Author Topic: Pick a Player Over/Under Points Game  (Read 4539063 times)

Re: Pick a Player Over/Under Points Game
« Reply #17835 on: April 18, 2014, 09:25:48 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
1 TP owed to TZT

« Reply #17836 on: April 18, 2014, 09:30:21 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
1 TP owed to TZT

Alll paid up....nice job and thank you for this year

Re: Pick a Player Over/Under Points Game Playoffs-OPEN TO ALL!!!
« Reply #17837 on: April 18, 2014, 09:38:23 AM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 2746
  • 2012 PAPTBG & 2013 PAPOUG CHAMPION

PAPOUG!

2014 PLAYOFFS

33-00-32
Misha
Humble G
slamtheking
Cletus1985
GreenFaith1819
Redz
Mgent
thirstyboots18
eja117
Truck Lewis
RebusRankin
ACF
Edgar
Bahku
BassThumper
dark_lord
Timdawgg

RED color indicates a confirmed playoff participant.
BLUE color indicates that no response has been received.
BROWN color indicates a confirmed playoff non-participant

I have some thoughts on how to do this but to work best we would need at least 8 players (currently we have 5). I would think we would need to get this decided fairly soon in order to allow everyone ample time to make their choices. I think in the awareness of time I will allow until 8 am (EST) tomorrow (Friday, April 18) for all of the above to reply with their choice of in or out. At that point I will try to come up with a plan that works for all of us that are in and post it here by Noon (EST) tomorrow. I will also PM all comfirmed participants letting them know where things are at and then we will all need to react quickly. Stay tuned.

Still only have 5 players. I have sent out some additional invites but they didn't reply the first time so I'm not sure if they will this time. I still want to get this done by Noon. I think I'll open this up to any member of the forums...Is there anyone who would like to play?
G:Kemba,Payton,Hairston,Henderson,Lin
F:Parker,MKG,Budinger,Mirotic,Salmons
C:R.Lopez,Biyombo,Hickson
Coach: Shaka Smart
Rights to: Bog Bog

« Reply #17838 on: April 18, 2014, 01:59:13 PM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff

PAPOUG!

2014 PLAYOFFS

33-00-32 - Brooklyn Nets (should be fun)
Humble G - TBD
slamtheking - TBD
GreenFaith1819 - TBD
Mgent - TBD

So it looks like there are only going to be 5 of us, epic fail on my part, sorry. Here's what I'm thinking to keep this going throughout the playoffs and more of a game. TP's will be awarded throughout. If anyone has any questions based on below let me know, I'm just firing from the hip with this.

Ist round NBA 16 teams - Our seeding round (no eliminations). We each choose a team and from each game they play, choose a player to use to represent us. We will have a cumulative total and when the round is over the player with the most cumulative points will get the first choice (highest seed) in the next round. You may only use a player once per series but you could play the same team each round if it works out that way. The listing above is the seeding for the 1st round (me #1....MGent #5) once I have selected my team (done Brooklyn) then Humble G, can select, then slam, etc.... Once you have your team feel free to announce your player at anytime but make sure it is before the game tips off. It would also help if you listed the player's average.

2nd round - NBA Conference semi finals -  8 teams - Our head to head seeding round (single team eliminated). Same as 1st round except the team with the worst score in round 2 will be eliminated. Reseeding will be done based on the results of this round.

3rd round - NBA Conference finals -  4 teams - We will play head to head and it will be matchup wins (cumulative points tie-breaker) that decide  our finalists (two teams eliminated). We will play head to head with #1 seeds player vs. #4 seeds player in each game of the series with each player only being eligible to be used once per series. The winner will be awarded a point (.5 point in a tie) and these points will be tallied until the series is over at which time most points wins. If the points are tied at that time it will come down to total over/under points as the tiebreaker.

4th round - NBA Finals -  2 teams - Same as 3rd round with seeding staying the same as it was in the 3rd round.

« Reply #17839 on: April 18, 2014, 03:39:53 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
Sorry i cant make it fancy right now...but i will take Golden State Warriors

« Reply #17840 on: April 18, 2014, 03:42:57 PM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
Sorry i cant make it fancy right now...but i will take Golden State Warriors
I'll take care of the fancy around here Mister, hahahaha!!

