Author Topic: Lakers at Kings  (Read 7360 times)

Lakers at Kings
« on: December 09, 2008, 10:00:47 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
After the mild success of my Raptors at Cavaliers game thread thingy, i thought i might aswell try and see if someone else were taking a peak at the Lakers game tonight.

As last time hit me up with what you think about the Lakers if your watching the game and how it relates to the Celtics
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

Re: Lakers at Kings
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 10:20:07 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
So far the Laker defense is living up to the reputation they have built over the last 5 games.

Sacramento score 15 in 5 minutes? even though they are closing out to the 3 point line, they still dont defend the trey well enough to be on par with Cleveland and the Celtics and guess what? they are being out rebounded early! did someone say SOFT BIGMEN?!?!?!?!?
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 10:32:04 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
Trailing by 11 and allmost at the 2nd qtr, Ariza had an impact as soon as he hit the floor on the defensive end as compared to Rad' he actualy has the will to fight though the screens

And also good to see Kobe miss a layup and instead of going back on the defensive end stands still under the basket and argues with the ref's witch leads to a Kings fastbreak
- Classic Kobe

- Larry Bird

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 10:38:11 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
Down 5 at the end of the 1st and its starting to look better for the Lakers on both ends of the floor with Kobe, Rad and Fisher on the bench.

Still seem to have problems adjusting defensively to when teams push the ball up the floor, witch is good for us (hey rondo)

- Larry Bird

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 11:04:17 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
Half Time and the Lakers are down 51 to 56 to a team on a 8 game loosing streak and it would have been sooooo much worse without great play from the bench and especialy Trevor A. (i mean 10-15 down worse)

If i were a Laker fan, i would want Ariza to start in a bruce bowen type role, they need someone who will hustle and lead the team by example because kobe is playing down to the oporsition and not playing to his normal level.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 11:18:06 PM by Dybdal »

- Larry Bird

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 11:25:25 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
Half Time and the Lakers are down 51 to 56 to a team on a 8 game loosing streak and it would have been sooooo much worse without great play from the bench and especialy Trevor A. (i mean 10-15 down worse)

If i were a Laker fan, i would want Ariza to start in a bruce bowen type role, they need someone who will hustle and lead the team by example because kobe is playing down to the oporsition and not playing to his normal level.

I think the Lakers are thinking of the Celtics while on the court now. It is ruining their concentration.   ;D

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 11:26:12 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
Here's an interresting stat, the Kings are scoring above their season average in the first half against a supposed defensive minded team..

that just conflicts with logic

And here's another, every single Laker starter had a - in the +/- collum for the first half.

- Larry Bird

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 11:30:32 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
2nd half is going on, and the Lakers are falling even more behind and its the same problems for the Lakers.

On the defensive end they keep getting burned on screens going towards the basket where soft(bynum) & softer(gasol) isnt getting anything done and transition defense is still some of the worst ive seen this season.

seem they are going on a run now though but its on Kings turnovers

- Larry Bird

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 11:33:04 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
hahahahaha..

Vlad has a clean dunk but decides to double drible instead, this is just too good to be true.

- Larry Bird

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 11:33:15 PM »

Offline drkalloch

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
Not that I don't love watching the Lakers struggle with crappy teams (nothing delights me more)...but by the looks of things, Cleveland will give us just as much trouble as LA (if not more) in the ECF. They aren't just winning every game-- they are romping, like we did last year. I am still confident, but it will be a real fight for home-court advantage this year and that is something that the C's could really use, especially given Cleveland's unbeaten home record and our struggles on the road in last year's playoffs.
TheKMan.

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 11:36:49 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
This phantom Laker defense hype thing, is getting redicules.

I double dare, no actualy i ultra-mega dare anyone to watch this game and say straight to my face that the Laker defense is even compareble to Cleveland or Bostons

Just to pick out a sitiuation. Salmons burn Kobe on the wing and Kobe's Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing to Gasol because he didnt block the shot.
-Classic Kobe

- Larry Bird

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 11:42:43 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
Steve W' if you read this, would you please take a look at this game tomorrow, i would love to see what more veteran eyes see in this game about this Laker squad because im giggling in my chair at the momment.

- Larry Bird

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 11:42:59 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
Not that I don't love watching the Lakers struggle with crappy teams (nothing delights me more)...but by the looks of things, Cleveland will give us just as much trouble as LA (if not more) in the ECF. They aren't just winning every game-- they are romping, like we did last year. I am still confident, but it will be a real fight for home-court advantage this year and that is something that the C's could really use, especially given Cleveland's unbeaten home record and our struggles on the road in last year's playoffs.
Celtics did much better on the road after the 1st 2 rounds. By the time the playoss come around I think we will find they will be better on the road.

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 11:48:42 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
So Laker bench is in the game, 2:00 left in the 3rd and its going to be interresting to see if the bench led by Ariza can save the Lakers as they did in the first half.

- Larry Bird

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2008, 11:52:55 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
That would be a stern negative on that one as the Lakers drop down to being down 7 again.

Christmas is comming early this year :)

- Larry Bird