Author Topic: Raptors at Cavaliers  (Read 5434 times)

Re: Raptors at Cavaliers
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 08:12:32 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I've watched a couple of quarters of a couple of games of the Cavs and they really do look impressive. Everything seems to be clicking for them.  Too bad that it'll be a while till we play them again... and I think one of the last games of the season is against them, so that might be an early preview of the playoffs. Interesting enough, all Cav-Celtics games this year look like they'll be televised nationally... probably ESPN.

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 09:06:37 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Cleveland is destroying everybody. Very impressive. It's very interesting to see how the addition of Mo Williams entirely changed the dynamics of that team. Their bigs look 5 years younger.

Am I the only one who thinks that Bosh may be preparing himself to pull a Vince Carter? He seems to have quit. Yesterday, O'Neal, Ilgauskas and Wallace were beating him running the floor. That's unacceptable. Hmm.. what about Bosh + Kapono for Wally + Varejao + Gibson + JJ Hickson + 2 draft picks + cash? They probably can get a better offer.

Funny night of basketball. The San Antonio @ Dallas was a classic. Sometimes I forget how superb is Tim Duncan. Also, what happened to JJ Barea? He's suddenly transformed in a NBA star. Bizarre. And Orlando has lots of clutch players. Very good team, they've perfected the art of playing off of the post.

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 11:05:57 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Cleveland is destroying everybody. Very impressive. It's very interesting to see how the addition of Mo Williams entirely changed the dynamics of that team. Their bigs look 5 years younger.

I still want to see Cleveland show that they can consistently beat good teams.  So far this year, they have been beating up on the bottom-dwellers.  The only really good teams they have played are the Celtics (who they lost to), New Orleans (who they lost to), Dallas (who were in the middle of losing 7 of 9, when they played the Cavs), Denver (they only won by 1 point), Utah (without Williams or Okur), and Detroit (who they lost to).

So while it is absolutely impressive that they have been winning the games that they should be winning, and doing it in convincing fashion, I am not convinced that it will translate to the playoffs.  I still think they were a completely different team in the playoffs last year than they were in the regular season, and this season, they are basically the same as they were in the playoffs last year.

Am I the only one who thinks that Bosh may be preparing himself to pull a Vince Carter? He seems to have quit. Yesterday, O'Neal, Ilgauskas and Wallace were beating him running the floor. That's unacceptable. Hmm.. what about Bosh + Kapono for Wally + Varejao + Gibson + JJ Hickson + 2 draft picks + cash? They probably can get a better offer.

Although I don't think he is purposely shooting his way out of town, I agree that Toronto needs to try to get what they can for Bosh.  I think they should be calling Portland offering up Bosh for Lafrentz, Rudy Fernandez, and Aldridge.  That gives Portland a legit superstar to go alongside Oden and Roy, and it gives Toronto a "poor man's Bosh" they can try to convince to stick around, as well as IMO the best young Euro prospect in the league right now, who would look great in Toronto's up tempo style, and playing next to his national team's star PG.

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 04:35:02 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
Well the Celtics and New Orleans losses were at the very beginning of the year and the Detroit loss was on the back end of a back to back (they were beating Dteroit by double digits in the 3rd when they ran out of gas).

All Celtics fans should be worried about the Cavs.  Their defense is phenomenal this year.  Don't look at final scores since our starters don't play in the 4th quarter this year.  Look at the scores at the end of 3 quarters, before the victory cigar is lit with 12 minutes left to play.

Another reason to worry.....Lebron is only playing 34 minutes a game this year.  He is going to be VERY well rested come playoff time.

Also, the Cavs beat Denver by 1 the night before Denver blew out the Celtics at home.  :)

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 05:15:07 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Well the Celtics and New Orleans losses were at the very beginning of the year and the Detroit loss was on the back end of a back to back (they were beating Dteroit by double digits in the 3rd when they ran out of gas).

All Celtics fans should be worried about the Cavs.  Their defense is phenomenal this year.  Don't look at final scores since our starters don't play in the 4th quarter this year.  Look at the scores at the end of 3 quarters, before the victory cigar is lit with 12 minutes left to play.

Another reason to worry.....Lebron is only playing 34 minutes a game this year.  He is going to be VERY well rested come playoff time.

Also, the Cavs beat Denver by 1 the night before Denver blew out the Celtics at home.  :)

I absolutely agree that the C's should be worried about the Cavs.  I just don't think they should be that much more worried about them than they should have been last year. 

Its not that people are giving the Cavs too much credit for their success this year, it is that they are not giving the Cavs enough credit for how well they played in the playoffs last year.

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 06:26:27 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
So, I wonder after watching another listless performance from Bosh and Calderon -- Does anyone else still want to rip me for calling them both a Sham? 

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2008, 01:46:07 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
I would gladly take both of them on the Cavs