JK, thanks for getting your pick in. They were right near the top of my choices too.

« Reply #17841 on: April 18, 2014, 03:43:36 PM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff

PAPOUG!

2014 PLAYOFFS

Humble G - Golden State Warriors
slamtheking - TBD
GreenFaith1819 - TBD
Mgent - TBD

So it looks like there are only going to be 5 of us, epic fail on my part, sorry. Here's what I'm thinking to keep this going throughout the playoffs and more of a game. TP's will be awarded throughout. If anyone has any questions based on below let me know, I'm just firing from the hip with this.

Ist round NBA 16 teams - Our seeding round (no eliminations). We each choose a team and from each game they play, choose a player to use to represent us. We will have a cumulative total and when the round is over the player with the most cumulative points will get the first choice (highest seed) in the next round. You may only use a player once per series but you could play the same team each round if it works out that way. The listing above is the seeding for the 1st round (me #1....MGent #5) once I have selected my team (done Brooklyn) then Humble G, can select, then slam, etc.... Once you have your team feel free to announce your player at anytime but make sure it is before the game tips off. It would also help if you listed the player's average.

2nd round - NBA Conference semi finals -  8 teams - Our head to head seeding round (single team eliminated). Same as 1st round except the team with the worst score in round 2 will be eliminated. Reseeding will be done based on the results of this round.

3rd round - NBA Conference finals -  4 teams - We will play head to head and it will be matchup wins (cumulative points tie-breaker) that decide  our finalists (two teams eliminated). We will play head to head with #1 seeds player vs. #4 seeds player in each game of the series with each player only being eligible to be used once per series. The winner will be awarded a point (.5 point in a tie) and these points will be tallied until the series is over at which time most points wins. If the points are tied at that time it will come down to total over/under points as the tiebreaker.

4th round - NBA Finals -  2 teams - Same as 3rd round with seeding staying the same as it was in the 3rd round.

« Reply #17842 on: April 18, 2014, 03:48:54 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I'll take the Spurs for round 1

« Reply #17843 on: April 18, 2014, 03:50:43 PM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff

PAPOUG!

2014 PLAYOFFS

Humble G - Golden State Warriors
slamtheking - San Antonio Spurs
GreenFaith1819 - TBD
Mgent - TBD

« Reply #17844 on: April 18, 2014, 06:08:41 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Can I choose my team now?

Think I'm going with CHI.

« Reply #17845 on: April 18, 2014, 07:39:15 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I guess I'll go with Dallas.  Am I supposed to pick now too?
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #17846 on: April 18, 2014, 07:53:13 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
first pick  Spurs, Tim Duncan   15.1

« Reply #17847 on: April 19, 2014, 09:14:32 AM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff

PAPOUG!

2014 PLAYOFFS

33-00-32 - Brooklyn Nets, Paul "The Truth" Pierce: 13.5
Humble G - Golden State Warriors, TBD:
slamtheking - San Antonio Spurs, Tim Duncan: 15.1
GreenFaith1819 - Chicago Bulls, TBD:
mgent - Dallas Mavericks, TBD:

MAKE YOUR PICKS ANYTIME BEFORE YOUR GAME STARTS. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE HIGHER SEED TO MAKE THEIR PICK WHEN PICKING A PLAYER.

« Reply #17848 on: April 19, 2014, 10:22:39 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

PAPOUG!

2014 PLAYOFFS

Humble G - Golden State Warriors, TBD:
mgent - Dallas Mavericks, Brandan Wright:  9.1

MAKE YOUR PICKS ANYTIME BEFORE YOUR GAME STARTS. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE HIGHER SEED TO MAKE THEIR PICK WHEN PICKING A PLAYER.

Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #17849 on: April 19, 2014, 11:00:28 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton

PAPOUG!

2014 PLAYOFFS

Humble G - Golden State Warriors, Marreese Speights: 6.4:
mgent - Dallas Mavericks, Brandan Wright:  9.1