Author Topic: Celtics (27-3) at Warriors (8-22) 12/26  (Read 29360 times)

Re: Celtics (27-3) at Warriors (8-22) 12/26
« Reply #120 on: December 27, 2008, 10:45:39 AM »

Offline Jaycelt

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 7

Rondo played like crap for the second game in a row.

11/10/9 part was good, the 7 TO's, not so much.

It wasn't just his turnovers, it was his decision making.  He wasn't getting the ball to the right player in the right situations.  He was guilty of what Doc always calls "the hero shot" way to often.  On one breakaway situation he actually ran into the ball carrier (Ray or Tony I believe) from behind!

Pierce was hot in the first half but only got 6 shots (really 5 - the 6th being a last second heave to end the half) and barely saw the ball in the second besides playing for the vast majority of the half.
That's mainly on Rondo.

« Reply #121 on: December 27, 2008, 11:09:42 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

Rondo played like crap for the second game in a row.

11/10/9 part was good, the 7 TO's, not so much.

It wasn't just his turnovers, it was his decision making.  He wasn't getting the ball to the right player in the right situations.  He was guilty of what Doc always calls "the hero shot" way to often.  On one breakaway situation he actually ran into the ball carrier (Ray or Tony I believe) from behind!

Pierce was hot in the first half but only got 6 shots (really 5 - the 6th being a last second heave to end the half) and barely saw the ball in the second besides playing for the vast majority of the half.
That's mainly on Rondo.

I don't know if one had anything to do with the other, but Ray had his head up his butt all night too.
Yup

« Reply #122 on: December 27, 2008, 11:18:50 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I agree with Jaycelt. There was a point last night when Powe, Rondo and House were the three players with more shots attempted.

« Reply #123 on: December 27, 2008, 11:37:44 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I don't like how Doc played a small line up.  You can't cater to the Warriors. They should be played the same way as the Knicks.  Go inside, go inside, go inside.  What was with the lineup of Rondo, Ray, Tony, Eddie and KG?  That's when the C's were losing their lead.

« Reply #124 on: December 27, 2008, 11:39:00 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
What was with Ray tonight? just terrible and no composure

your kidding right?

when even donny "no official is ever wrong, please make me a national announcer" marshal starts commenting that a certain offical has it in for you and is calling ticker tack fouls to get you tossed, its trouble.

Ray was fine tonight, 3 of his fouls (including the last 3 in a row) were crap calls.

I mean, what did you want him to do, not play defense or drive on offense for fear of Mr. Wood and his whistle?

The problem was the lackadsical bench play (again) and lack of any size in the middle. Its these games where we see how much we need a back up big to enforce the paint when perks out.

teams are well aware we are undersized inside once perk goes to the bench.

tp for your post...as much as i like Powe and BBD(sometimes),they are just not long enough.It is really showing up  what is needed,length.