Author Topic: Can the Celtics beat the Hawks in Atlanta? (YES, they did.)  (Read 14032 times)

Re: Can the Celtics beat the Hawks in Atlanta?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 04:59:21 PM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
I'm sure the C's feel a tad embarresed by their performance on the road in the first two rounds of the playoffs, so we should see them come out of the blocks fast to try and prove they can beat the hawks in A-town.

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2008, 05:07:08 PM »

Offline POBstuntin

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 17
???

Atlanta is not that good. 

The only reason the Celtics lost on the road last year in the playoffs to them three times is because they didn't play defense on the road early in the playoffs. 

You think they might want to go play in Atlanta now and take care of that? 

Also, last year the Celtics beat them in Atlanta when Atlanta was trying to get into the playoffs by 10 points. 

Way to much overreacting to hype in the NBA. 
I disagree with "they are not that good",after watching them beat the Cavs,i know the C was out for the Cavs to,but they have given everyone they've played a good game this season so far.They are more athletic than we are,and sometimes that can be a bigger problem than usual.Also their bench is much stronger this year.Im not saying they will beat us,but i wouldn't take them lightly.

So you think they are so good we should ask if the Celtics can beat them in Atlanta? 

If the Celtics are on their game, they will beat Atlanta.  No questions asked. 

That's why they beat them so badly in Boston every game last year.

Exactly Wide load, the burden of proving ourselves is over.  The hawk fans should be debating this on their board.  We should be the favorites in almost every situation.  I say almost every situation because if the monsters from Space Jam  come back we'd be at least 12 point dogs.

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 05:38:05 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Probably Not? Ha ha ha

Let me guess if they stopped the Cavs they've got to beat the Celtics? I don't know in what Era, World, or Universe that the 08-09 Celtics come in as underdogs to the Atlanta Hawks. Whatever it is It's definitely not this one.

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 05:42:16 PM »

Offline sinbad

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 56
Isn't it interesting that all the experts could talk about last year in the playoffs was how Boston couldn't win on the road. Well a fact check early this year shows us why. Cleveland and Atlanta are a combined 21-1 at home this year.

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2008, 06:57:38 PM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
We will win in Atlanta and not just barely! The C's will win by more then 8, that is my prediction anyway. Right now the Celtics are playing fantastic ball and payback is definitely on their minds. Ray and Paul both have huge games and Rondo seals the deal.

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2008, 07:49:23 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
The Celtics CAN beat anyone anywhere. They are the best team in the NBA. If your question is will they win this next game against them, then I would say yes. This will be a huge statement game for us and you know we will be coming out to prove that we are the better squad. I am predicting a 10 pt win. Hard fought close one for much of the game, but we pull away mid fourth quarter.

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2008, 08:25:54 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Of course they can. They can beat any team in the NBA in any venue.

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2008, 08:39:47 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
They better, because I'm sitting right under the basket nearest the C's bench and plan on being very obnoxious.

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2008, 11:21:55 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
What...? Why can't we beat them in Atlanta? We beat a lot tougher teams then them on their homecourt.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2008, 08:17:19 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Silly question, IMO.
Let's move on.

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2008, 10:50:59 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Probably Not.

But the good thing is the Lakers have 2 back-to backs b4 christmas with the 2nd games being the Magic and Hornets. The Lakers will prolly be 25-4 and the Celtics will only have 3 losses. :D

This is an excellent point.  Elite teams typically have trouble on the road against middling teams during the regular season...you also forgot to mention the dominance of Mike Bibby against our in-over-his-head point guard Rajon Rondo.

You should really read what you write before posting.  A lot of your posts make you seem like a troll.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2008, 12:24:44 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
???

The only reason the Celtics lost on the road last year in the playoffs to them three times is because they didn't play defense on the road early in the playoffs. 

Also, last year the Celtics beat them in Atlanta when Atlanta was trying to get into the playoffs by 10 points. 

I disagree with "they are not that good",after watching them beat the Cavs,i know the C was out for the Cavs to,but they have given everyone they've played a good game this season so far.They are more athletic than we are,and sometimes that can be a bigger problem than usual.Also their bench is much stronger this year.Im not saying they will beat us,but i wouldn't take them lightly.

Beware of making judgments off of single games.

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2008, 08:51:20 PM »

Offline thedawg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
Why shouldn´t the hottst team in the leage being able to beat Atlanta away despite losing in the playoffs 3x to them last year?? It will make things harder if Pierce is carrying an injury let alone not playing, but we can win nevertheless. I actually can see us beating all the teams before we go to LA to take on the Lakers.  I believe our first loss is  possibly going to be against the Lakers but lots of things can happen.
In Danny Ainge I Trust!

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2008, 09:29:02 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
???

Beware of making judgments off of single games.
Im not basing anything on 1 game,read the entire post. The Cavs game was the last of several  Hawks games  this season ive watched and they are playing with a lot of confidence and chemistry  of late.I did say in my original post "im not saying they will beat us"...didnt you read that part?Don't just read one thing in a post  and omit the rest.

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2008, 09:32:43 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
That Hawks team is just too dominant.  Can't see our boys having a chance in this one.

;)

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.