would make the team worse in many different ways. I wouldn't be willing to make this deal.