Author Topic: One game at a time...  (Read 2146 times)

One game at a time...
« on: December 23, 2008, 06:41:52 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Doc tells a reporter that he has yet to hear any of his players talk about the streak and he's pretty sure they don't know the exact number of it....  Also that him and his staff have not even talked to the players yet about the Laker game yet and wont until after tonight's game.

This is exactly what I wanted to hear, Doc knows what to say I wonder if it's true.

I have not watched any post game press conferences you would think the reporters would be in the players ears askin question about the streaks anyone have anything to add to this or hear anyone say anything about it?

Re: One game at a time...
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 01:12:13 AM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
Rondo, Perkins, and Powe really appreciate this after that unspeakable other streak suffered just two years ago. Already, I hear the pundits on ESPN talking in terms of this team having a shot at the Bulls record (72-10). The root cause of this is locking down top seed and HCA throughout the Playoffs. A lot of this will be driven by what Orlando, Cleveland, and to a lesser extent LA Lakers do.

Watching the Celtics is a Joy rather than a Chore.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

Re: One game at a time...
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 01:23:12 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Celtics need to remember that Houston won 22 in a row last year, and didn't even get out of the first round of the playoffs.

I'm sure the players know the streak. They would have to be like the main character in Memento to forget. They are constantly told the number in interviews and they watch other NBA broadcasts that mention it. Pierce jokes about it on WEEI. They know, but they don't want to view anything but another championship as an accomplishment.