Author Topic: Celtics have had discussions with Robert Horry  (Read 8774 times)

Re: Celtics have had discussions with Robert Horry
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 09:50:26 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I told you there was conversation between the Celtics and Horry, or else you wouldn't see a published article stating that Horry hasn't "ruled out" the Celtics. That very fact means he's considered playing for us and has done some research directly with the Celtics to see if they'd want him and if they do, how he'd fit in.

There was an article about three months ago that Sam Cassell had talked to Horry about joining the Celtics.  We have no idea how up to date this conjecture is.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2009, 09:52:34 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
It seems that Danny is working on several fronts:

"Boston is shopping to upgrade the bench, especially up front. Brown is a possibility as a second-half addition again. Robert Horry – after previously saying he would consider playing only for the Spurs, Rockets or Mavericks because they are likely playoff teams close to his Houston home or Orlando because he could take his kids to Disney World – has not ruled out the Celtics."

http://www.sacbee.com/kings/story/1511744.html

How is Brown still a possibility?
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2009, 09:54:30 AM »

Offline TradeProposalDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 56
I told you there was conversation between the Celtics and Horry, or else you wouldn't see a published article stating that Horry hasn't "ruled out" the Celtics. That very fact means he's considered playing for us and has done some research directly with the Celtics to see if they'd want him and if they do, how he'd fit in.

There was an article about three months ago that Sam Cassell had talked to Horry about joining the Celtics.  We have no idea how up to date this conjecture is.
I didn't know about that. Honestly, though, I have to give my buddy a call. He's usually pretty busy and reserved, so I'll leave a text for him to call me back and update me on stuff if he hears anything. There seems to be a lot of dialogue going on between teams which means his guess is as good as ours at this point.

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2009, 10:19:26 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
not what we need, we need length and he's not really that big.

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2009, 10:29:57 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
Well Posey is basically the current day Horry (a hard playing long wing who can shoot and play the PF), so in theory - if he can still play - it could work...

but after that Nash play....well let's just say i am not his biggest fan...i also thought he was pretty cheap-shotty in the Hornet series last year.

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2009, 10:37:38 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
ugh...why'd posey leave us  ::)
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2009, 10:47:16 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Well Posey is basically the current day Horry (a hard playing long wing who can shoot and play the PF), so in theory - if he can still play - it could work...

but after that Nash play....well let's just say i am not his biggest fan...i also thought he was pretty cheap-shotty in the Hornet series last year.

After that Nash play, I became a bigger fan.  Nash spent the whole series before that flopping and whining and getting away with it like he always does.  Nash even flopped on that hip check and made it look a lot worse than it was.  Nash deserved worst after that ridiculous flop after Bowen's "knee".

I'd 10 times rather have the corpse of Horry on my roster than foxhole Marbury in his prime.  Horry is a champion.

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2009, 10:48:41 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
ugh...why'd posey leave us  ::)

cheap, cheap, cheap.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson