Author Topic: Euroleague headsup!  (Read 4299 times)

Euroleague headsup!
« on: December 20, 2008, 01:46:10 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
In case anyone want to ck out Josh Childress playing at this moment Olympacos vs Cibona is on NBA.tv.So far he hasn't look that good(imo). 
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 02:31:32 PM by housecall »

Re: Euroleague headsup!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 02:15:49 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Cibona is one of the best teams in the league, the underdogs too. At home they are close to unbeateable. Josh is still getting used to the "euro" ball.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 02:20:52 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
At the moment Cib. is getting spanked 84 to 56 fourth quarter with 6 minutes left to play.

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 02:30:54 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
Olympiacos does have a star pg name Papaloukas(sp),but he looks 40ish.Final score was 93 to 64 Olympacos winning it.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 03:13:25 PM by housecall »

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 02:57:26 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Papaloukas isn't their star.  Olympiakos is absolutely loaded.  In addition to Childress, they have Nikola Vujcic, one of the best big men in Europe, Sofoklis Schortsanitis ("Baby Shaq"), Lynn Greer and Arvydas Macijauskas, one of the best shooters in the world.  A kid like Yotam Halperin, who is the best player ever to come out of Israel and at one time was projected as an NBA first round draft choice, can't even crack the first unit.

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 03:09:13 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
Papaloukas isn't their star.  Olympiakos is absolutely loaded.  In addition to Childress, they have Nikola Vujcic, one of the best big men in Europe, Sofoklis Schortsanitis ("Baby Shaq"), Lynn Greer and Arvydas Macijauskas, one of the best shooters in the world.  A kid like Yotam Halperin, who is the best player ever to come out of Israel and at one time was projected as an NBA first round draft choice, can't even crack the first unit.

Brick it was my first time ever watching a entire euro game.You are right they are loaded,where Josh is  a role player,but in garbage time he played a lot better.Also thanks for the correct spelling of their star's name,tp to you.

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 01:12:49 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
This game was last Wednesday, I was kind of confused when I read the thread first.

Yeah, Childress is for Olympiacos what he was for Atlanta, a role-player that brings energy and defense. He can't shoot to save his life; terrible contract for Olympiacos.

I think Olympiacos won't win anything at all, they're too dependent on their bigs now that Papaloukas is completely washed up. Teams like Barcelona and CSKA are much stronger; even Panathinaikos it's fairly better than them, I think.