Author Topic: Hornets (12-6) at Celtics (21-2) 12/12  (Read 33449 times)

Re: Hornets (12-6) at Celtics (21-2) 12/12
« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2008, 10:47:23 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Our next game is going to be a tough one. We seem to never play well against Utah. I think they match up with us the best out of any team in the league.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2008, 10:49:14 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Paul was Paul but rondo definitely held his own. Man i wish one day rondo would just dominate paul. I would love to see a new orleans vs celtics playoff match

« Reply #122 on: December 12, 2008, 10:50:01 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
14 in a row! This is crazy. We're like on a whole 'nother level from everybody else.

Nah, cavs are right there with a 10 game winning streak, and I believe 19-3
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #123 on: December 12, 2008, 10:50:17 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
We all know how much I love Rajon, but this game shows how much room for improvement he has.  Paul is the best PG in the last 5 years, and Rajon's numbers are way down.

Agreed, although I don't think he got some calls he would if he was being guarded by someone like a Calderon, but thats the NBA. I did like that he didn't let it get to him and played solid defense on Paul. Will he ever be as good as Paul, no. But DJ didn't have to be as good as Magic.  ;)

Now i dont see any of horrible Rondo play everyone is talking about in the 3rd, 4th! to me it looked like the Hornets were taking away Rondo's game by filling up the lane' and that the Celtics were going to other options.

Now i didnt see the first 2 qtr's but from the last two' i think it would have been different if Rondo' was playing as the man as CP3 is currently, there's other options on the floor and it seemed like looking at what the Hornets did Rondo was by far the worst possible option of the team.

And i dont see that as a weakness' i see it as team stregth
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #124 on: December 12, 2008, 10:50:53 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Paul was Paul but rondo definitely held his own. Man i wish one day rondo would just dominate paul. I would love to see a new orleans vs celtics playoff match

He actually gave cp3 nightmares last year, and pretty much did dominate him in the 2nd meeting last year
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #125 on: December 12, 2008, 10:52:26 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Lastly wanted to say i feel bad for Posey. He might be wearing a new orleans jersey but his soul belongs with the big three and the rest of the guys. He was the only one in the 2nd half scrapping for every inch

« Reply #126 on: December 12, 2008, 10:54:09 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
So we've played 6 teams in the top ten record wise and have beaten 5 (Cleveland, Orlando, Portland, New Orleans and Houston). That's pretty impressive.

Cleveland has played 4 and is 2-2 (They lost to us and New Orleans), while beating Denver and Utah.

« Reply #127 on: December 12, 2008, 10:54:58 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

He actually gave cp3 nightmares last year, and pretty much did dominate him in the 2nd meeting last year

no kidding eh?? i don't remember. but lets be honest out of 4 times rondo might have one better game than him. Its alot to ask from rondo but if he can drive at full speed and learn to pop for a jumper in one motion , he will be then the ultimate pg, no question.

« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2008, 10:56:28 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
We all know how much I love Rajon, but this game shows how much room for improvement he has.  Paul is the best PG in the last 5 years, and Rajon's numbers are way down.

Agreed, although I don't think he got some calls he would if he was being guarded by someone like a Calderon, but thats the NBA. I did like that he didn't let it get to him and played solid defense on Paul. Will he ever be as good as Paul, no. But DJ didn't have to be as good as Magic.  ;)

Now i dont see any of horrible Rondo play everyone is talking about in the 3rd, 4th! to me it looked like the Hornets were taking away Rondo's game by filling up the lane' and that the Celtics were going to other options.

Now i didnt see the first 2 qtr's but from the last two' i think it would have been different if Rondo' was playing as the man as CP3 is currently, there's other options on the floor and it seemed like looking at what the Hornets did Rondo was by far the worst possible option of the team.

He didn't play horribly, it was just that he didn't capitalize on some of the moments he had. I thought he had a solid game, but the point the OP made was that watching him play Paul, you could see what an Elite point can do to Rondo and that he still had room to grow. I agree that Rondo has room to grow, but there were definite positives from tonight. His vision was excellent, he hustled and was unafraid of the jumper. The negatives were that he forced his shots in the post and that he gambled a little too much on CP3. A solid game against a great PG, just room for improvement.

« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2008, 12:17:22 AM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
i thought rondo was afraid or not confident enough to attack paul at all early on. didnt matter in the end though. hehehe. this is so much fun. i love beating byron scott. HE'S A LAKER. a filthy gross laker. he's coaching the hornets and he even says he'll always be a laker. saying something like that is ... well.. lakerish. he's got that "I'M A CHAMPION" i know what it takes to win egotistical aura about him that someone like danny ainge never carried around w/him as a coach or gm. sorry. any opportunity for me to hate on anything lakers.

« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2008, 12:44:08 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics

He didn't play horribly, it was just that he didn't capitalize on some of the moments he had. I thought he had a solid game, but the point the OP made was that watching him play Paul, you could see what an Elite point can do to Rondo and that he still had room to grow. I agree that Rondo has room to grow, but there were definite positives from tonight. His vision was excellent, he hustled and was unafraid of the jumper. The negatives were that he forced his shots in the post and that he gambled a little too much on CP3. A solid game against a great PG, just room for improvement.

Yeah, I'm not saying he played horrible.  He orchestrated the superior team tonight.  I was just wishing that he would show out over Paul so the All-Star hype would gain some momentum.  They're are few players that are as quick as Rondo, and for now when he matches up with them his numbers and play go down. 

I think 5 years down the line this matchup might be one of the best in the league.  Right now Rajon is just clearly behind the best PG in the league, nothing that is his fault.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."