Author Topic: Raptors at Cavaliers  (Read 5431 times)

Raptors at Cavaliers
« on: December 09, 2008, 07:20:43 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Anyone watching the game on NBA tv? with the Celtics having quite the light scheduel this week, i plan on taking a look at some of the contending teams to form an opinon based out of something different then what i read on ESPN.

If anyone's watching, hit me up in this thread with what you think about Cleveland and how they are playing in the game and how it relates to a possible Celtics matchup
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

Re: Raptors at Cavaliers
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 07:28:19 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
Having allready watched a DVD recording of Bucks at Lakers, i can allready say with confidence that there is a momental difference between a real defensive team and a team thats trying to be.

Lakers were not closing out to the three point line, regardless if you dont have a oportunity to bother the shot or block it completly you will see the Cavs and Celtics run to the man even when up by 10-15+ points, the Lakers are not showing the same commitment in my opinion

Big Z' seems to have improved his pick and roll defense aswell.
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 07:39:34 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
On a completly different note, it sounds like NBA tv is running a D-League special on the Utah Flash (when i didnt really get)

- Larry Bird

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 08:14:20 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
On a completly different note, it sounds like NBA tv is running a D-League special on the Utah Flash (when i didnt really get)

Tomorrow at 7:00 p.m.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 08:35:17 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Im watching
The Cavs look unbeatable at home.. and just plain good on both ends of the court
Raptors are an embarrasment
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 08:37:33 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
cleveland and bron are destroying toronto

P.S. Delonte West is my Boy!

22-2 DEMOLITION!!
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 08:57:29 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
One thing i find disturbing from a Celtics stand point, is that this year compared to last year.

The Cavs look confident in their offensive sets with the ball in the hands of a guard and Lebron looks deadly comming off screens towards the basket.

Regardless of what the score is, they are still fighting on the court as if they were down 20

Their Pick and Roll defense with their bigmen are looking alot improved

Lebron is still wicked sick to look at when he's going towards the basket, i cant name more than a few that can jump across the lane, and then mid air switch the basket to your offhand and square your shoulds mid air and swish a teardrop like shot.

- Larry Bird

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 09:09:28 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Very impressive performance from the Cavs. They're destroying teams at the moment.

I'm surprised by how well they're doing this year in the regular season.

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 09:10:17 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
One thing i find disturbing from a Celtics stand point, is that this year compared to last year.

The Cavs look confident in their offensive sets with the ball in the hands of a guard and Lebron looks deadly comming off screens towards the basket.

Regardless of what the score is, they are still fighting on the court as if they were down 20

Lebron is still wicked sick to look at when he's going towards the basket, i cant name more than a few that can jump across the lane, and then mid air switch the basket to your offhand and square your shoulds mid air and swish a teardrop like shot.

Its not that hard to look good against toronto this days
not saying theyre not deserving credits this year
Cs defense will crush everyother Cav not called Lebron or maybe even slow him too.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 09:19:26 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown

Its not that hard to look good against toronto this days
not saying theyre not deserving credits this year
Cs defense will crush everyother Cav not called Lebron or maybe even slow him too.

You are absolutly right about Toronto being disjointed and easy to post a huge lead against but its cant just be Toronto when they keep winning by 10+ points

Dont get me wrong, i hope and belive the Celtics can beat the Cavs or any other team on any given day but this Cav's team of this year are alot more impressive than the one of last year.

I cant wait for the Celtics to face these guys, they give it their all on the court regardless of the sitiuation (not like the Lakers who has coasted the last 5 games) and that i can respect.

- Larry Bird

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 09:25:01 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

22-2 DEMOLITION!!

How come your boy's got 6 points in a 20 point blow out?  ;)

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 09:31:19 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown

22-2 DEMOLITION!!

When watching the game i thought Delonte played well within the Cavs system, he wasnt trying to do too much and was taking his shot when needet.

- Larry Bird

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 09:38:11 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

22-2 DEMOLITION!!

When watching the game i thought Delonte played well within the Cavs system, he wasnt trying to do too much and was taking his shot when needet.

I was poking fun, I saw the 8 assts and 4 steals.

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 09:46:34 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown

22-2 DEMOLITION!!

I was poking fun, I saw the 8 assts and 4 steals.

I thought as much, havnt seen the boxscore but he did play well against a team that dosnt give their all on the floor but still in this perticular game, the entire bench looked better than ours over the last few games (again that dosnt say much when your up 10-15 on a team like toronto from the 1st qtr to the 4th)

- Larry Bird

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2008, 09:55:07 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
Anywho going to take a look at the Lakers at Kings to see if the Lakers continue their play of late against a horrible Kings team (except Salmons, he's pretty baller)

Should say alot about the Lakers if they continue to play mid tier Defense and give up leads with their bench against a team that they by all accounts should maul tonight.

- Larry Bird