Author Topic: Question in regards to darius miles...what would Red have done?  (Read 3349 times)

Question in regards to darius miles...what would Red have done?
« on: December 11, 2008, 06:30:17 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
i was pondering the small amount of time that we had darius miles the other day, just out of the blue...and i asked myself, "what would red have done with miles?" now when i asked myself this question, i wasn't thinking about miles as a player for the celtics, but rather was thinking in regards to either A. keeping him 10 games in order to hurt the blazers cap and limit a young and talented team from adding more pieces to a playoff puzzle, or B. use darius miles and the threat of the hit on the blazers cap space to force a trade with Portland for a player that is a smaller piece of their puzzle, but still a decent role player none the less. it just baffles me that we didn't do either of these with darius...i think red would have.

interesting to think about anyways...i know this is pretty random coming up right now haha, but i was just thinking about it and wanted to get it out of my brain lol...

Re: Question in regards to darius miles...what would Red have done?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 06:34:23 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
you dont burn potential bridges with teams for a 'smaller piece of the puzzle'.

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 06:37:09 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
You're funny. There are too many uptight people here, its nice to see someone being sarcastic hopefully you won't be harassed like i was.

I wouldn't mind holding Blazers hostage just to receive one of their young gunz in a trade. lol
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 06:49:10 PM by Change »

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 07:02:23 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
hahahaha  ;D  it's sad, but that's the way i probably woulda handled things if i was a GM! i just thought it was funny lol...i'm sure the league would step in and intervene somehow...david stern is always ruining everyone's fun haha

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 07:04:51 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
and it wouldn't be as straightforward as that...obviously, you make it look like you genuinely want darius around the team, send him to the D league for a while, and it just happens that you're using his contract as leverage in potential trade talks for a guy like pryzbilla or something...heh heh...

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 07:07:44 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
hahahaha  ;D  it's sad, but that's the way i probably woulda handled things if i was a GM! i just thought it was funny lol...i'm sure the league would step in and intervene somehow...david stern is always ruining everyone's fun haha

You are cold blooded!  LOL

If the team were the Lakers, then I'd buy Red doing something like this to them. ;D  But I'm not sure he'd do it to any team.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 07:16:09 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
lol i guess i am a bit coldblooded! i'd be a very cut throat businessman. it's probably a good thing i dropped out of business management classes and decided to study psychology...

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 08:04:06 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
You're funny. There are too many uptight people here, its nice to see someone being sarcastic hopefully you won't be harassed like i was.

I wouldn't mind holding Blazers hostage just to receive one of their young gunz in a trade. lol

You weren't harassed.  Nobody agreed with you, that's all.  There's a difference between being harassed and being told you're wrong.

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 11:24:33 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
The original post is pointless without specifying who you would have cut to keep Miles. Without clarifying that, there is no point in discussing this.

I think Red would have cut him for not being ready to play in the NBA. Why would he sacrifice the Celtics by cutting someone who might contribute and who has a guaranteed contract to give money to someone who was unlikely to be activated for any games unless there were major injuries?

I feel bad for Darius though. There is no way for him to get a 10 day contract with a 10 game suspension hanging over his head. They should allow the days he is unsigned to count as his suspension.

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 12:33:59 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
red wouldn't have touched him...he would have wondered why he beats himself in the head all the time, probably seeing that as a sign of drain bamage...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."