Author Topic: Anthony Randolph  (Read 7559 times)

Anthony Randolph
« on: December 20, 2008, 07:10:10 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Don Nelson has apparently soured on Anthony Randolph and has told him to seek a trade.  Now there's a kid who might be worth something.  He's raw (left LSU after his Freshman year and probably should have stayed at least one more year), but he's 6-11 and very athletic.

I wonder what it would take for the Celtics to get him.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 07:22:22 PM by Brickowski »

Re: Anthony Randolph
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 07:13:52 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Don Nelson has appartently soured on Anthony Randolph and has told him to seek a trade.  Now there's a kid who might be worth something.  He's raw (left LSU after his Freshman year and probably should have stayed at least one more year), but he's 6-11 and very athletic.

There's no one on the C's bench that's good enough for us to get Randolph, unfortunately. Kid's got lots of potential.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 07:27:26 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
any link?

I had heard they were not looking to move him (in the Raymond Felton trade rumors...)

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 07:31:56 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Don Nelson has appartently soured on Anthony Randolph and has told him to seek a trade.  Now there's a kid who might be worth something.  He's raw (left LSU after his Freshman year and probably should have stayed at least one more year), but he's 6-11 and very athletic.

There's no one on the C's bench that's good enough for us to get Randolph, unfortunately. Kid's got lots of potential.

Not even Leon Powe?  Yes, I know the salaries don't match, but I bet if there were any team that would "pay" more for Powe it would be GSW since Powe is a local kid and is such a great feel good story--

(Powe+Giddens for Randolph+GSW 2nd rounder)
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 07:38:02 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I think Randolph would command more than Powe and Giddens... and Powe would be far more beneficial to the C's than Randolph for the next 2 years or so.

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 07:46:36 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
Powe would be far more beneficial to the C's than Randolph for the next 2 years or so.

Oh, I agree.  I suggested the trade based on what I thought would be fair value.  But I prefer keeping Powe as well.  Randolph seems made for Nellie's system (which seems designed for wispy offensively-gifted players who can get up and down the court), and it is a bad sign that Nellie doesn't want him.  Furthermore, I don't want the Cs signing any more Nellie castaways (POB is enough).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 07:55:55 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Randolph is definitely intriguing, he has quite a diverse package of skills.  I'd like to seem get some minutes and develop on a bad team for a couple years.  Somewhere like...Golden State!  I really can't figure out Nelson.  Have you noticed Belinelli's numbers the last few games?  Nelson basically declared him the savior right after drafting him, then he didn't get off the bench for 2 years.  Now he's starting and scored in the high 20's the last couple games.  I don't think Nelson knows what he's doing as far as playing time and trades/drafts.  He won't play Wright who is a stud, he signed Maggette for huge money and now wants to trade him.  He just doesn't seem to have a ryhme or reason for his actions.

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 08:14:05 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
Randolph is definitely intriguing, he has quite a diverse package of skills.  I'd like to seem get some minutes and develop on a bad team for a couple years.  Somewhere like...Golden State!  I really can't figure out Nelson.  Have you noticed Belinelli's numbers the last few games?  Nelson basically declared him the savior right after drafting him, then he didn't get off the bench for 2 years.  Now he's starting and scored in the high 20's the last couple games.  I don't think Nelson knows what he's doing as far as playing time and trades/drafts.  He won't play Wright who is a stud, he signed Maggette for huge money and now wants to trade him.  He just doesn't seem to have a ryhme or reason for his actions.

Yeah, but Chris Mullin is also largely to blame.  I agree that there is a lot of talent on the team, but it seems like there is no clue about how to use that talent.  Probably a good move would be to combine some of the young guys with one of the bigger salaried guys to try to get a really good player back.  The starting lineup is a collection of good but not great guys, and they need to upgrade that aspect of the team first (actually, having Monta Ellis back should help).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 08:23:53 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I'm not even sure Mullin is calling the shots right now. Overall, I think Mullin has done his job in surrounding the coach with people he can use in his style.

They made the playoffs two years ago, and performed well there. They were also good last year, the West was simply loaded. And this year, well, as I said... I can't tell how much Mullin had to do with the moves they made, and missing Monta hurt them quite a bit (and Baron leaving).

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 08:56:01 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Powe is one of the bright spots on this bench.

Why you'd want to move him for a questionable, totally unproven player like Randolph escapes me. We don't have enough quality on the bench to even contemplate moving Powe.

Nelson was dead on about the last player he soured on that ended up in Green. I certainly have no interest in moving Powe to take another chance on outguessing him.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 09:17:49 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Don Nelson has apparently soured on Anthony Randolph and has told him to seek a trade.  Now there's a kid who might be worth something.  He's raw (left LSU after his Freshman year and probably should have stayed at least one more year), but he's 6-11 and very athletic.

It would most likely take them being a team with a lottery pick next year.

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2008, 10:51:06 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
He should be traded for a D-League team. Bad, bad player. No way I'd trade Powe for this guy.

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2008, 11:23:38 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Well, here's the link for folks who asked:
http://www.realgm.net/src_wiretap_archives/56096/20081220/report_nellie_tells_randolph_to_seek_trade/

There's no question that right now Randolph isn't good enough to take minutes away from Patrick O'Bryant.  He's a guy you send to the D league for awhile. But he has the tools to be a good player. 

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2008, 11:30:13 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
Powe is one of the bright spots on this bench.

Why you'd want to move him for a questionable, totally unproven player like Randolph escapes me. We don't have enough quality on the bench to even contemplate moving Powe.

Nelson was dead on about the last player he soured on that ended up in Green. I certainly have no interest in moving Powe to take another chance on outguessing him.

I *don't* want to move Powe for Randolph, as I noted above.  I was merely suggesting that, in fact, the Cs do have tradeable assets that other teams value.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2008, 11:46:41 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GAtyNm8vnE

Randolph says send Yao Ming to the D-League.

EDIT - K.G. Never would've gotten a tech in that situation.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 12:08:17 AM by The Walker Wiggle »